Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Finished Sci-Fi and Fantasy projects

Old 03-01-2014, 04:20 AM

Rhaven Blaack will become famous soon enoughRhaven Blaack will become famous soon enough
Default "Happy Birthday Buck" Thunder Fighter

A few years back, I assisted a designer to make add-on parts for the paper model of the Buck Rogers Thunder Fighter So that you can make all of three different variants (to include the David Jones Concept Thunder Fighter and a fan based forward swept wing version that I created) which can be found here: http://www.paperaviation.de/Thunderf...erfighter.html
Now this is the "HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUCK" Thunder Fighter (with cockpit interior and landing gear)
(*NOTE* I know that the cockpit is not canon, but I (and the designer that I work with) am working on a updated cockpit interior that is more canon.)
Here are the photos:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0713.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	623.2 KB
ID:	68513 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0712.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	890.5 KB
ID:	68514 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0711.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	692.1 KB
ID:	68515 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0710.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	577.3 KB
ID:	68516 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0709.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	808.9 KB
ID:	68517 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0708.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	768.7 KB
ID:	68518 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0707.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	991.2 KB
ID:	68519 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0706.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	675.7 KB
ID:	68520

As you can see by the photos, the canopy does slide and I have added a GREAT DEAL MORE DETAIL than what comes with the original kits.

ENJOY!!!
Old 03-01-2014, 05:50 AM

U-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: "Happy Birthday Buck" Thunder Fighter

All that detail,and....a sliding canopy,with a detailed cockpit too!!

Great work!!
Old 03-01-2014, 05:13 PM

jake88 is a glorious beacon of lightjake88 is a glorious beacon of lightjake88 is a glorious beacon of lightjake88 is a glorious beacon of lightjake88 is a glorious beacon of lightjake88 is a glorious beacon of lightjake88 is a glorious beacon of lightjake88 is a glorious beacon of lightjake88 is a glorious beacon of lightjake88 is a glorious beacon of lightjake88 is a glorious beacon of light

WoW! COOL!
Old 03-01-2014, 05:50 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

That is just plain awesome!!!!! I LOVE IT!
Old 03-02-2014, 06:19 AM

Del is a jewel in the roughDel is a jewel in the roughDel is a jewel in the roughDel is a jewel in the roughDel is a jewel in the roughDel is a jewel in the rough

You guys who do paper models.....I can't figure out how you make them look so great. Each time I build a paper model, it looks more like a kindergarten project made with construction paper and paste. I think I'll stick to resin, plastic, etc. But I do admire those of you who are able to create this level of a build. Beautiful!
Old 03-02-2014, 10:34 AM

Rhaven Blaack will become famous soon enoughRhaven Blaack will become famous soon enough

Thank you all for the kind words.

Building models in paper has (always) been something that I have enjoyed for many years.

for those of you who are interested in making this model for yourself, you can find it (as well as other GREAT models) here:
http://www.paperaviation.de/

Here is the link to the model itself:
http://www.paperaviation.de/Thunderf...erfighter.html
Old 03-03-2014, 07:32 PM

silveroxide is a splendid one to beholdsilveroxide is a splendid one to beholdsilveroxide is a splendid one to beholdsilveroxide is a splendid one to beholdsilveroxide is a splendid one to beholdsilveroxide is a splendid one to beholdsilveroxide is a splendid one to beholdsilveroxide is a splendid one to beholdsilveroxide is a splendid one to beholdsilveroxide is a splendid one to beholdsilveroxide is a splendid one to behold

Welcome aboard Rhaven. I would make a comment on the thunderfighter but I made enough over at Zealot on your workmanship. I enjoy Resin illuminati because of the great builders here and the references that can be transcribed over to cardstock. Enjoy and see you around the forums.
Old 04-03-2014, 03:10 PM

Revell-Fan will become famous soon enoughRevell-Fan will become famous soon enough

Whoopsie, how in the name of the Lords of Kobol did I miss this one? Great build and presentation, buddy!

(P.S.: For all those who do not know me, I am the one who created the add-on parts for Martin Saenger's excellent paper model! )

Last edited by Revell-Fan; 04-03-2014 at 03:10 PM.