Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 01-21-2011, 04:31 AM

Scratchawan Learner is a jewel in the roughScratchawan Learner is a jewel in the roughScratchawan Learner is a jewel in the roughScratchawan Learner is a jewel in the roughScratchawan Learner is a jewel in the roughScratchawan Learner is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: fantasy train....SUPERTRAIN from the 1979 short lived tv series

Nicely done... I remember the (very!) short lived series, from when I was a kid. Network promoted it very very heavily...and it didn't last long at all. A "Loveboat" killer it definately wasn't....but I thought the hardware looked exceptionally cool. You've done a fantastic job of recreating it. Vinyl wrap for your cars looks amazing...I'd never have thought of that approach to detailing. That's what I love about being part of this site...the chance to learn. When I was a kid, I wondered why none of the model companies or toy train companies never offered a "Supertrain" set. I wanted one.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:11 PM
Scot Washburn

OhioAstromech is a jewel in the roughOhioAstromech is a jewel in the roughOhioAstromech is a jewel in the roughOhioAstromech is a jewel in the roughOhioAstromech is a jewel in the roughOhioAstromech is a jewel in the roughOhioAstromech is a jewel in the rough

Did this ever get running on tracks?

The Original WALL-E Builders

The Valley Forge Drone Builders

The R2 Builders

The RPF

The PropCircle
Old 06-23-2018, 02:10 AM

swhite228 has a reputation beyond reputeswhite228 has a reputation beyond reputeswhite228 has a reputation beyond reputeswhite228 has a reputation beyond reputeswhite228 has a reputation beyond reputeswhite228 has a reputation beyond reputeswhite228 has a reputation beyond reputeswhite228 has a reputation beyond reputeswhite228 has a reputation beyond reputeswhite228 has a reputation beyond reputeswhite228 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Guys guess what was found in a chicken coop.....the only surviving Super Train studio model.
A company out of Maryland called Coinop Werehouse found the model when they went to clean a guys storage space (the coop). The story posted on Facebook with pictures is:
"On our list of amazing finds, this one is towards the top of the list. While picking arcade machines out of an old chicken house, we came across the actual train from the 1979 Television show “Supertrain”. It had been sold by NBC to a model train manufacturer in Philadelphia that had tried to sell it in the early 80s and when that company went bankrupt the train was abandoned in its old headquarters. Some time later a cabinet maker bought the contents of the building and sold the train to the guy we bought it from. It had been stored for almost 20 years in the top of a barn until today!
The train is almost 30 feet long, comes with about 50 feet of track, all nine cars (one engine car) and is truly the only one to exist. The first one built crashed and was destroyed."

It's for sale with an asking price of$9500 and here are some pictures of it today.
Old 06-23-2018, 08:17 AM

Firefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to behold

Yup,been talking with him, great find!!!!
Old 06-23-2018, 10:12 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

OH MY GOSH, I REMEMBER THAT SHOW...
Old 06-23-2018, 05:10 PM
JAFO

PakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of All

Wow...if I only had that kind of cash, and a place to keep it Altho....$9500 shipped maybe??? lol

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Last edited by PakRatJR; 06-23-2018 at 05:20 PM.