Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Finished Sci-Fi and Fantasy projects

Old 08-25-2016, 10:28 PM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of
Default 1:350 USS Repulse - TOS Heavy Destroyer

The workshop is being warmed up for the official start of Project: Repulse, another custom design in 1:350 scale. As a companion ship to the Sentinel, this new heavy-destroyer class will utilize the same warp nacelles and smaller diameter (12") primary hull. Jeff from JT Graphics has come forward to produce this ship from the ground floor as a 3D printed kit. As such, this means he'll be working directly from my concept art, sketches and my rough 3D SketchUp model to recreate Repulse in SolidWorks.

Some of you may have seen earlier SketchUp renders of Repulse on the Sentinel thread. The design has stayed pretty close to the original concept, with some minor additions and details fleshed out. For fun, a version with a roll bar was rendered:

I have since determined not to pursue the roll bar idea as it pushes her out of the destroyer class into Miranda territory, even though she is much smaller. I've stolen enough ideas from various other ships.

Ship emblems have also been designed, based on the castle themed crest of the original HMS Repulse:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Repulse_08JAN17_profile_thumb.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	72642  

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-10-2017 at 02:41 PM.
Old 08-25-2016, 10:40 PM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of
Default Re: 1:350 USS Repulse - TOS Heavy Destroyer

Sweet. Looking forward to seeing where this one goes.
Old 08-26-2016, 05:13 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Aces! Can't wait for the next installment.
Old 08-26-2016, 07:53 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

This design works nicely.
Old 08-26-2016, 08:58 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Good idea to go without the roll bar.
Has a purposeful and balanced look overall, another winner methinks!
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 08-26-2016, 03:54 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralBuck View Post
The workshop is being warmed up for the official start of Project: Repulse, another custom design in 1:350 scale. As a companion ship to the Sentinel, this new heavy-destroyer class will utilize the same warp nacelles and smaller diameter (12") primary hull. Jeff from JT Graphics has come forward to produce this ship from the ground floor as a 3D printed kit. As such, this means he'll be working directly from my concept art, sketches and my rough 3D SketchUp model to recreate Repulse in SolidWorks.

Some of you may have seen earlier SketchUp renders of Repulse on the Sentinel thread. The design has stayed pretty close to the original concept, with some minor additions and details fleshed out. For fun, a version with a roll bar was rendered:

[...]

I have since determined not to pursue the roll bar idea as it pushes her out of the destroyer class into Miranda territory, even though she is much smaller. I've stolen enough ideas from various other ships.

[...]

Ship emblems have also been designed, based on the castle themed crest of the original HMS Repulse:
[...]
Ok, *puts student-hat back on*, I'm ready:

1) when you say "kit," do you mean... "Kit of parts that Buck can build," or do you mean... A KIT, like, for sale to God and everyone...? (*wallet starts to leap out of pocket...*

2) Good idea on ditching the rollbar. Cat's Miranda is my favorite TOS-rollbar-interpretation, and I'm just as happy to see this design go a different direction than the "Every Reliant Must Haz Rollbar"...

3 "designs stolen from other ships"-- I prefer the term "homage" (pronounced with a snooty French accent). I see Akira (or Akiraprise), Sentinel, the rear "shoulders" look like the Enterprise-B.... Any others?

4) The areas on the rear of the shoulders... Shuttlebays?

5) I even like the ship's emblem. T-shirts available when?

Best-
-SF
Old 08-26-2016, 04:00 PM
One-trek Mind

Trekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati God

I like it without the rollbar better. Looks just a tad sleeker.

"I'm afraid the guilty party is in for a very severe punishment."
Old 08-26-2016, 04:01 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Love it! You come out with the best stuff Admiral!
She's a sexy looking little ship.

And I also have to ask... Kit..?

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 08-26-2016, 08:44 PM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCI-FI View Post
Ok, *puts student-hat back on*, I'm ready:

1) when you say "kit," do you mean... "Kit of parts that Buck can build," or do you mean... A KIT, like, for sale to God and everyone...? (*wallet starts to leap out of pocket...*

2) Good idea on ditching the rollbar. Cat's Miranda is my favorite TOS-rollbar-interpretation, and I'm just as happy to see this design go a different direction than the "Every Reliant Must Haz Rollbar"...

3 "designs stolen from other ships"-- I prefer the term "homage" (pronounced with a snooty French accent). I see Akira (or Akiraprise), Sentinel, the rear "shoulders" look like the Enterprise-B.... Any others?

4) The areas on the rear of the shoulders... Shuttlebays?

5) I even like the ship's emblem. T-shirts available when?

Best-
-SF

1. Yes, a kit for everyone (including me!)

2. Agreed. It is very tempting to throw one on her but I must resist, rollbars belong on the Miranda class, not a little destroyer. I may play with something, maybe a 'spoiler' of sorts aft.

3. I think there are bits of nearly everything. I'm not specifically looking at any other ship as I design this. This biggest inspiration for her hull come from the low slung, armored and faceted WW2 German Stug III tank hull.

4. Right, I've been calling these shoulders "sponsons". And, because of my love of sea planes, these closely resemble large dual opposing floats. At the aft end of each on the Repulse is a hangar bay.

5. I will most likely be producing embroidered shirts as I did for Sentinel. Although t-shirts are always an option!

Team Sentinel members in their away team gear (AdmiralBuck, Blap, Cat):

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-11-2017 at 09:08 AM.
Old 08-27-2016, 04:43 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Nice pic. And those shirts look great.

Old 08-27-2016, 05:26 PM
Humble Aspirant

Quote:
1. Yes, a kit for everyone (including me!)
A 1/350th Buck design?
For sale to the masses?
KEGGER!

Quote:
2. Agreed. It is very tempting to throw one on her but I must resist, rollbars belong on the Miranda class, not a little destroyer. I may play with something, maybe a 'spoiler' of sorts aft.
... A spoiler, that doesn't look rollbar-ish... I can imagine a few, but I can't wait for Tycho Yards to publish their real deal...

Quote:
[...] 5. I will most likely be producing embroidered shirts as I did for Sentinel. Although t-shirts are always an option!

Team Sentinel members in their away team gear (AdmiralBuck, Blap, Cat):

Wait. Shirts? How in the blazes did I miss this?

And one more ship question:
Quote:
What's that "slot" in the front of the saucer section (just above the "tiny smiley face")?

Best-
-SF
Old 08-27-2016, 08:16 PM
All ahead full

Smile Re: 1:350 USS Repulse - TOS Heavy Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCI-FI View Post
A 1/350th Buck design?
For sale to the masses?
KEGGER!

... A spoiler, that doesn't look rollbar-ish... I can imagine a few, but I can't wait for Tycho Yards to publish their real deal...

Wait. Shirts? How in the blazes did I miss this?

And one more ship question:

What's that "slot" in the front of the saucer section (just above the "tiny smiley face")?

Best-
-SF
Yes, other forthcoming kits will include Sentinel, Shangri-La, Wasp and Cat's D10: we took a road trip to JT's shop last month where they were digitally scanned to begin the kit process.

Not 100% sure even the spoiler will work either. Spent a few more hours playing with a variety of things. No luck in anything worth pursuing yet.

The Sentinel shirts I had produced in a very small batch for myself and as gifts to those who provided assistance in her construction. If you are interested in obtaining, please message me - I'm sure we can arrange something!

The bow slot is Repulse's main navigation deflector. This will be a backlit blue "grill". The main sensor dish will be located in a vertical oval recess on her forward secondary hull.
Old 08-28-2016, 05:11 PM

It'll be great to see your progress on Repulse. Always a great event!

As for the kits, are they all /350 or are they /1000? Or both!?

Old 08-28-2016, 05:19 PM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of

Admiral your Avatar is most awesome. Can you imagine big budget trek movies in the late 60s? I can!
Old 08-29-2016, 07:05 AM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
It'll be great to see your progress on Repulse. Always a great event!

As for the kits, are they all /350 or are they /1000? Or both!?
Thanks Tiberious! I know the Repulse will be mastered in 350 as that is what I need to build mine. I am not certain what JT scale intends to release the others. My guess would be 1000 and 350, as they are the popular scales right now.