Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 03-13-2013, 01:40 AM

Hackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Lambda Class Shuttle 1:72

Hey Friends,

finally i started another challenge. The Lambda Shuttle from Return of the Jedi. I always liked that ship from the first time. I started with the large upper wing. But still a few thing are to do on the wing like adding the little chips on some places.

Sorry for the bad pic. I guess itīs my light in the Studio that makes the violet shimmer effect on the image.

Old 03-13-2013, 01:57 AM

Snagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud of
Default Re: Lambda Class Shuttle 1:72

Ah. One of my favourite ships, not just within the SW universe, either. It's an extremely graceful design, unlike just about every other SW clunky, knobbly block. I had the Airfix kit when I was a kid. I have no idea how accurate it was, but it seemed OK - it's only disappointment was the engines not being in clear parts.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:48 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Are you done yet?

Can't wait to follow this one.

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 03-14-2013, 04:55 AM

Hackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snagger View Post
Ah. One of my favourite ships, not just within the SW universe, either. It's an extremely graceful design, unlike just about every other SW clunky, knobbly block. I had the Airfix kit when I was a kid. I have no idea how accurate it was, but it seemed OK - it's only disappointment was the engines not being in clear parts.
I guess the Airfix kit was based on the 1:1 studio set model they have build for some scenes with the actors. So the "head" is more angled on the MPC or Airfix kit compared to the "head" on the model on the right side of the pic.

And yes the design is very unique. It reminds me always when is see it of the mercedes star. So itīs the imperial Mercedes in Space.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neb View Post
Are you done yet?
Sure! lol Not even close!
Old 03-14-2013, 10:31 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackcore View Post
And yes the design is very unique. It reminds me always when is see it of the mercedes star. So itīs the imperial Mercedes in Space.
Damn. That NEVER occurred to me. Until now.

I'll never look at a Merc the same way again.....

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 03-18-2013, 03:48 AM

Update-Time! ;D

Old 03-18-2013, 05:27 AM

G-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of light

Mean while at Stefans house.

" ... The hell. Thats not right...inaccurate as shit... I'm just gonna build me one. ...Yea.... that's the ticket..."

Some how i picture you tossing on the glasses as an after thought, like Horatio Caine, with the who in the background.

Great job man.

George

And you can follow Catalyst Creations on face book:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Catalyst-Creations/345458355475644
Old 03-18-2013, 06:14 PM

Location: Corellia, just south of Mandalor, north of Tatooine, east of Coruscant and west of Gotham City.
Boxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant future

Always a joy to see you scratch building, Stefan!!! This is going to turn out to be another of your great works. Can't wait for more!

A Mercedes? I like that!!!

B
Old 03-19-2013, 12:52 AM

Thanks Friends!
Old 03-19-2013, 01:14 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

Lovely engineering Stefan!

How are you going to create the clear canopy, vac form? Just leave the hardest part until last.

Mike
Old 03-19-2013, 02:11 AM

Snagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neb View Post
Damn. That NEVER occurred to me. Until now.

I'll never look at a Merc the same way again.....
I can see a pimped version now, with chrome effect paint and the dancing suspension, with Vader strutting about with a Merc bonnet badge on a chain on his chest... Or an AMG spec shuttle with swept wings that only droop to a "low profile" horizontal position and with purple engine glow!

Last edited by Snagger; 03-19-2013 at 02:13 AM.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastBattlestar View Post
Lovely engineering Stefan!

How are you going to create the clear canopy, vac form? Just leave the hardest part until last.

Mike
lol Yeah the hardest part until last. Yes the whole "Head" will be vac-formed and a few other things. This is a challenge for me but i guess i can do it with patience and some practise.

Last edited by Hackcore; 03-19-2013 at 03:26 AM.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snagger View Post
I can see a pimped version now, with chrome effect paint and the dancing suspension, with Vader strutting about with a Merc bonnet badge on a chain on his chest... Or an AMG spec shuttle with swept wings that only droop to a "low profile" horizontal position and with purple engine glow!
Yeah the deluxe "Silberpfeil" Edition.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:40 AM
Shit got real.

HWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati God

The "Airfix" kit was the MPC kit reboxed for the UK market at the time. I have the kit and am going to see what i can do to make it better. I like the progress on yours though.