Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Finished Sci-Fi and Fantasy projects

Old 08-03-2016, 11:33 AM
One-trek Mind

Trekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati God
Default USS Abaddon - Goliath Class Dreadnought

Here are a few fiished pics of my 1/1000 scale TOS era dreadnought,m the USS Abaddon...

Backstory
The Abaddon was built over a 2 year period between 2269 and 2271 in a secret facility deep within the Rigellian asteroid belt thru the joint efforts of Starfleet Command and Section 31. She incorporates Doomsday Machine and Romulan cloaking device technology thanks to the efforts of Captain James T Kirk and the crew of the USS Enterprise in the years prior to her construction. She is the second ship in her class following the destruction of her sister ship, the USS Goliath, for which the class was named. Unlike the Goliath she is outfitted with carbon-neutronium composite armor over a tritanium alloy inner hull. In addition to standard, heavy, and mega-phasers (the turrets seen fore and aft) she is equipped with three forward and two stern firing photon torpedo ports. Her most powerful weapon though is a tuneable anti-proton beam emitter located on her bow. This and her armor plating come courtesy of research conducted on the remains of the Doomsday Machine. She also has cloaking capability, triple redundant nested deflector shielding, and advanced tactical targeting sensors able to locate and lock on to several enemy targets at once. Her main mission is to discourage incursions into the disputed territories along the Federation-Klingon border during the period of the Federation-Klingon Cold War. As such, she is tasked with confronting and overpowering any vessel or vessels engaged in acts of aggression against the Federation whether they be Klingon, Romulan, Gorn, or other hostile forces. During fleet-to-fleet engagements she takes on the role of a "wedge buster", causing panic and disarray within the enemy's attack formations.

USS ABADDON by trekriffic, on Flickr

Her captain, Karis Tatenen, has a flair for the dramatic. Here he is reciting a dedication at her launch as she exits the cloaked entry to her secret asteroid base...

Captain Karis Tatenen- Dedication Quote by trekriffic, on Flickr
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1645.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	72505  

"I'm afraid the guilty party is in for a very severe punishment."

Last edited by Trekriffic; 09-08-2016 at 11:13 AM.
Old 08-03-2016, 06:30 PM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of
Default Re: USS Abaddon - Goliath Class Dreadnought

Ooooo! Cool!
Old 08-04-2016, 01:46 PM

Chief D.D. Maxwell will become famous soon enoughChief D.D. Maxwell will become famous soon enough

Now there's a nice ship, love to get my hands on that weapons control station...

Current assignment:
U.S.S. Miranda NCC-1833
Captain D.A. Lewis commanding
Old 08-04-2016, 05:31 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

She looks sturdy.

I like it.....

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 08-05-2016, 12:01 PM
One-trek Mind

Trekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati God

Thanks guys.

Chief Maxwell,

Here's a list of her weaponry which should make your mouth water...

Upper saucer:
3 standard (dual) phaser banks

Lower saucer:
3 standard (dual) phaser banks
1 dual mega-phaser turret
3 photon torpedo tubes

Saucer Bow:
1 tuneable anti-proton beam emitter able to fire up to six separate beams or multiple beams in any combination

Secondary hull:
1 forward ventral standard (dual) phaser bank
1 aft ventral heavy phaser (ball turret)
2 swiveling heavy phasers, one on each side, located amidships below the nacelle pylons
2 "popup" heavy phaser turrets, one on each side, located forward along the ship's pennants
1 dual mega-phaser turret located on the spine aft of the nacelle pylons
2 photon torpedo tubes on the stern

Last edited by Trekriffic; 08-07-2016 at 05:46 PM.
Old 08-05-2016, 12:06 PM
One-trek Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neb View Post
She looks sturdy.

I like it.....
Sturdy? She is that. I thickened the secondary hull with .080" thick styrene sheet. The nacelle pylons and dorsal were thickened with extra brass and styrene sheet. Of course, the saucer is double thick which I think really helps to balance out the third nacelle up top and the extra length added to the secondary hull. She has "nice lines" as modellers on other forums have said.

Last edited by Trekriffic; 08-05-2016 at 01:38 PM.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:09 AM
One-trek Mind

This build is finished...

On Patrol 001 by trekriffic, on Flickr

For more pics check out pages 11 and 12 of my post in the 2015 50th Anniversary Group Build section over on All Scale Trek:

Dreadnought USS Abaddon -Finished Pics and Video! - Page 11 - All Scale Trek

Also posted a video on Youtube:

Indestructible Video:

https://youtu.be/zUlW1f61gyY

Thanks for everyone's support here.

Last edited by Trekriffic; 09-08-2016 at 11:12 AM.
Old 09-08-2016, 01:35 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Nice work!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 09-08-2016, 05:46 PM
Ridged For Her Pleasure

The Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond repute

You know, I kinda' dig the rear facing phaser turret.