Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Finished Sci-Fi and Fantasy projects

Old 10-31-2018, 03:53 AM

Madhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to behold
Default 1/72 Custom 2199 Cosmo Zero

Hi everyone

As an aside from my Star Destroyer, I pulled this one out of the stash for something quick to build. This kit only took 3 days to build and paint and I'm pretty happy with how it came out.
It's the Bandai 1/72 2199 Cosmo Zero. I've opted for a scheme that, I think, makes it look racy but nasty.
All the metallics are Alclad and the rest is Tamiya paints.
Completely OOB and no lighting
The stand comes with the kit - I just added some wires for interest

I originally had turquoise for the leading edges but decided that it was to stark a contrast and looked to toy like. I ended up going for Gold Titanium which looks much better

It was a fun build and the only glue it needed was to secure the missiles to the wing
Well, that's all I have but thanks for looking. Feel free to critique
MH
Old 10-31-2018, 04:54 AM

TEL20102 will become famous soon enoughTEL20102 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 1/72 Custom 2199 Cosmo Zero

Nice work. That is a really unusual looking jet the kind that you could look at for ages and not get bored of it. Your detailing is fantastic very intricate.
Why don't they supply stands like that in all model airplanes as it is nice to be able to change the angle to how you want to display it.
Old 10-31-2018, 08:24 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

*applauds*

Very well done!

Subtle but distinct coloration, probably a much better choice than the aforementioned turquoise...

Best-
-SF
Old 11-01-2018, 03:12 AM

Madhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to behold

thanks guys

LOL, yes, the turquoise ....hmmm. To start with, I thought it would be a good colour combination, but as soon as I put them on, I immediately regretted that decision, so out came the black paint and so on. I thought of clear red over Aluminum like I did with the bombs, but I'd already repainted the parts gold so I thought it best to just leave it as I liked the gold and black together. Quite the classic combination really.

Alclad's Stainless Steel is one of the most versatile colours available in my opinion. I used it for the nose section and it looks awesome. Its just one colour., but by varying the amount sprayed on was how I got the alternate shades.

The engine is a mix of different aluminum colours and some Candy Blue and Hot Metal Sepia to highlight things. The exhaust ports and the dark bits on the nozzle are just hand painted using Gunze Steel Red

I wish Bandai would include those stands in all their 2199 kits
Old 11-01-2018, 06:16 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Not getting tired looking at this. Lovely job MH!

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 11-08-2018, 07:26 PM

thanks bud - appreciated