Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 10-07-2020, 09:04 AM

Bridger is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Zvezda Star Destroyer - a new detailing project

Beautiful!

One question do you have from time to time the urge to murder someone because I think I would.
Old 10-07-2020, 11:26 PM

Madhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to behold

LMFAO!!! I almost bought a tee-shirt to wear at the office once which says "some people are only alive to day coz its illegal to kill" but thought the better of it
Not sure I want to know, but what made you ask that?
Old 10-08-2020, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter View Post
Not sure I want to know, but what made you ask that?
No I was just asking because I think after an hour doing the work you do I would need a break, after two a drink anf after three....
Old 10-16-2020, 12:49 AM

Madhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to behold

LOL - I need to take a fair few breaks to. I avoid drinking whilst building as it impairs my scale judgement too much

Update coming soon
Old 10-16-2020, 03:00 AM

While I am not the biggest Star Wars fan your build is rely triggering me to build a Star Destroyer.
Old 10-16-2020, 06:28 AM

It's funny how other peoples builds can trigger an interest in a subject that previously held no sway. I was never a Trek fan but Admiral Buck's Endurance really sparked a new interest in things Star Trek - well, more the ships than the show and as a result, I bought an Enterprise E for myself. Yeah, I know they aren't the same ship, but I liked the sleek design of the E compared to the clunky 'classic' Enterprise.

I am also contemplating buying the Klingon T'Kinga battleship/cruiser (?) I know nothing about it and to be honest, I don't really care either , but all I see is a great opportunity to add some detail to it and make it my own.

I know that's sacrilege for some trekkers but then, so is what I'm doing to the SD for SW fans
Old 10-16-2020, 10:29 AM

Indeed, it's your model in your world and you can do with it whatever you want to do that makes you happy.

Last edited by Bridger; 10-16-2020 at 10:29 AM.
Old 10-26-2020, 09:43 PM

I was lucky to get some free time this afternoon, so I took some pictures of where I am currently up to

I have been working on this as well as the Batmobile and have actually got quite a bit done. I have cemented my base plans and I'll show you a picture later on of what I have in mind. So, I have been casting multiple copies of my very expensive 3D printed DS tile ready to layout on the sheet and that has consumed a fair amount of time so far, but TBH, it's not hard to mix up a batch of resin and make a copy while waiting for the spuds to cook or what have you.

The surface detailing is coming along nicely. The main concentrations have been finished and now its just time to fill it out and then crack on with the side walls (what I have also started but not got very far with)

And this is rough layout of how the base is going to go:

Well, that's it for this update, but the next one will likely be the completion of the lower hull and more work on the base

As always, thanks for continually coming in here and having a look

Si
Old 10-27-2020, 04:19 PM

srspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant future

Great idea on the base!
Old 11-09-2020, 12:13 AM

thanks Scott

Hi everyone

Thought I would update this quickly while I had some spare time. As I have said previously, I have made a good start on the base. Most of my time has been spent making casts but I have actually cemented stuff together. The main service trench has been made and I am now making the lower level details. I've tried to make it look under construction but I think I may have made it also look like it's destroyed. Not sure which yet.naturally, there will be some lighting in amongst all this to give it more life.

I've quite enjoying making the base so far and if it goes like what's in my head, then this will be awesome. Maybe even better than the ship? Too early to say but here's where I am at currently:

Well, that's it for now but once I'll update again once I have something worthwhile showing

As always, thanks for stopping by and having a look

Si
Old 11-09-2020, 09:27 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

"...once I have something worthwhile..."

That already looks well worth the while. Keep it coming.

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 11-15-2020, 11:48 PM

Thought I would show you where I'm heading with this. Got some good basic structure work done and am now working on the larger details before moving in to do the finer stuff. There are some casting holes here and there and will need covering etc which will be done with details. Most of this will unlikely to be seen but it's better to be safe than sorry and have visibly empty spots of nothing

Anyways, that's it for now, but thanks for looking

Si
Old 11-16-2020, 03:34 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

That's bloody outstanding mate! I have always taken the view that a base should compliment the model, this will do exactly that and with style. Carry on!
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 11-18-2020, 01:50 AM

thanks for the kind post Raytheon - I really appreciate it
The build is on hold for a minute or so while I wait for more resin to arrive, but it's looking really good so far. I've sanded, thinned down and glued in place maybe 40 or more tiles to the surface plate. The side walls have all been cut and marked out ready for the nest layer which I will cast when the resin arrives. I also have to make another 30 tiles or so to cover the rest of the surface with the new resin.
There are some gaps to fill etc and I will add further detail here and there as it'll also act as a cover up on a few bits
got to go but thanks again!
Old 11-20-2020, 07:46 AM

srspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant future