Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Finished Sci-Fi and Fantasy projects

Old 09-10-2013, 08:18 PM

ego1138 is a name known to allego1138 is a name known to allego1138 is a name known to allego1138 is a name known to allego1138 is a name known to allego1138 is a name known to allego1138 is a name known to allego1138 is a name known to allego1138 is a name known to allego1138 is a name known to allego1138 is a name known to all
Default Fine Molds 1/48 Snowspeeder

Wow . . . my first ever "completed" model for RI.

Not sure what to say . . . small model . . . thing is maybe 5 inches when complete. I'm reasonably happy with how it turned out. Tried a lot of things I'd never tried before . . . salt weathering, some different weathering and streaking techniques. And I'm happy I did, and learned them. Now I know how to use them better for next time.

About my only complaint (besides noticing 2 seam lines WAY too late to be bothered fixing), is that I think i weathered it TOO much. But again, this was more for learning than anything.

Comments and especially criticisms are welcomed by this newbie!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9440.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	2.68 MB
ID:	65790  
Old 09-10-2013, 09:11 PM
Shit got real.

HWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Fine Molds 1/48 Snowspeeder

That is in no way overweathered. It may not match the originals weathering but itis not overdone or out of scale. Good work!
Old 09-11-2013, 08:03 AM

ego1138 is a name known to allego1138 is a name known to allego1138 is a name known to allego1138 is a name known to allego1138 is a name known to allego1138 is a name known to allego1138 is a name known to allego1138 is a name known to allego1138 is a name known to allego1138 is a name known to allego1138 is a name known to all

Well thank you . . . . it was a really fun build. Good confidence builder, given how small and quick it was to build. If it wasn't for my own shitty work ethic, this thing could have easily been finished in a weekend.

And LOVE the engineering. Shy of the air brakes, the fit of the pieces is so tight, you could EASILY assemble it without a drop of glue.

Fun build.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:22 AM

jake88 is a glorious beacon of lightjake88 is a glorious beacon of lightjake88 is a glorious beacon of lightjake88 is a glorious beacon of lightjake88 is a glorious beacon of lightjake88 is a glorious beacon of lightjake88 is a glorious beacon of lightjake88 is a glorious beacon of lightjake88 is a glorious beacon of lightjake88 is a glorious beacon of lightjake88 is a glorious beacon of light

Great weathering! Snow speeders look best when they are war torn and ragged. Paint chipping looks nice and I especially like the back exhaust grill metalized look!
Old 09-14-2013, 04:06 PM

nicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud of

Nice job man! I wouldn't say overdone either...heavy but not overdone. Those speeders must have gone through all types of shit-snow-storms and such. Kudos.
Old 09-14-2013, 07:54 PM

Thanks guys. Well, its still heavier than I wanted it to be from the outset. But yeah, for some reason I always imagined that the snow speeders were the ones that took the heaviest beatings. Guess just the rougher environment, the temperature changes, and doing most of their work in the atmosphere . . . so was looking to weather it good.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:16 AM
Super Sniper Ninja Commando

Ryan has much to be proud ofRyan has much to be proud ofRyan has much to be proud ofRyan has much to be proud ofRyan has much to be proud ofRyan has much to be proud ofRyan has much to be proud ofRyan has much to be proud ofRyan has much to be proud ofRyan has much to be proud ofRyan has much to be proud of

Nice! Great job, and I reiterate - good weathering - these things were beat to hell
Old 09-20-2013, 06:54 PM

srspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant future

Ditto what jake88 said! Well done.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:19 PM

Nostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant future

I like the fact that you ventured into different techniques. Its what myself always do and yes each time we learn to do it a little differently. The colors went perfectly with the look. The damages can be finer and you know how plus the variance are working out, well distributed. Good job!
Old 02-24-2014, 01:11 PM

Thank you kindly.

Will take what I've learned on this one, and apply it to the Y-Wing which should be arriving any day now . . . . and then . . . on to the Millennium Falcon!