Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Finished Sci-Fi and Fantasy projects

Old 06-20-2016, 03:02 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: 1/350 Star Trek TOS U.S.S. Miranda, NCC-1833

That was among my first reactions too!
Old 06-20-2016, 06:28 PM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

I get excited about this stuff. I'm not sure I get *That* excited.
Old 06-20-2016, 07:23 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralBuck View Post
I get excited about this stuff. I'm not sure I get *That* excited.

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 07-07-2016, 07:08 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

I'm making a couple changes to the ship.

First, the arboretum area. I designed it so that the deck can be slid out on a pair of rails and I could make changes to it or even build a different room altogether. So - I figure the new piece will be the ship's wardroom. I haven't really decided how it's going to be laid out, but there will be a mural print of Waterhouse's painting of Miranda on one of the walls.

Second, the rectangular piece of plastic just aft of the windows in the spine needs to GO. It was a quick way to cover a mistake but it has bugged me for a long time. So, I removed it, sanded the spine smooth, and made something that more looks like it belongs there. I'll add a few other details at the back, nothing outrageous but a little more interesting. Hopefully.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	newroom.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	72412   Click image for larger version

Name:	newspine.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	72413  
Old 07-07-2016, 07:24 PM
The Kiwi

Location: Out there. Thataway. New Zealand actually. The country Universal Studios left off their globe...
Jim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to behold

To paraphrase George Lucas "Anybody that makes models knows the model is never finished."
Old 07-08-2016, 08:27 PM
It's gonna get real now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim NCC1701A View Post
To paraphrase George Lucas "Anybody that makes models knows the model is never finished."
Hah - that's the truth Especially on models this size.
Old 07-09-2016, 02:02 PM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Ships in service need constant maintenance, overhaul and upgrades. With the M, a work in progress is progress at work.
Old 07-10-2016, 06:13 PM
It's gonna get real now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralBuck View Post
Ships in service need constant maintenance, overhaul and upgrades. With the M, a work in progress is progress at work.
I'm thinking about adding the subtly pulsing impulse lights like you added to S.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:02 AM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
I'm thinking about adding the subtly pulsing impulse lights like you added to S.
That would be a nice touch. The S impulse lighting was originally lit with a slowly pulsing pair of orange 3mm LEDs sandwiched around (3) 3mm RED constant-on lights. That circuit was later reallocated to other lighting so I had to replace the pulse with the very quick flicker board from Starling Tech. I don't like it nearly as much.

I found a nice slow ramp up/down circuit board source from these guys when I had to replace the hangar door beacons on the S. These N-scale boards are very small but I do think these slow beacon circuits will work well for the M impulse:

Beacon simulator and Tower Beacon boards:

http://www.ngineering.com/lighting%2...20aircraft.htm

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 07-11-2016 at 07:03 AM.
Old 04-21-2017, 07:12 PM
It's gonna get real now.

One thing that has bugged me about this ship has been her paint job. She looks okay, but she could look so much better.

So, after staking AdmiralBuck's builds here and on Facebook, I've decided to give her a new finish.

Some changes will be made...and one of those will be the font of the markings. Bill came up with this, and I printed it out a few days ago and taped it in place. The more I look at it, the more I love it:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	M-markings1.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	72784  
Old 04-21-2017, 10:25 PM
Loose canon with a loose screw

MHaz1701 New face in the crowd

Old 04-25-2017, 08:00 AM
All ahead full

I can't wait to see what goodies you have in store for her overhaul.