Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 10-15-2015, 08:01 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: 1/350 U.S.S. Miranda Refit - Star Trek Reliant Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neb View Post
Before I forget---- where did you get the plans from?

Federation Models has them for $13. Look under Products, Federation Frontiers.

At one time you could order them directly from Federation Frontiers and he would print them with custom names, dedication plaques etc. I hope he still does.
Old 10-15-2015, 08:19 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Sweet! Must have.......

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 10-15-2015, 08:28 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Some of the areas like three-views and stuff are kind of dated but the interior sections look great. Of interest is the shuttle bay. It inspired the bay i added to the TOS.
Old 10-15-2015, 10:26 PM

aptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant future

That looks just beautiful. Were I not saving for my Maui trip, I'd reserve one right now. As it is, I'll pull the trigger in the New Year after paying off my Hawaiian sojourn.

Now, after saying all of this, I have a huge complaint about a glaring omission.

C.mon, Cat, where are the pictures of the scantily clad Miranda crewbabes that we've come to know and love? Where? How do you expect us to get motivated to buy and build this model without your usual selection of gorgeous Starfleet hotties? GET WITH THE PROGRAM!

Last edited by aptivaboy; 10-15-2015 at 10:32 PM.
Old 10-16-2015, 07:30 AM
Ridged For Her Pleasure

The Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of great detail ion that kit.
Old 10-16-2015, 08:09 AM
It's gonna get real now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aptivaboy View Post
That looks just beautiful. Were I not saving for my Maui trip, I'd reserve one right now. As it is, I'll pull the trigger in the New Year after paying off my Hawaiian sojourn.
Vacations are but for a season, but Mirandas are forever

Quote:
Now, after saying all of this, I have a huge complaint about a glaring omission.

C.mon, Cat, where are the pictures of the scantily clad Miranda crewbabes that we've come to know and love? Where? How do you expect us to get motivated to buy and build this model without your usual selection of gorgeous Starfleet hotties? GET WITH THE PROGRAM!

I.... obey..... the voice of Landru.

That's a good point.

The TOS was commissioned at the end of 2262. This means she'll be right at 20 years old when she gets this major refit. So - chances are she'll have a completely different crew by then.

I'll take that as an Action Item and get to work!
Old 10-16-2015, 09:27 AM

aptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant future

Yeoman Taylor Swift?
Old 10-16-2015, 09:38 AM
It's gonna get real now.

Quote:
Yeoman Taylor Swift?
She'd make a fine Andorian. Hmmmmmm - must consider this.
Old 10-16-2015, 06:36 PM
It's gonna get real now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCI-FI View Post
Every aspect of this project stuns me with its engineering prowess and elegant execution. Just cannot wait to see this kit in person...

/geekmode off

You ever received a kit - one you've been looking forward to getting for a long time - and were so excited when you opened it that everything just looked SO perfect...and later when the excitement dissipated you took a closer look and thought it wasn't anywhere near as nice as you first thought?

That won't happen on this kit.
Old 10-16-2015, 06:47 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
[...]
Old 10-17-2015, 04:37 AM

U-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati God

To DonS: You've made an absolutely amazing conversion! It's clear that a lot of thought, artistry, and creativity went into this.

I salute you.

To The Cat: This is going to be one helluva show! I'm looking forward to following your progress.
Old 10-17-2015, 09:33 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
You ever received a kit - one you've been looking forward to getting for a long time - and were so excited when you opened it that everything just looked SO perfect...and later when the excitement dissipated you took a closer look and thought it wasn't anywhere near as nice as you first thought?

I can confirm that....

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 10-17-2015, 09:43 AM
Large Member

DonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks, all!

Or visit my CG gallery: www.eclectric-fx.com
Old 10-19-2015, 10:39 AM
It's gonna get real now.

Some mood sounds:

I'm wondering how much it'd cost to have a run of photoetch grilles done for the impulse engines.
Old 10-19-2015, 11:14 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Quote:
Some mood sounds:
[...]
Show of hands: how many Star Trek modeling nerds listened to this whole clip, anticipating getting your own DonS 1/350 magnum opus?

(Sheepishly raises hand...)