Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Military Models

Military Models Finished Military Models

Old 05-05-2020, 07:25 AM

Madhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to behold
Default World Of Warships Tier 7 Richelieu in Type 3 Camo

Hi guys

As some of you know, I am a massive WOW fan, and I had built a 1/570 Scharnhorst for my friend who is also an avid player. I had a blast making it, so decided that I'd build a ship for myself. I bought the Flyhawk Konigsberg as well as this, the Trumpeter 1/700 Richelieu. In the game (XB-1 / PS-4) this is the top tier French Battleship (alongside the Jean Bart) and I love it. It's fast and maneuverable for a battleship and it just has that French beauty to it with its raked funnel and those awesome secondary batteries on the rear end.

I used the Flyhawk PE set and the Artwox Wooden deck set. I think PE is wasted on me really. I'm not that good with it, which some of you may find surprising given the small nature of my other stuff, but PE is a very different animal to styrene.
At any rate, it looks like the ship from the game, so that's all that really matters to me there

The stand was just an exercise on rusting effects. I cut notes out of the top bits to try and make them look like hard rubber.

Suppose I'd better go back to the SD but I am going to finish off the Konigsberg first. Besides, I don't have enough bench space with me working from home now. My work stuff takes up the rest of the space
Anyways, thanks for stopping in and having a look
Si

Last edited by Madhatter; 05-05-2020 at 09:50 PM.
Old 05-07-2020, 10:38 PM

TazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really nice
Default Re: World Of Warships Tier 7 Richelieu in Type 3 Camo

Outstanding detailing and paintjob.

TazMan2000
Old 05-25-2020, 04:23 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Real nice work on her! Very cool.

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 05-29-2020, 01:34 AM

Madhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to behold

Thanks guys, it was a fun break from the star destroyer, but alas, its now back to eye watering detailing
Old 06-04-2020, 05:00 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Amazing! (I would expect no less) I had no idea the Scharnhorst had such a colorful and beautiful dazzle paint design. What was your method of masking the pattern?
Old 06-04-2020, 10:20 PM

Thanks mate! Its actually the Richelieu (French) although I did build s Scharnhorst recently for a mate
As for the masking, I took screen shots of the ship on my phone from the game and then masked one whole side of the ship and cut out the profile. Then, i took the tape off and stuck it to the phone screen and zoomed in until the profiles matched and then drew out the pattern. Once done, stuck the tape back on the ship and cut all the segments out, removing only the required colours as needed. Convoluted for sure, but it gave me a more accurate camo pattern than doing it by eyesight alone!

Last edited by Madhatter; 06-04-2020 at 10:21 PM.
Old 06-05-2020, 05:56 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Oh, Duh! My reading comprehension is quickly dissipating. I was so enthralled by the images, I completely skipped the French flag.

Well done and brilliant idea with using your phone screen as a masking template!
Old 06-12-2020, 12:05 AM

LOL - no worries. I usually skip past the writing to look at the pics first - then go back and read the post in full. Depends on who's writing I guess
Old 11-02-2020, 08:49 PM

srspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant future

Gorgeous work, well done!