Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Real Space

Real Space Real space-related subject WIPs

Old 11-12-2009, 11:39 PM

ModelMan has a brilliant futureModelMan has a brilliant futureModelMan has a brilliant futureModelMan has a brilliant futureModelMan has a brilliant futureModelMan has a brilliant futureModelMan has a brilliant futureModelMan has a brilliant futureModelMan has a brilliant futureModelMan has a brilliant futureModelMan has a brilliant future
Default Re: Kinda out of the box - 1/12th scale Mercury Capsule

I've had this kit staring at me for 2yrs now, daring me to start the interior. I wanted to go grand, then wanted to seal the door shut, but realized I still had to do some of the interior regardless.

I will def. be using your work as a guide when I start. For such a small thing, it's more overwhelming than it seems at first. (for me at least).

ps. If you had been doing this for Jein, you might have only had two days, but at least you would have been on the clock for it!

pps. Here's a few dozen pix of Hammy's capsule over at the LAASM.
http://www.twinlitworlds.com/modelwe...ule/index.html

ppps How's this for intimidating amounts of detail?
Old 11-15-2009, 03:49 PM
Old Man

db is a splendid one to beholddb is a splendid one to beholddb is a splendid one to beholddb is a splendid one to beholddb is a splendid one to beholddb is a splendid one to beholddb is a splendid one to beholddb is a splendid one to beholddb is a splendid one to beholddb is a splendid one to beholddb is a splendid one to behold

Fantastic work !!
Old 11-15-2009, 10:20 PM
suki5150

suki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of All

Nice job.

It's a great kit too.

Love it.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:45 AM

GKvfx has disabled reputation

Thanks, fellas. I'm a little behind in taking picture and posting them..... I've been dealing with the decals and all the fun those shingles create. Thankfully, Scot and Rick Sternbach did it right and got Microscale to do the decals, so it's a lot of work, but it's not impossible and they look great.

Later in the week I'll post some photos of the thing all buttoned up and with the interior lights on.

I got to figure out a stand for it. Can't decide if I want to use a tube for the display case and stand it upright or angle it and just get a case made. And I still don't know about the launch tower. I'm leaning towards including it on this one. That makes it a bigger model to display.

Gene
Old 11-16-2009, 04:07 PM

ModelMan has a brilliant futureModelMan has a brilliant futureModelMan has a brilliant futureModelMan has a brilliant futureModelMan has a brilliant futureModelMan has a brilliant futureModelMan has a brilliant futureModelMan has a brilliant futureModelMan has a brilliant futureModelMan has a brilliant futureModelMan has a brilliant future

For a stand, I was conceptualizing a bed of cotton balls with some orange and yellow flashing leds mixed in them. I think there are liquids that will stiffen the cotton, when stretched into wispy smoke effect, into a solid enough form to hold together without ruining the wispiness. How it would work, I don't quite know. But the vision I have of it is pretty cool.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:26 PM
JAWS MODELS

JAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant future

OMFGods this freakn wicked dude. I absolutely love superdetailers. This is extrordinary. Man just love what youve achieved with this

http://studioscalemodelers.com/
Old 11-18-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModelMan View Post
For a stand, I was conceptualizing a bed of cotton balls with some orange and yellow flashing leds mixed in them.....
I was thinking more along the line of a stand that looks like those old Topping display models. And with the escape tower one, this thing could take up a bunch or real estate (either horizontal or vertical).

Had fun with the decals this past week (hint - don't use Tamiya Splay Clear to seal your decals) that I'll get to posting soon.

Here's some teases of the interior with the lights on -

....and when I glue the hatch down, the photos will be the only record of what the interior looks like.

Later,

Gene
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MercuryCapsuleBuild 089S.jpg (284.2 KB, 110 views)
File Type: jpg MercuryCapsuleBuild 091S.jpg (315.1 KB, 112 views)
File Type: jpg MercuryCapsuleBuild 092S.jpg (303.0 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg MercuryCapsuleBuild 093S.jpg (350.1 KB, 111 views)
Old 11-18-2009, 06:09 PM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God
Thumbs up Re: Kinda out of the box - 1/12th scale Mercury Capsule

No No No... The 4th switch on from the left, second row down should be up!!

TOO FREAKING COOL!!!!
Old 11-18-2009, 08:50 PM

Yeah, well, what you are looking at are 6 second exposures - through the hatch that I'm about to glue down.

Gene