Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > Wonderfest, Past, Present, and Future!

Old 05-18-2009, 11:58 AM
They have a plan...

t2sides has a brilliant futuret2sides has a brilliant futuret2sides has a brilliant futuret2sides has a brilliant futuret2sides has a brilliant futuret2sides has a brilliant futuret2sides has a brilliant futuret2sides has a brilliant futuret2sides has a brilliant futuret2sides has a brilliant futuret2sides has a brilliant future
Default WONDERFEST -Favorite Moments

Ryan (Belleauwood) and I got back to Denver last night. What a GREAT trip to WF this year!!!

Great meeting so many of you that I've not had a chance to in the past!!

Thought a thread of your 'favorite' WF moments would be a bit of fun, so here are mine:

6. Seeing the DISCO ENTERPRISE!! (wow, that thing would be a hit at any 80's party!)

5. Have you seen the Muffin Man? (Jeff (JTGraphics) hoarding corn muffins at a group dinner Sat. night, we're thinking of calling him MuffinManGraphics!)

4. YouTube videos (group of RI'ers hanging in a room, watching Robot Chicken, Star Wars kid, the guy that broke into the StarTrek set, etc...)

3. Hamby's Room - Seeing the goodness in that room, meeting Lasse, Mike and Jim, and geeks oogling over the TIE fighter and Lasse's scratch skills, just fantastic!!

2. Mike Salzo walking into the room with his GIGANTIC VIPER!!! (Elevating him to a god, and seeing TheCat and Mech The Monkey bow down to him on the balcony at the RI suite)!!

1. Sean C's hangover! (I'll spare the details, but many were witness to his piss drunk, funny ass antics, very few got to see the aftermath!)

OVERALL!! , Great time guys, Griff's suite was a blast, the serenade was awesome, meeting like a hundred people, just TONs o' Fun!

Here's a pic of Mike Salzo and his Mighty Amazing 1/12 Viper!! STUNNING.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg salzoviper.jpg (124.5 KB, 72 views)
Old 05-18-2009, 12:30 PM
Goldmember

R L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: WONDERFEST -Favorite Moments

Well... beyond the fact I'm more than impressed by Mike's viper... I did note something else... that if he shaved his face, he'd have more than a passing resemblance to a young John Colicos. There's a certain poetic justice in that!

Mike is one of the top-flight artists in the business today and I thoroughly enjoy every opportunity I have to build up his work. If there were a title 'Ultimate Viper', then his would be it. I can't wait to do at least one!
Old 05-18-2009, 12:33 PM
Cromulentum Perfectum

Sean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati God

Yeah, seeing Mike's monster viper was definitely a highlight. Also seeing Lasse's HUGE Vader TIE was incredible as well.

Mike Hamby's room was awesome. He knows how to do it. Finally meeting Mike was a pleasure.

My favourite overall time was hanging with Ryan in the bar at around 1am, which led to Sean's #1 above. Not to deprive anyone from just seeing the aftermath, I apparently made sure that others could hear it as well. Frakking Whitecastle.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:33 PM
Goldmember

R L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati God

I'm hoping this is the last time I miss a Wonderfest.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:31 PM

adama has a reputation beyond reputeadama has a reputation beyond reputeadama has a reputation beyond reputeadama has a reputation beyond reputeadama has a reputation beyond reputeadama has a reputation beyond reputeadama has a reputation beyond reputeadama has a reputation beyond reputeadama has a reputation beyond reputeadama has a reputation beyond reputeadama has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, at 4am I went to the bathroom, and heard what sounded like a waterfall next door... poor poor Sean. I knew it was you buddy, it sounded baaaad.

Fave moments for me include the gang's unity in the face of certain irrelevant anecdotes (and the near ninja-like maneuvers executed Saturday night - I have never seen some of you guys so besides yourself with rage, and I feel like we all went through an armed conflict together), chicken dinner with everyone on Saturday (those poor poor locals must have HATED us), getting my Lunadiver castings and seeing how gorgeous they are, a quiet but stellar dinner (best filet I had all month!) Sunday night with Kip and Jeff, talking with Pat McClung on Sunday about the Probe Droid pod (HE BUILT IT) and showing him photos I have from the production of Aliens that HE doesn't have "hey - where the heck did you get these?!" (lol), GREAT chats with Carson Dyle, but above all else, strengthening the friendships I already had and forging new ones with everyone - it was really a wonderful show filled with wonderful people, and I cannot wait to spend retarded amounts of money on shitty food again!

I will add the keen emptiness we all felt at the lack of a certain Gene's presence at many moments throughout the day. I had no idea what any of the gear in any of those pictures are called. We were LOST without him!

PS - muffins.

Old 05-18-2009, 04:40 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

A bunch of guys serenading Mrs. DasPhule with 'She's Lost That Lovin' Feelin' on the GriffSuite balcony.

I videoed that and I'll post it as soon as I recharge!

Also, a group below said balcony thought someone above them puked on 'rm.

Don't know how THAT happened.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:46 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

A favorite moment that I missed was when Griff told Jay that someone had broke his laser tank......
Old 05-18-2009, 07:32 PM
It's gonna get real now.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:48 PM
It's gonna get real now.

Jay points to proof that DartDuck at leas made a flyover:

Old 05-18-2009, 08:26 PM

GKvfx has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by adama View Post
Yeah, at 4am I went to the bathroom, and heard what sounded like a waterfall next door... poor poor Sean. I knew it was you buddy, it sounded baaaad.
Ahhh... then the spell I had one of the LA witch doctors put on you foul bunch got through..... Money well spent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adama View Post
.........I will add the keen emptiness we all felt at the lack of a certain Gene's presence at many moments throughout the day. I.........
Believe me guys, I really wanted to be there. As (bad) luck would have it, I had two very large fires to put out on Friday for LAND OF THE LOST. So, I guess it was a good thing (for them, not for me) that I stayed behind.

I do hope to be there next year..... with some buddies of mine.

Gene
Old 05-19-2009, 12:56 AM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
Jay points to proof that DartDuck at leas made a flyover:

That wouldn't even qualify as a SHART of mine! You'll know damn well when I do flyover!
Old 05-19-2009, 05:17 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

More pics dammit!

Mike, Oz
Old 05-19-2009, 07:27 PM
SUPATRPR"littering&..."

belleauwood has much to be proud ofbelleauwood has much to be proud ofbelleauwood has much to be proud ofbelleauwood has much to be proud ofbelleauwood has much to be proud ofbelleauwood has much to be proud ofbelleauwood has much to be proud ofbelleauwood has much to be proud ofbelleauwood has much to be proud ofbelleauwood has much to be proud ofbelleauwood has much to be proud of

LOL

Sean C might of just had flashbacks of the disco-prise! I know it made ME dizzy! Or I drunk his ass under the table, old school style!
Not sure which, but either way . . . damn good show.

Never enough time to get to hang with the people I wanted to, and it didn't help any that a certain someone was driving folks away in droves . . .

Good fest, too bad I can't get there next year (Mem weekend is no no for work, target 0 (No fatals) for that weekend, its like the MI, everyone works, no one gets off unless their in the hospital dead . . . ) But Dave said that its a once every 3 year thing, so 2011 for me . . .

Ryan
Old 05-19-2009, 07:59 PM
Cromulentum Perfectum

Sean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by belleauwood View Post
Or I drunk his ass under the table, old school style!
IF I was under the table, it is because I thought it would be a nice place to sit.

Oh hell, who am I kidding. Never, in all my "career," spanning all the way back to Gr. 10, have I ever seen anybody chug scotch from the bottle. Never.

Then he goes and does it again as I'm squeezing the last drops of rye from my bottle.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:52 PM
SUPATRPR"littering&..."

belleauwood has much to be proud ofbelleauwood has much to be proud ofbelleauwood has much to be proud ofbelleauwood has much to be proud ofbelleauwood has much to be proud ofbelleauwood has much to be proud ofbelleauwood has much to be proud ofbelleauwood has much to be proud ofbelleauwood has much to be proud ofbelleauwood has much to be proud ofbelleauwood has much to be proud of

Hey, even Troopers get thirsty! And you forgot, I WAS a drunken sailor for my COLLEGE, so . . . it was like old home day for me! LOL!

Truth be told, I haven't done that in a long, long time, good to see some skills are like riding a bike! Its nice to be "on vacation", no work, no wife, no car, no gun . . . when you can get kinda crazy and not worry about getting into TOO much trouble . . .

Was great to see a bunch of faces to go with user ID's, gonna me me laugh a bit more often when I read posts . . .

Wish I'd have a camera for some of it . . . I can't wait to see some of the videos and pics!

Ryan