Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 05-25-2021, 02:09 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future
Default Re: Zvezda Star Destroyer - a new detailing project

As always, you're attention to the little details, and in the process making them so BIG, is riveting.

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/

Last edited by Tiberious; 05-25-2021 at 02:09 PM.
Old 06-04-2021, 09:33 PM

Madhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to behold

sorry for the late reply guys but thank you both for the kind pots
This has been on hold for a couple of weeks as I had to finish off a couple of other things but it's back to the work bench I go! So close to finishing the detailing I can smell it

In other items what has happened here in RI? Its so quiet of late

Last edited by Madhatter; 06-04-2021 at 09:33 PM.
Old 06-05-2021, 03:01 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

No worries MH and stirling work as always mate!

RI has been getting more quiet over quite a few years. I noticed the steady fall off myself, especially since the Facebook part of RI got in to it but that's how it goes.
A lot of the boards I am a member of/lurker at seem to be in the same situation. Nature of the beast and times change even though I sort of miss the lively place this used to be.
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?

Last edited by Raytheon; 06-05-2021 at 03:03 AM.
Old 06-05-2021, 11:47 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

True.
I lurk on the FB page, but I comment as often as possible here.
I wish we could get the crowd to post here first -- I've no interest in starting a FB page...
-SF
Old 06-05-2021, 08:22 PM

Madhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to behold

ah OK - well, like you guys, I am not a FB user. At least there are a few of us old schoolers left here. TBH I didn't even think of FB as a reason for the drop in activity but it makes sense
Makes you wonder then how much more life is left in this forum before the owners decide to shut it down completely - which would be a monumental shame. I do miss the amazing threads by Hacker and others which used to be here.
Old 10-03-2021, 10:46 PM

Hi Everyone

Well, its been a few months since I last updated this thread with some progress. I hope some interest is still there - understandable if its waned significantly though. It has been a while

However, over the past couple of weeks, I've recommenced work on it and am happy to report that 99% of the detailing is now done. I still need to add a couple of bits here and there to the upper lip of the side trenches and install some flood lights but overall, it's ready to start drilling out the sidewalls for the fibers. I'm going to paint first then add the fibers as I want as close to the surface mating as possible and I won't be able to do that in these fine recessed spaces if I fiber then paint.

I have sighted a couple of spaces that I missed in that rear left wall so I shall remedy that tonight that you probably wouldn't really notice - but I will

https://flic.kr/p/2mxdobi

https://flic.kr/p/2mxaT5L

https://flic.kr/p/2mxdo7k

https://flic.kr/p/2mx5ynK

I only took a few pics, so that's it for now. All being well, the next update should be the final floodlights and trench details and I daresay the last time you'll see it with no paint on
As always, thanks for stopping by and having a look and sorry again for the delay in progress

Si
Old 10-05-2021, 04:39 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Not a worry MH, stirling work as always and fret thee not about the lack of progress updates. We all go through that I am certain.
Kepp on going mate, she's a majorly serious piece of work right now and going to be many fold that when done
Does that count?
Old 10-07-2021, 06:42 PM

Thanks Ian! I'm glad to see there is still some interest in this build even after all this time
I black based the roof panels the other day and the results are fantastic IMO. The busyness has gone and it looks so much more balanced with paint on
I foresee the use of a lot of masking tape in my immediate future
Old 10-07-2021, 10:52 PM

I had some free time this afternoon so I took a picture of the rook panels under the black base coat. Excuse the dust that seems to have settled on all of the pieces. I have no idea when or how it got there but the damp brush will be coming out after I've finished posting to clean them all up before the first splash of grey goes on

Anyways, that's it for now but thanks for stopping in and having a look
Til next time
Si

Last edited by Madhatter; 10-07-2021 at 10:53 PM.
Old 10-08-2021, 02:10 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Yep, that's the stuff right there!
Does that count?
Old 10-10-2021, 11:23 PM

thanks bud
I got some good progress done last night and should hopefully have the flood lights done by tonight.
Old 10-11-2021, 01:24 PM

TazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really nice

Just incredible.

TazMan2000
Old 10-13-2021, 10:05 PM

thanks Tazman!

Some people have been wondering what kind of approach I'll be taking to painting, so for those who wanted to know, I took a couple of pics which should help answer it. I'm going to spare everyone the boredom of taking shots at every stage and just show you the first one. You'll get the idea from that. Needless to say, the painting process might take longer than first thought.

As this is as exciting as it gets, the next update should see these panels finished - or very close to it. It's going to be a lot of fine masking which I hope actually works. These photos also help me to remember where I placed all the masks.....

As always, thanks for stopping in and having a look

Si