Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Finished Sci-Fi and Fantasy projects

Old 01-12-2015, 05:01 AM

Captain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: My 1/350 TOS Enterprise build

Old 01-12-2015, 10:16 AM
One-trek Mind

Trekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati God

Nice! Another one of my favorite poses!

"I'm afraid the guilty party is in for a very severe punishment."
Old 01-15-2015, 10:04 AM

Captain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to behold

Again, Many Thanks indeed!

Here are several pics of the model without the "enhancements" (Star field, Tholian web, Phasers)Against the black background I photographed it in front of...

Old 01-17-2015, 05:04 AM

And during the photo shoot...

Old 01-21-2015, 07:18 PM

Old 01-22-2015, 08:03 AM
Lets... Lets do that!

Miketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really nice

Never get tired of seeing this one. I see you filled in the gridlines. My bigest weakness in my builds is putty, seam work. I need to get better at that to trully have a show piece such as this. I have a ton of spare parts, I might give filling in the grid lines a try on one of my spare saucers, just to learn some practice, and if it comes out good, use it in my next 1/350 tos build.

The result of a love of the hobby, and way too much time on my hands.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:49 AM
One-trek Mind

Trekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miketech1982 View Post
Never get tired of seeing this one. I see you filled in the gridlines. My bigest weakness in my builds is putty, seam work. I need to get better at that to trully have a show piece such as this. I have a ton of spare parts, I might give filling in the grid lines a try on one of my spare saucers, just to learn some practice, and if it comes out good, use it in my next 1/350 tos build.
Filling in the gridlines is a must for me with this model. I've seen plenty of builds done with the gridlines intact and they always come off as looking more toylike than the ones with smooth saucers. Also, any chance the model had of looking like what we saw on screen goes right out the window.

Last edited by Trekriffic; 01-22-2015 at 09:51 AM.
Old 01-22-2015, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekriffic View Post
Filling in the gridlines is a must for me with this model. I've seen plenty of builds done with the gridlines intact and they always come off as looking more toylike than the ones with smooth saucers. Also, any chance the model had of looking like what we saw on screen goes right out the window.
100% right Trek!!!
Old 02-13-2015, 06:01 PM

Old 02-25-2015, 03:56 PM

Old 03-19-2015, 05:50 AM

Old 05-18-2015, 08:24 AM

Hey Guys...

Here is one of my personal 1/350 Polar Lights Enterprise builds. I brought it to AAA Hobbies(Steven's international) to show the guys there in person what she looks like. She was a big hit with the staff and clientele. Again, Using reference material collected over the years of the 11' Miniature, I tried to get as close to the "real 1701" as seen in 1966. I weathered it, again per reference material, Used Orbital Drydocks Masks for the ships registration. I completely removed the grid lines by filling and sanding them away. The "gridlines" are hardly noticeable on the 11' miniature, so in my humble opinion, they could not be seen in 1/350 scale. I don't like overly lit models, so I adjusted the lighting to reflect scale. The model was a hit with the staff and clientele alike!

Last edited by Captain Han Solo; 05-19-2015 at 06:20 AM.
Old 05-22-2015, 06:11 AM

Old 06-17-2015, 05:32 AM

OK...

Here I am recreating My composite photo seen in the totally awesome July Issue of Fine Scale Modeler!

First I am NOT using the red lamps as I did in that Photo...
I did not step the power down in the engine caps either as I did for that Photo. The engines look wrong to me in that photograph...way too dark.

The Lighting used here is different than what I used for that picture so it doesn't have the Bluish tint that one does. This photo was taken utilizing as much natural sunlight as possible(the way I prefer it).

So here is the model against it's appropriate background. Internal lighting to scale, external lighting correct...

Step 2 the model is placed in a TOS era Star Field .

STEP 3
Since I can't find real phasers at Home Depot I need to add them into the shot.

url=http://s1165.photobucket.com/user/ELVISMAJORS/media/STEP%204a_zps6qpgfwld.jpg.html][/url]

STEP 4
She's in space firing her phasers now I need to add Film Grain to pay homage to the TOS...

Old 06-17-2015, 11:43 AM
One-trek Mind

Lovely! I like the less bluish look.