Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Finished Sci-Fi and Fantasy projects

Old 04-23-2016, 08:40 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of
Default Re: 1:350 TOS Light Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
It's kind of a 1969 hospital wall green!
It fits perfectly! …In sickbay.

Another major milestone arrived at the doorsteps of Tycho Yard yesterday. These custom decals produced by Tom Roylance are beautifully done! I can't thank everyone enough for the comments, support and contributions that have made this project possible. This should be the last of the customized items needed for completion on the 30 day countdown to WF16.

These decals include fantail nomenclature and hull markings for the personnel docking hatches and hangar detail. The other two sets represent markings for the Sentinel standard shuttlecraft and twin Lewis Class Heavy Shuttles from Starbase 58.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-14-2017 at 02:26 PM.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:56 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

More wires, more light. The main hangar is finally and permanently installed after three attempts to get the landing lights to correctly fit and look right. The first test involved 2mm clear lighthouse LEDs in large holes under the deck. They looked out-of-scale, plus the wiring harness was too big to fit underneath and allow me to install it back into the hull. The second attempt used 1mm jacketed fiber optics through smaller holes drilled into the deck. This looked better but the fibers were still too bulky and unable to make the 3/8" bend underneath. Plan "C" happened this weekend with all-new 1mm fiber strands - which were a little more flexible but I also re-reouted them to pass through the bottom of the unseen cargo hold rather than under the entire module. Still a very tough fit and large subassembly taking up most of the bottom of the secondary interior. Thankfully it's in. I'm done with it.

New flat top 3mm LEDs provided the source illumination. The pairs of fibers were wrapped together with aluminum tape and snugged into shrink tubing that fit each of the four LED lenses, then epoxied.

The overhead lighting harness was installed next. This included the double red LED chips over the cargo hold, the twin LED strips for above the main hangar and a single SMD white chip for the aft dome light. The hangar trusses were skinned from above with a sheet of diffusion material to soften the LED strips. These strips also illuminate the control room which hangs from the rear of the hangar. The ceiling of the control room was left open and also diffused.

The stern top is still just taped on. I can't do anything more until the nacelles arrive so I can start running wiring from the drives through the pylons and into the hull. This is a low power test, running on 9V for the photos. The strip lighting is barely visible although white-hot at 12V. These will also be dimmable.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-14-2017 at 02:36 PM.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:59 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Beautiful workmanship all round and the lighting is bloody top notch!
Looks right, therefore it is right.
Nuff said
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 04-26-2016, 08:41 PM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raytheon View Post
Beautiful workmanship all round and the lighting is bloody top notch!
Looks right, therefore it is right.
Nuff said
Many thanks Raytheon!! As the singular judge, jury and executioner on this project - it can't be any righter but certainly, I can be completely wrong.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 04-27-2016 at 03:50 PM.
Old 04-26-2016, 10:06 PM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of

Hangarbay and decal sets look great per usual.
Old 04-27-2016, 03:29 PM
All ahead full

The cast resin nacelle components have finally arrived from the Blaposphere and boy did they come out gorgeous. Blap has out-did himself and should be proud of his expert talent in reproducing them!

I can't wait to get home and try these on!

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-14-2017 at 02:27 PM.
Old 04-27-2016, 08:58 PM
All ahead full

Everyone is tired of looking at this thing but here are some test pics of the S with her nacelles taped into position. It's been a long road to get to this point but a relief to see her finally in a complete form:

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-14-2017 at 02:37 PM.
Old 04-27-2016, 09:37 PM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of

That is truly a sexy looking ship. I think you have mastered the late tos look not just established said look.
Old 04-27-2016, 09:55 PM
SPACESHIP!

Blappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of All

She looks great Bill! Bravo on a fabulous design and thank you for letting me have a small part in it.
Old 04-28-2016, 07:11 AM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Warrior View Post
That is truly a sexy looking ship. I think you have mastered the late tos look not just established said look.
Thanks RW! Expect more designs and ships of this era from me - and this includes Klingon and Romulan ships as well. I'll also have several pairs of these new nacelles ready to fit a growing fleet. Speaking of which, another project forthcoming Is the REPULSE. Here is a very early concept of her configuration and will utilize the new PB-58 warp drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blappy View Post
She looks great Bill! Bravo on a fabulous design and thank you for letting me have a small part in it.
This would not have happened without you Blap! The part you played was a major one and I am blessed that you were able and willing to join the fun!

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-14-2017 at 02:29 PM.
Old 04-28-2016, 09:43 AM
Imperial

I'm liking the lines on that. Heavy frigate?
Old 04-28-2016, 09:51 AM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Warrior View Post
I'm liking the lines on that. Heavy frigate?
More of a twin-engine destroyer. I'm looking to explore new territory and not encroach too much into the Surya and Miranda frigate and cruiser realm.
Old 04-28-2016, 03:00 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Will this stuff never end..?

And I mean, please let it never end!!

All outstanding, and that new design looks downright belligerent!

I think I've reached my exclamation mark quota for the day.

And that Blappy, man, he should go into business or something!

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 04-28-2016, 06:33 PM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
Will this stuff never end..?

And I mean, please let it never end!!

All outstanding, and that new design looks downright belligerent!

I think I've reached my exclamation mark quota for the day.

And that Blappy, man, he should go into business or something!
Oh, with all due luck, we'll be done in the next four weeks. But there's always more in the pipeline. But thank you! Perhaps I buy you a few more exclamation marks for tomorrow. The Blap knows his stuff!!
Old 04-28-2016, 08:43 PM
Imperial

Cool, looking forward to this twin engine destroyer.