Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 06-30-2018, 11:09 PM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation
Default Re: 1/260 scale - ST:TMP Drydock

Damn! That's very impressive!

Itís advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you donít know!
Old 08-03-2018, 02:51 PM

NemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud of

AUGUST UPDATES - 2018 Wiring, Wiring, WIRING! Yes, that's pretty much all that I've been doing this last month. Wiring and double checking the circuits to make sure they're working. I've had to do this because there were so many loose wired from both the Enterprise and the Dock that I needed to start getting these out of the way so I can do more wiring and lighting. Really there are only a few more effects that need to be added and then I can start working on the display stand switches and trim work. Besides the wiring I've sealed the open hanger on the aft end of the dock. The ceiling is now permenetly cemented to the structure. I will be adding a mirror to the back end of the hanger to give the appearance that the Hanger goes much farther back into the modules than it actually does. She's coming together. Please hang in there. See you next month. Mark

http://www.NemVia.net
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_7860.JPG (366.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 100_7863.JPG (735.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 100_7864.JPG (627.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 100_7866.JPG (447.1 KB, 15 views)
Old 09-13-2018, 10:29 PM
The Kiwi

Location: Out there. Thataway. New Zealand actually. The country Universal Studios left off their globe...
Jim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to behold

Apologies if this has been asked before, but what it the length of your drydock at 1/260?

Or the theoretical length of the real thing? I've seen differing sizes listed online ranging from 350 meters to 420 meters...

Last edited by Jim NCC1701A; 09-13-2018 at 10:30 PM.
Old 09-14-2018, 12:30 PM

NemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim NCC1701A View Post
Apologies if this has been asked before, but what it the length of your drydock at 1/260?

Or the theoretical length of the real thing? I've seen differing sizes listed online ranging from 350 meters to 420 meters...
Hi Jim. Well, here's what I've gathered as far as research:
According to the Blue prints by David Kimble, the Enterprise is Approx: 304.8 meters long or about 1000ft in length. The DeBoers Enterprise is 45.5 in. in length. That would make the measurement 1" = 21.97ft or about 22 ft. My drydock is 57" in length from one end of the modules to the other. That would be about 1,254 ft in length. The width of the model is 22.5 inches or 495ft and the height is 22 inches or 484ft. I based my drydocks measurements on a partial blueprint I found from an old website called Mini-model madness which showed a top view of the Enterprise inside the dock. The reference seemed very accurate especially when I needed to make the Gangway meet up with the saucer section on the port side of the ship. The distance of the bridge to the bottom of the overhead modules seemed to be correct as well. Each of the light panel frames are about 8" square or 176ft across. Again, this is all estimations based on David Kimbles Blueprints. I'm sure there are some hyper-diehard fans who can scale this down to the centimeter but this is about the size of it. Hope this helps give you an idea of the measurements. Thanks for the question. Should have an update for you soon on the progress of the build.
Mark
Old 09-14-2018, 04:27 PM
The Kiwi

Location: Out there. Thataway. New Zealand actually. The country Universal Studios left off their globe...
Jim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Mark, thatís really helpful
I found a Lightwave file of the dock that Iíd like to print out in scale to my model, hence the size question.
Likely wonít be as accurate as yours, and printing is a bit of a cheat but I donít have the patience or skill to go all-out like youíre doing
Looking forward to seeing more of your build.
Cheers, Jim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2018, 05:24 PM

Hey Jim!
That's a great idea too! Maybe I should've gone that route. I'd be done by now. I've heard of other modelers doing something similar. I think I've also heard of someone just building a basic 1/2 dock lengthwise so he could view his ship from the side view only. Either way I'm sure it will look awesome.

Mark