Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Finished Sci-Fi and Fantasy projects

Old 06-16-2016, 02:30 PM

Often wrong Soong is just really niceOften wrong Soong is just really niceOften wrong Soong is just really niceOften wrong Soong is just really niceOften wrong Soong is just really niceOften wrong Soong is just really niceOften wrong Soong is just really niceOften wrong Soong is just really nice
Default Generations Enterprise D - with saucer separation

Hi guys. It’s been a long time since I posted anything here, or any forums for that matter, but I thought I’d show a recently completed commission project. Apologies for the poor picture quality, I hadn’t intended to post any of these online while working on the project.

This was built for a client using AMT’s 1/1400 opaque kit and was heavily modified to recreate the 6’ miniature as it appeared in Star Trek Generations as closely as possible. It features a fully detachable saucer and can be displayed fully lighted in both modes. A custom glass display case was built by James Pamplin at Immortal Cases and Displays.

Some aftermarket upgrades were used, such as DLM’s fantastic brass details, JT Graphics decals and Tetryon’s accurate neck piece and nacelle pod details. The surface was sanded smooth to remove the raised details and many other aspects were modified to improve the accuracy of the finished model including the rear nacelle pylon “wing” thickness, strongback details, missing windows, main shuttle bay door and others. Some custom decals were also used to recreate the missing saucer and secondary hull rim windows.

The lighting system includes accurate position marker lights, accurate anti-collision strobe positions and flash rate, screen accurate lighted windows (with a few exceptions due to internal structural re-enforcements) separately operated blue “aqua deck” windows and saucer impulse engines, main deflector dish and engine nacelles. The lighting system is fully operational in both display modes, the upper B/C deck was modified to become a removable section to gain access to the interior of the saucer to swap electrical connections and operate the saucer impulse engines and aqua deck windows when required.

Many reference sources were used to try to recreate the 4 tone Aztec pattern as closely as possible. A custom set of paint masks were handmade to apply each layer of colour, one after the other (21 A4 sheets in total) and all paint tones were custom mixes. This was one of the most difficult and time consuming processes of the entire project. All other details were painted using custom colours to get as close to the original as possible.

This is the most complex and accurate “Generations” Enterprise D I have built yet. It is not 100% screen accurate but it is extremely close in my opinion. Who knows, I might have one more crack at it one day...!
Thanks for looking

Wayne
Often Wrong Soong

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Generations%20D%20002_zpswqhwlxa2.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	72383  

Last edited by Often wrong Soong; 06-16-2016 at 02:34 PM.
Old 06-16-2016, 07:43 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Generations Enterprise D - with saucer separation

That is FANTASTIC!!!

The "D" is a hard ship to get right.

You've done it in spades!!!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 06-16-2016, 08:36 PM
Normality Restored

beeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati God

Wow.
Old 06-16-2016, 08:58 PM

LittleYoda99 will become famous soon enoughLittleYoda99 will become famous soon enough

Wow.

just... wow. Wayne, you have outdone yourself, and inspired me yet again
Old 06-17-2016, 06:23 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

*applause*
Very well done!
Old 06-17-2016, 10:54 AM

cosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud of

pure awesomeness
Old 06-17-2016, 11:00 AM
Ne Jabba no Barter

JediPuju will become famous soon enoughJediPuju will become famous soon enoughJediPuju will become famous soon enough

Thats pretty special.
I busted out my clear D on the back of your last one you posted here. AMAZING !

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Old 06-17-2016, 11:01 AM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God

good grief beautiful work!
Old 06-17-2016, 12:04 PM

Chief D.D. Maxwell will become famous soon enoughChief D.D. Maxwell will become famous soon enough

That is outstanding!!!

Current assignment:
U.S.S. Miranda NCC-1833
Captain D.A. Lewis commanding
Old 06-21-2016, 02:42 PM

Often wrong Soong is just really niceOften wrong Soong is just really niceOften wrong Soong is just really niceOften wrong Soong is just really niceOften wrong Soong is just really niceOften wrong Soong is just really niceOften wrong Soong is just really niceOften wrong Soong is just really nice

Thanks for the kind words guys, much appreciated...makes the weeks/months of window drilling and mask drawing/cutting worth it! It wasn't exactly the smoothest of projects but she turned out well and the client is more than happy, which is the most important thing. As usual, the camera has blown out the lighting levels in the pictures, particularly the blues. The lighting is much more to scale to the naked eye.

I can see myself having another go at this at some point in the near future, particularly as Round 2 are doing another run of the clear kit later this year....

W
Old 07-01-2016, 08:18 PM

srspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant future

Beautiful work!
Old 07-26-2016, 12:46 PM

pheniks has a spectacular aura aboutpheniks has a spectacular aura aboutpheniks has a spectacular aura aboutpheniks has a spectacular aura about

outstanding
Old 11-02-2016, 03:33 PM

USSBonchune New face in the crowd

I really do hope that you re-add the WIP album, as I would KILL to see your process and how you did some of this...
Old 11-19-2016, 04:16 PM

Thanks again guys, the D doesn't get much love from a lot of Trek fans but I've always loved the design. I'm already half way through another D build for a commission....can't leave it alone, haha!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by USSBonchune View Post
I really do hope that you re-add the WIP album, as I would KILL to see your process and how you did some of this...

There are far too many photo's to re-upload unfortunately, literally 450+ taken during the build. I'd be happy to answer any specific questions you might have though

W
Old 01-23-2017, 08:39 PM

USSBonchune New face in the crowd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Often wrong Soong View Post
Thanks again guys, the D doesn't get much love from a lot of Trek fans but I've always loved the design. I'm already half way through another D build for a commission....can't leave it alone, haha!!

There are far too many photo's to re-upload unfortunately, literally 450+ taken during the build. I'd be happy to answer any specific questions you might have though

W
Man that sucks! I have so many questions that I don't even know where to start...