Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Finished Sci-Fi and Fantasy projects

Old 07-23-2016, 08:38 AM
detail junkie

Andrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to behold
Default RAS Canberra

The Canberra is a model finished a few months ago and gave as a gift to my good Australian buddy Jay which he took home after his visit in April 2016. It is kitbashed from lots of different kit parts.
The real Australian Navy counterparts had the numbers FFG 02 and L 02 and wanted to stay in the tradition, so this model has two letters and the '02'.
To date this is the fastest model I ever kitbashed.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RAS Canberra top view 1280.jpg
Views:	479
Size:	980.9 KB
ID:	72462   Click image for larger version

Name:	RAS Canberra side view 1280.jpg
Views:	466
Size:	965.8 KB
ID:	72463   Click image for larger version

Name:	RAS Canberra angle view 1280.jpg
Views:	459
Size:	276.2 KB
ID:	72464   Click image for larger version

Name:	RAS Canberra comp.jpg
Views:	466
Size:	342.1 KB
ID:	72465  

Be sure to visit our facebook site at:
https://www.facebook.com/gluesbrothers/?ref=bookmarks
Old 07-25-2016, 07:01 AM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future
Default Re: RAS Canberra

Lovely ship! Love the split bow and all the details in there. Is there a WIP thread for it?

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 07-25-2016, 07:28 AM
Ridged For Her Pleasure

The Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond repute

I like it.
Old 07-25-2016, 09:55 AM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of

That is a great looking design.
Old 07-25-2016, 11:20 AM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

I'm pretty sure I'm seeing the Macross in the main body.

Old 07-25-2016, 03:05 PM

Chief D.D. Maxwell will become famous soon enoughChief D.D. Maxwell will become famous soon enough

Wow, that looks terrific!

Current assignment:
U.S.S. Miranda NCC-1833
Captain D.A. Lewis commanding
Old 07-25-2016, 06:33 PM
detail junkie

Andrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to beholdAndrew C. is a splendid one to behold

Thank you for your kind posts, guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
Is there a WIP thread for it?
Sorry, but there are no WIP pictures. This was not only a gift, but also a test to see if I could build quickly and might enter an online modeling contest. The parts were gathered and the model built (not counting paintjob & decaling) in 9 days and didn't take any pictures along the way. This is the only one I can offer which shows most of the main parts before cementing:

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I'm seeing the Macross in the main body.
Yes, there are Macross SDF-1 Cruiser parts from the 1/4000th Hasegawa kit in the main body.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RAS Canberra parts.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	973.0 KB
ID:	72469  

Last edited by Andrew C.; 07-25-2016 at 06:35 PM. Reason: more info
Old 07-26-2016, 06:12 PM

Awesome!! That could fit so well into Macross!

Old 04-22-2017, 12:03 AM

Madhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to behold

oh man - I was so hoping that this was a scratch build and I am stoked to see it is! (I only say this coz I missed the first parts of your post) That is awesome!!!!!!! I really like the whole "ship around a fuck off huge gun" design and this has it in spades. Beautifully painted and weathered - and its a nice change to see something like this wearing an Aussie flag as opposed to American or Japanese

Last edited by Madhatter; 04-22-2017 at 12:05 AM.
Old 04-22-2017, 07:09 AM
detail junkie

Quote:
Awesome!! That could fit so well into Macross!
Thanks! The main part and the idea came from looking at a SDF-1 Cruiser kit, so I guess it could fit into the Macross universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter View Post
oh man - I was so hoping that this was a scratch build and I am stoked to see it is! (I only say this coz I missed the first parts of your post) That is awesome!!!!!!! I really like the whole "ship around a fuck off huge gun" design and this has it in spades. Beautifully painted and weathered - and its a nice change to see something like this wearing an Aussie flag as opposed to American or Japanese
Thank you, Madhatter! You might be happy to hear that an Australian near-future space fighter is in the works, just need to resolve some decal problems. It'll be flying the Aussie flag, too.