Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Finished Sci-Fi and Fantasy projects

Old 12-24-2014, 07:57 AM

Captain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to behold
Default My 1/350 TOS Enterprise build

Here is one of my personal 1/350 Enterprise builds. I air brushed the model using a custom mix of Tamiya Paints through my Iwata system. I adjusted the lighting to reflect correct scale(a pet peeve of mine is overly lit models).

A You Tube Video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AogW3pHg3gA

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BOW 2  MYERS.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	71543  

Last edited by Captain Han Solo; 01-09-2015 at 07:28 PM.
Old 12-24-2014, 09:58 AM
One-trek Mind

Trekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: My 1/350 TOS Enterprise build

Oh my god... those bussards... like Christmas tree lights. Just like the original. I weep for joy this holiday season!

"I'm afraid the guilty party is in for a very severe punishment."
Old 01-01-2015, 07:21 PM

Captain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to behold

Old 01-02-2015, 12:01 PM
One-trek Mind

Trekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati God

Nice effect with the graininess added. Those bussard lights are just awesome looking. Very true to the original.

Old 01-03-2015, 10:43 AM

Last edited by Captain Han Solo; 06-16-2016 at 05:17 AM.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:44 AM

My Klingon Battle Cruisers and 1/350 Enterprise square off in the spirit of the original series effects and Original box cover of the AMT Klingon ship. Again, to mimic the original series as broadcast, careful lighting, "SCALE" lighting is employed. All the models were Air Brushed using my IWATA system.

Old 01-08-2015, 03:26 PM

My personal 1/350 Original series Star Trek Enterprise. I photographed the model against an appropriate backdrop to highlight my color choices. I'll have fun with her in a star field soon, but I wanted just to show off the finished model. Using reference material I have collected over the years I custom mixed Tamiya and Model Master paints, through an air brush. The lighting has been adjusted for correct scale as well as the weathering, again per the original filming miniature.

Old 01-09-2015, 11:22 AM
One-trek Mind

Man I thought mine turned out well but I like yours even more; especially the bussards! The one shot I'd like to see is this one but I suppose it would take a wide angle lens:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	TOS NCC-1701.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	6.2 KB
ID:	71631  

Last edited by Trekriffic; 01-09-2015 at 11:26 AM.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekriffic View Post
Man I thought mine turned out well but I like yours even more; especially the bussards! The one shot I'd like to see is this one but I suppose it would take a wide angle lens:
Many Thanks Trek!

I have a bunch of other shots of the model...One depicting the shot you like. I'll get to it soon.

What the heck are Bussards? Or is it Buzzards?
Old 01-09-2015, 01:25 PM
One-trek Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Han Solo View Post
What the heck are Bussards? Or is it Buzzards?
The domes on the front of the nacelles.

Old 01-09-2015, 02:01 PM

Quote:
The domes on the front of the nacelles.
I can't recall one time after numerous viewings of the Classic series any mention of bussards, or Buzzards...

So I am guessing...
1) It was a name given the domes in one of the other Trek series and we are somehow trying to tie the name in to the original series?
2) Some Ner..eh Fan came up with the name now it is being used???

LOL!!!Either way many sincere thanks for the kind comments!

Last edited by Captain Han Solo; 01-09-2015 at 02:02 PM.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:42 PM
One-trek Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Han Solo View Post
I can't recall one time after numerous viewings of the Classic series any mention of bussards, or Buzzards...

So I am guessing...
1) It was a name given the domes in one of the other Trek series and we are somehow trying to tie the name in to the original series?
2) Some Ner..eh Fan came up with the name now it is being used???

LOL!!!Either way many sincere thanks for the kind comments!
I think the first time it was used was in STTNG when referring to them as bussard ramscoops. I'm not alone in applying the term retroactively to the original series though.

Last edited by Trekriffic; 01-09-2015 at 05:42 PM.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:44 PM

Quote:
I think the first time it was used was in STTNG when referring to them as bussard ramscoops. I'm not alone in applying the term retroactively to the original series though.
I thought it was something like that Trek! Thanks. I hope you don't think I was implying that you coined the phrase! I was never one to follow the crowd! I am an original Trek guy to the core, and I know that they were never called that.

Last edited by Captain Han Solo; 01-10-2015 at 05:31 PM.
Old 01-09-2015, 07:23 PM

OOOps!

Last edited by Captain Han Solo; 01-21-2015 at 07:19 PM.
Old 01-10-2015, 02:59 PM
Normality Restored

beeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati God

Nice buzzards!

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	buzzard.jpg
Views:	760
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	71639