Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > Product Reviews

Product Reviews Got a new kit, aftermarket accessory, or anything else modeling-related? Give us a review of it in this section. We need to hear the good and the bad. Please back up what you're saying with with photos (in cases of poor quality) or references (in cases of inaccuracies).

Old 11-05-2015, 07:38 PM
Lurker

Trekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant future
Default Stapelton Productions Phaser II (cobrahead)

I picked this kit up to match the Tricorder I built last year. The kit is nicely cast and assembly will be a breeze.

Old 02-05-2016, 05:27 AM
Lurker

Trekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant future
Default Re: Stapelton Productions Phaser II (cobrahead)

Today I completed work on the Phaser II. WHAT A GREAT KIT! The kit is very nice. I really liked that the rubber grips were separate parts. It practically falls together! I wanted a phaser to match my Tricorder and I got one. The additional electronics kit is very nice. It is from GM Props. The sound is a bit muffled being inside the resin. But the lights add so much to the prop. The only possible bad news is that I may have to buy more of these kits because I enjoy building them so much! Here are pictures of the completed prop.

Last edited by Trekmanscott, M,Ed.; 02-05-2016 at 01:44 PM.
Old 02-05-2016, 05:39 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

That looks great!

A few questions -

1. What colors did you use on it?
2. I have his Dustbuster and gmprops' electronics for it. What tips do you have for installing them?
3. What kind of power source are you using?
Old 02-05-2016, 06:11 AM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
That looks great!

A few questions -

1. What colors did you use on it?
2. I have his Dustbuster and gmprops' electronics for it. What tips do you have for installing them?
3. What kind of power source are you using?
Thank you, I am very happy with how it came out.

1. I used a Duplicolor rattle can It's GM silver, (I can get the exact color when I get home) I used the same color on my Tricorder. And I have enough for the cricket phaser

2. The gm props lighting kit for this phaser was very simple to install. I just dropped it into the phaser, checked the alignment on the power level window and then I hot glued everything into place. It could not have been easier. I did add hot glue a couple of times to ensure that I had a good strong hold.

3. I am using the rechargeable power source that came with the GM props lighting kit
Old 02-05-2016, 06:38 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekmanscott, M,Ed. View Post
3. I am using the rechargeable power source that came with the GM props lighting kit

Okay - good - I have the same thing. What are you using for a charger?
Old 02-05-2016, 07:15 AM
Lurker

I will use the charger that came with my tricorder kit. But I'm pretty sure any cell phone charger will work
Old 02-05-2016, 07:36 AM
It's gonna get real now.

How did you wire it up?

(there aren't any instructions, and the plug doesn't fit any charger I've ever seen)
Old 02-05-2016, 09:35 AM
Lurker

That's odd, My kit came with a USB charging cord. It plugs right into the effects chip. I did zero wiring.

Last edited by Trekmanscott, M,Ed.; 02-05-2016 at 09:35 AM.