Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Figures

Figures Finished figure models

Old 09-27-2010, 01:57 PM

sivousplay is a jewel in the roughsivousplay is a jewel in the roughsivousplay is a jewel in the roughsivousplay is a jewel in the roughsivousplay is a jewel in the roughsivousplay is a jewel in the roughsivousplay is a jewel in the rough
Default Alien Pile (kit) paint-up

I thought I'd share my latest work ... it's the original kit-version of FEWTURE's Alien Pile. It's hand-painted w/ acrylics and inks. The main alien has a clear dome and I tried to very carefully use some inks to shade his dome to give the same look as the other non-clear domes yet still retain the clarity so that the detail beneath could be seen.

I hope you like it. If you'd like to see more pictures at my site, you can head to:

http://sivousplay.com/index.html

Please note, there are some kit images on my site of not totally clad females.

jim

Attached Images
File Type: jpg _MG_8574.jpg (402.9 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by sivousplay; 09-27-2010 at 02:05 PM.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:50 PM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Alien Pile (kit) paint-up

Fantastic work Jim! The colours and finish are spot on. That is an incredible kit- wow!

Mike
Old 09-28-2010, 09:52 AM

sivousplay is a jewel in the roughsivousplay is a jewel in the roughsivousplay is a jewel in the roughsivousplay is a jewel in the roughsivousplay is a jewel in the roughsivousplay is a jewel in the roughsivousplay is a jewel in the rough

thanks a bunch Mike ... I really appreciate the kind words about my work.
jim
Old 09-28-2010, 02:43 PM
suki5150

suki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of All

That is brilliant.

I echo Mikes comments of the colour and texture.

Brilliant work.

Cheers,
Chris.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:52 PM

PetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant future

Wow, fantastic paintwork there. But the photography as well has captured the 'look' perfectly. Very atmospheric and menacing.
I look forwards to seeing more work on the rest of your site!
Old 09-28-2010, 02:52 PM
One-trek Mind

Trekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati God

This is very well done... so... lifelike!

"I'm afraid the guilty party is in for a very severe punishment."
Old 09-28-2010, 11:15 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

THIS is BEAUTIFUL!!! DUUUUUUUUUDE!

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 09-29-2010, 03:31 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

They look so...slimy! It looks like you used metallic paint to get that sheen, but you say hand painted with acrylic and ink? Again, great job.

BTW, we're not offended by scantily-clad females around here.

Mike
Old 09-29-2010, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastBattlestar View Post
They look so...slimy! It looks like you used metallic paint to get that sheen, but you say hand painted with acrylic and ink? Again, great job.

BTW, we're not offended by scantily-clad females around here.

Mike
Thanks Mike ... when I post at a place for the first time, I try to be careful w/ links to my girl kits.

About the domes ... here's a rough step-by-step ... I'm pretty organic when I paint and since this was the first time I'd ever painted an alien, there may be a more direct path to the result I achieved, but this is how I remember it:
1). prime white (krylon always works for me)
2). wash of burnt umber on the entire piece (milky consistency)
3). wash of black on the entire piece (slightly less than milky)
4). very careful "polishing" ... sort of a drybrush, but w/ a very tiny amount of paint and a large soft brush w/ Silvergrey ... which is a vallejo model colour paint that sorta looks like the color of a traditional trench coat .... sorta silver-grey ... imagine that
5). thin glazes of blue and sepia ink to darken the sides of the dome ... some sheen starts to appear (thicker than cool-aid but pretty thin)
6). now some wet-blending ... very thin application of a silvergrey stripe right down the center and a blue-ink-black around the edges all at once ... this allows the light color and the dark to blend seamlessly but you have to be careful and use a soft, dry brush to dab at the boundary to keep it uniform. this got the light/dark ratio the way i wanted it, but it was a little too blue. so ...
7). a thin glaze of sepia ink to get it to be greener. now the coloring is done and the sheen is close.
8). a couple thin glazes of future floor wax and water to get it to really pop and we're done.

sorry if it doesn't all make sense. I don't think I paint like most people ... the first stuff I ever painted in my life was watercolors and I learned to use thin paint to get the effects I like and I've applied that to miniatures and kits and just think of the piece as three-dimensional watercolor paper.

thanks again for the kind words.
jim
Old 09-29-2010, 09:28 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

I will say i'm not a Alien (as in the creature) fan as such but top class paintwork and finish is always nice to see and i'm seeing it on this piece and bloody then some!

Also have to say in ref to your site, the Dark Elf Queen.
Absolutely bloody love that one!
I've seen them done by others but i'll make no apologies to others when I say that your one captures artistic display, beauty, elegance and sexy all in package with the style and colours used.

Quality of the kits aside, it's all in the finishing and you sir, have nailed it a good 'un way better than I reckon I could.
Splendidly done on all counts.

And i'll echo what Mike said about the scantily-clad females

*EDIT*
Sorry but neglected to say welcome aboard
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?

Last edited by Raytheon; 09-29-2010 at 12:53 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:28 AM

Thanks a bunch ... I'll be sure to post pics of all my stuff as I finish it ... when I first came upon this site, it seemed more geared towards sci-fi and spaceships and was a little concerned that even my alien pile was out of place.

jim