Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 02-07-2019, 08:30 AM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future
Default Re: Zvezda Star Destroyer - a new detailing project

With your work they could use this as a filming model for a prequel.

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 02-08-2019, 01:52 PM

dtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud of

Fantastic detailing so far. You should be very proud of your build.
Old 02-14-2019, 01:33 AM

Madhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to behold

thanks guys - and sorry for the lack of updates. I've been busy with other projects. I also needed a break from it but I will be going back to it soon

Thanks again for the kind posts
Si
Old 06-17-2019, 06:12 AM

Madhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to behold

Hey guys
It's been a while since I last touched this but after numerous side projects (some successful some....not so much) I figure it was about time to get this going again and maybe even finish it this year - although being over half way through I doubt it. I'd just like to finish it all together really..

So, I have finished detailing the hangar bay and it is currently drying off the black base coat ready for the light strips to be attached. I am waiting on 2 new ones as I screwed up the first set by cutting it in the wrong place. I had the right number of LEDs for the amount of holes but the strip requires another 2 at the end for it to work properly, so the last 2 LEDs didn't light up. Good thing they're cheap! I'll have to black out the last 2 LEDs once I install the new set.
As you can also see, there is a lot of artistic license going into this. None of this stuff is on the filming model but then I am building this for me and not a paying person so it's kind of irrelevant really

The TIE hangar is installed and it actually works. Just need to tidy a few things up and then that's done.

I had made a start on the side walls in Jan before I lost patience with it and they haven't moved since these pics were done

I also painted (badly) the Blockade runner. This will need a lot of touching up before I'm happy with it

Still a long way to go yet but hopefully I can keep up some momentum and get something done. I was looking at the photos I took of the Super Star destroyer and started to drool at the thought of starting it. Then I remembered it's resin and there is a fair amount of work to do on it and the drool dried up pretty quickly, but I will start it hopefully once this one's done - if I haven't over detailed myself out by then.
Anyway, that's all I have for now but thanks for sticking around and having a look-see
Cheers
Si
Old 06-17-2019, 07:01 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Totally bonkers how good this is all coming along.
Is the Tantive from ShapeWays? If so, have you considered lighting it?

Best-
-SF
Old 06-17-2019, 08:02 AM

sadly no - it's the one from the Falcon set. I should've gotten the Shapeways one as it's clear and able to be lit but alas I shall have to make do with this one. I say make so only because I can't light it. I love the detail it has though with the gun barrels and so on
Old 06-17-2019, 04:20 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

That hangar bay looks so good, who cares for accuracy!? Lovely work.

Old 06-23-2019, 09:07 PM

Continuing along now with the painting and installation of the main hangar bay. It's been drilled out in places for lights and I'm waiting on delivery of my LED tape

I've also started on the top layer of the superstructure - or wedding cake as it has been referred to by others.

Test fitting of the neck shows there could be some issues ahead, but nothing insurmountable

Anyway, that's the end of this update but I will post more pics soon enough

Thanks for looking

Si
Old 07-02-2019, 01:00 AM

Got more work done with the top layer 3/4 finished. I still have more surfacing to do but I'm hoping to knock out a fair bit tonight (if World of Warships doesn't interrupt me)
I won't go to crazy on the roof though but you can see a clear difference between the kit surface and mine. Some might say that's not a good thing but I like it. Besides, once the paint goes on the busyness will disappear. I've glued on the sidewalls and then will drill out the remaining windows. The roof is just sitting on there until I have threaded through the fibers - a task I am not looking forward to.

I still have to drill out that center bit on the nose of the lower layer. I'll run some piping into it to make it more interesting.
That's all I have but thanks for looking
Si
Old 07-02-2019, 06:19 AM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of

Holy shit. Excellent work here, sir.
Old 07-02-2019, 12:58 PM

There's dedication, and then there is DEDICATION! That is a fair bit of tiny work going on.

Old 07-04-2019, 01:24 AM

Thanks guys
I'm hoping to install the hangar bay lighting this weekend so will have some pics of that soon. I'm also almost finished detailing the sides, then it's the roof, so once it's all done, I'll take some more pics then.
Old 07-07-2019, 04:43 AM

Hi again

Thought I'd share some pics of the successful lighting test of the hangar bay. I'm very happy with how it's come out. The light's aren't too strong which is good.

Not far from finishing the top section. The windows have all been drilled out and is now ready for the fun task of installing the fiber. Joy

Thanks for looking
Old 07-07-2019, 08:10 AM

Love those lit hangers. Very nice, especially the play with the shadows and the little red spots.

Old 07-08-2019, 11:57 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Gorgeous work!