Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 06-19-2016, 10:44 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God
Default 1/10th NuBSG ViperMk II

Okedoke then gang, this started in the Tutorial section.
This thread:
http://www.resinilluminati.com/showthread.php?t=9721

But to be honest it's a stone cold bastard drag doing all the ins and outs on a BBS so i'll just do a thread here since one is getting in to the actual first prototype build for want of a better term.

The site WIP is on page 8 at this time, linky below:
http://www.ianlawrencemodels.com/wipviper8.html

Some quick shot pics of the beastie as it is right about now.
The high engine, fairing and top fin are just dry fitted for now.

A rough and not cleaned up canopy frame print and some pics outside.

Much still to be done on this and many other things and that will be attended to and posted about in due course but as a sort of things to come, a Blood and Chrome viper mesh for printing up for no other reason as I was asked to do one a while ago so it will happen.

Only really just started the mesh this week so not got far in a grand total of around 20 hrs or so but here it is...

This has also been requested in 1/10th scale and according to the fella who designed the said B&C Viper, it is larger than the MKII.
Who am I to argue and here's a little rendered comparison...

The MkII comes out at just a smidgen over 33 inches long.
The B&C beast will come out at about 41 inches long and a wingspan of some 25 inches.
So a shelf filler for certain.

The to be reckoned out 1/10th Raptor is another matter entirely!

More to come on this and other things at a point I've yet to reach.
Take care all!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Imag4260.jpg (89.9 KB, 17 views)
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 06-19-2016, 05:02 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all
Default Re: 1/10th NuBSG ViperMk II

Holy Cow.
So impressive, so much inspiration...

Awesome job, especially the lathe work on the cans, and making a watertight model for print.

Can't wait to see the next installment-
-SF
Old 06-30-2016, 04:00 PM

TEL20102 will become famous soon enoughTEL20102 will become famous soon enough

Nice to see you back on the scene Ian, It's been a while and I hope you are in good health.

By the way..VERY NICE and a bit of a monster. You don't do things by halves

THE BIGGER THE BETTER !!
Old 07-03-2016, 08:42 AM
SPACESHIP!

Blappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of All

I see a great deal of sanding in your future!
Old 07-04-2016, 09:46 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Thanks fellas!
SCI-FI, the next instalment may be little while off but it's coming my friend.

Terry sah! Yep, still upright, dressed and breathing. Anything else get's a looking at as it comes along
True I don't tend to do things by halves...which has caused more than a few problems in the past so nothing new there.

Blappy, you are correct but a coat or two of epoxy resin with colloidal silica filler mixed in will take care of the majority of surface nasties for that (at some point) nice smooth finish I'm after.
It's still a lot less sanding and faffing about than it would have been building from complete scratch so i'll take it. Yeah, I am getting lazy

Speaking of faffing about, just received one of them 1/8th Sithplanet TOS Viper kits to have a go at for someone after a VERY long delay in them getting one.
So far, just had a good look at the parts and i'll sum it up in 3 words:

Fuck my luck.
Does that count?
Old 07-04-2016, 03:52 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Go big or go home I always say!!!!!!!

This gonna be GREAT!!!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 08-03-2016, 08:34 PM
Kneel Hoomans! Mwaahaa!

Apophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati God

Excellent! Looking forward to seeing this Ian!
Old 05-17-2018, 10:12 PM

aussiecylon New face in the crowd

Hi, I just came across this and wondering if this is finished as yet? I've visited your website, but no progress. I'm sure you've probably answered this somewhere already, but, is this a 'one off' or are you planning to make kits to sell?
Old 05-18-2018, 02:52 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiecylon View Post
Hi, I just came across this and wondering if this is finished as yet? I've visited your website, but no progress. I'm sure you've probably answered this somewhere already, but, is this a 'one off' or are you planning to make kits to sell?
Hi,
Never planned to kit this beast I'm afraid, I had intended to do just five but that's now been dropped to three as I'm planning to get out of commission stuff altogether ASAP.

However if you want a big Mk-II Viper then there's some details of a 1/17th scale kit on the Modeler Magic site.
Never dealt with the seller so I can't give you any first hand info there mate.
Link thing to said page below:

http://www.modelermagic.com/?p=93282

All the best,
Ian
Does that count?
Old 05-20-2018, 01:11 AM

aussiecylon New face in the crowd

Yeah, I've checked him out, Dynamic Digital Creations/SciFi Creations on FaceBook. Awesome stuff. I'll be placing an order with him now. He's also almost finished prototyping the Viper MKVII, looks fantastic. Thanks