Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Real Space

Real Space Real space-related subject WIPs

Old 09-18-2008, 01:20 PM
Kneel Hoomans! Mwaahaa!

Apophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: And so it begins-1/48 Skylab

updates Carlos! we ned updates! lol!
Old 09-18-2008, 09:00 PM
Ahead of the curve

Scorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of All

Updates within the next couple of days.... Busy as snot right now. This has to be done by mid-Nov when my client comes down for the shuttle launch and to pick this puppy up.

Most of the major assembly is complete except for the solar panels, which I'm working on now, the complex trussing and the Apollo Telescope Module, which is also detail heavy. As a token of his appreciation, my customer sent me a gift.

That's on the back burner for now, I will however be scratchbuilding the ejection seats and fixing the door interiors.

Once I finish Skylab, my next paying project is a 1/12 Apollo CSM.
Old 09-19-2008, 02:30 AM
Eats Roots,Shoots and Leaves

Wombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post

Once I finish Skylab, my next paying project is a 1/12 Apollo CSM.

Oh dude,ya just keep knocking me over with the great builds!!
Now that sound's really cool!!

Can ya hurry up with that Skylab??

Seriously though,i'm looking forward to your next update Carlos.
You really do some fantastic work bud!!
Old 09-19-2008, 06:18 AM
Banned

modman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati God

Cool dude. great news. i cant wait for more pics.

Al
Old 09-19-2008, 11:24 AM
Ahead of the curve

Scorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of All

The ATM is the most consuming part so far, once that is done, I'll be cussing up a storm over the trussing.

I have to cast more of those tiny cross-truss parts before I complete that section. None of this is glued together yet.

Solar panel bottoms, over these I have 1/16" blue mirrored to cut and attach.

The micrometeroid shield so far, Apoxie-Scuplted over ABS cone. Over that I'll glue down tissue paper.....

All your base are belong to me! I'll be putting the 1st mission patch on it.

Parts are parts! I'm tired of pouring rubber....

Some detail shots:

The story so far........

Old 09-19-2008, 11:44 AM
Banned

modman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati God

Thats looking great, i cant wait to see it all painted.

Al
Old 09-19-2008, 12:14 PM
Ahead of the curve

Quote:
Originally Posted by modman06 View Post
Thats looking great, i cant wait to see it all painted.

Al
Thanks bud, me too, cuz that will mean there is light at the end of the tunnel!

Don't get me wrong, it's an enjoyable project, just complex as hell, and I'm doing it in less than 2 months. Since I started this on Aug. 18 I've taken 1.5 days away from it.

Oh, btw I've also got some beautimous self-adhesive gold vinyl for the exposed section of the workshop.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:49 PM

JohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant future

That's look'n great, a real show stopper.
-John
Old 09-19-2008, 01:55 PM
Banned Aide

Mr. Wabac has a brilliant futureMr. Wabac has a brilliant futureMr. Wabac has a brilliant futureMr. Wabac has a brilliant futureMr. Wabac has a brilliant futureMr. Wabac has a brilliant futureMr. Wabac has a brilliant futureMr. Wabac has a brilliant futureMr. Wabac has a brilliant futureMr. Wabac has a brilliant futureMr. Wabac has a brilliant future

Fabulous work !
Old 09-19-2008, 06:38 PM
Eats Roots,Shoots and Leaves

Wombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati God

Wow dude,
What an update,ya sure have been busy.
That's a tight schedule ya on but it's looking bloody fantastic!
Can't wait ta see ya next update bud!!!
Old 09-19-2008, 06:53 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Just spectacular!

Spectacular..........

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 09-20-2008, 07:44 AM
Greeblie Fairy & Navy Mom

Ti Raven has a brilliant futureTi Raven has a brilliant futureTi Raven has a brilliant futureTi Raven has a brilliant futureTi Raven has a brilliant futureTi Raven has a brilliant futureTi Raven has a brilliant futureTi Raven has a brilliant futureTi Raven has a brilliant futureTi Raven has a brilliant futureTi Raven has a brilliant future

Love the detials! Very realistic.

Ti Raven
Old 09-20-2008, 08:21 AM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation

Definitely gonna be a most impressive model when you're finished w/the build! She's really comin' right along!

Itís advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you donít know!
Old 09-26-2008, 01:22 PM
Ahead of the curve

Coming along......

Old 09-26-2008, 01:31 PM
Banned

Yeah. looking good. man those guys from Ct and Ai do some good shit.

AL