Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Figures

Figures Finished figure models

Old 11-11-2010, 08:47 PM
Falconer

Paul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond repute
Default Moebius MOTM Creature from the Black Lagoon

Well after 40 years we get to build this Creecher once again!

It's a $30 and that's a bargain considering a mint original will run $450 and up. I like the castings, very clean except for the edges of the base and the chest plates. I sanded with 400 grit and polished with wet sand 1200. It looks like slight flaws in the new molds. Considering I have an original, it does not bear these flaws. The Chest plates also needed some polishing as well as the clap board.

They quickly filled in the mouth, I used a dremel tool to clean out the mouth as the original was hollow with an insert.

Moebius included four different base decals and I went with the classic, except in color. On the original you cut the logo from the instruction sheet, so this is a vast improvement.

I started with Sublime Green and weathered him down with airbrush and MIG washes. He's on my desk and my all time favorite kit!

Thanks for looking,

Paul
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lagoon1.jpg (128.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg lagoon1a.jpg (138.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg lagoon1b.jpg (149.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg lagoon1c.jpg (85.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg lagoon1d.jpg (115.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg lagoon1e.jpg (92.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg lagoon1f.jpg (181.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg lagoon1g.jpg (133.5 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg lagoon1h.jpg (81.8 KB, 7 views)
Old 11-11-2010, 09:57 PM

OKCmike is just really niceOKCmike is just really niceOKCmike is just really niceOKCmike is just really niceOKCmike is just really niceOKCmike is just really niceOKCmike is just really niceOKCmike is just really niceOKCmike is just really nice
Default Re: Moebius MOTM Creature from the Black Lagoon

Nice job man! The eyes really pop on him.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:36 AM

clactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Moebius MOTM Creature from the Black Lagoon

That is a great job on the paintwork. I know what you mean about it being a favourite kit of the subject, the pose of the creature in this kit is just right and you have done a great build up!

Clactonite