Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 07-09-2019, 08:07 PM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of
Default Re: Zvezda Star Destroyer - a new detailing project

Glorious work MH! There is so much eye candy and details, my eyes hurt!
Old 07-15-2019, 10:25 PM

Madhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to behold

So, here I am with another update.
The roof is finished - or finished enough for now. It's looking pretty good to me. It's hard trying to keep it all in scale but I think I am doing alright.
A test fit of the bridge and neck was okay but I had to remove some stuff off the back left sidewall to allow the neck to slide all the way in. The fit is not the best - I'll be honest, I'm not sure if it's all me, or part me and part kit or just the kit itself. Either way, I'll have to think carefully about how the final construction is going to go.

Well, that's me done for another couple of weeks I think. I'll be making a start on the lower level sidewalls tonight hopefully, then the main body which will be very time consuming I think.
Till then
Adios amigos

Si
Old 07-16-2019, 12:00 AM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of

That, there,... is simply glorious. Well done.
Old 07-16-2019, 07:29 AM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

It all looks in-scale from here. Beautiful job.

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 08-06-2019, 06:58 PM

Madhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to behold

thanks very much guys

Hi guys
Well, it's been 3 weeks and I've done 5/8ths of bugger all. I have made a start on the back end of the top hull plate which you'll see in a sec. I've not really touched it in this time as I have been building a Tarangus Viggen but that's stalled because I just can't bring myself to do the complex paint job.
I have however think I have settled on a suitable base. It's also going to take some work but it'll be worth it. I just can't bring myself to do all this work on this and cheap out on the base. I certainly won't be making the same mistake as the Venator.

[

I was blabbing on about some small side hangars in one of my last posts somewhere. I don;t think they exist on the filming model but I can safely say I think we're well past that....

You can see why I would think to have them though - those spaces look like they're meant to be like this, although I am wondering how much artistic license Zvezda used when tooling this kit

Sorry to say but this is all I have for you.
Till next time
Happy modelling and thanks for looking in
Si

Last edited by Madhatter; 08-08-2019 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Replaced doubled up photo
Old 08-06-2019, 10:54 PM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of

Looks great!
Old 08-07-2019, 06:40 AM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

'...all I have for you...' is just incredible!

Like the idea of the side bays. They do look like they should be there.

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 08-07-2019, 08:00 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Incredible details! I can look at these pics for hours.
Old 08-07-2019, 04:14 PM

aptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant future

Wow. That's insane, I say in a great way!
Old 08-09-2019, 05:20 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

This is starting to get in to modeling territory that i've never trod and don't think I ever could. This isn't raising the bar on micro detailing, it's strapping the bar to a rocket and sending the bugger in to orbit! Truly superb work Si !
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 08-09-2019, 05:48 AM

thanks guys - I appreciate the kind posts.
Hopefully, I'll up date this again very soon as I have got through a fair bit over the past couple of days
Old 08-11-2019, 07:34 AM

hi guys
Well, time for another update. Not sure how many more I'll do for a while as I may take a break from this, but not just yet.
I keep looking at how much I've done versus how much is left to do and I start shaking inwardly. Definitely a long term build.

As you can see, I have made a start on the port side. I've installed the mini hangars and they look alright. I tried to dial down the brightness but may need to do more.

And something I haven't shown you yet - a lighting test of the rear engines:

Well, that's it for now but as always, thanks for sticking around and having a look
Till next time
Si
Old 08-20-2019, 04:26 AM

Hi guys

It's that time of the fortnight again - yup: update time!
I've been plugging away at yet more side walls and naturally, there is still a heap more to do yet. I did say this will be a loooooong build (ticked over the one year mark already with so much more to do). I sometimes wonder why I do this to myself but for the rest of the time, I love it
I have to remind myself that I still have the other side to do yet as well as the bottom and then the sidewalls. Maybe by 2021 it'll be done.....

As you can see, I still need to add some details to the hull to tie in the sidewalls but that'll happen soon enough.
Anyway, that's all I have for now but I will be back again once I have done something worth showing
Thanks for looking and if you have any suggestions for details etc, I'm open to them
Cheers
Si
Old 08-20-2019, 07:02 AM
All ahead full

Just mind-numbing detail! Incredible. Are you adding the extra bits of detailing based on reference images or just your idea of needing more texture? Love the engine lighting as well - how are you doing that?
Old 08-20-2019, 07:22 AM

Nah, no references - as you say, just what I feel like should be textured. It's far from movie prop accurate but I'm not trying to replicate one either!

The last thing I wanted was to be able to see the shiny end of an LED when you look in the engines. I had some spare clear sheet so I sprayed on some matte clear and punched out some discs. Much better I reckon. Although I am going to be sanding the internal LED's as per your idea. I really like that