Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 01-29-2016, 07:21 AM

Viper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud of
Default Space: 1999 Eagle Transporter Build Off

Hello Everybody,

The Eagle Transporter from Space: 1999 is truly a legendary spacecraft in the world of science fiction, since the first time that it appeared on screen it invoked images of galactic adventure and mystery. One of the things that made this ship so iconic over other spacecraft of the day was that it was believable. It was purposely designed to take full advantage of the real technology of the time and it's design mirrored real world spacecraft designs of the era.

So now with the release of the 1/48 scale 22" Eagle Transporter it's time to make your visions of that spacecraft come to life with the Resin Illuminati Eagle Transporter Build Off. Please post descriptions and photos of your builds either stock out of the box or modified. The Cat will provide further details on this.

Enjoy and remember "Build Them Like They Used To"
Old 01-29-2016, 08:13 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Space: 1999 Eagle Transporter Build Off

I'm in! This is a fun kit, costwise a bargain for what it is, and a joy to build.

Pinning this bad boy!
Old 01-29-2016, 05:23 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Link now on our Facebook page!
Old 01-30-2016, 03:29 AM
More dangerous than I look!

zysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati God

You know, I'm tempted, but I really don't need to spend $120+ on yet another kit that I'll most likely never finish.

Every weekend, I say I'm going to set aside time to work on *something* on the workbench, and yet it never happens. Either there are chores to do, or I'm too fucking tired and end up just plopping down in front of the boob tube.

Btw...are the metal engine bells for this out yet? Haven't seen them listed anywhere.
Old 01-30-2016, 06:46 AM
It's gonna get real now.

That's the thing about this kit - not really a ton of work to do to it, just good old-fashioned stick-it-together modeling.

Bells - I've seen a few sets sell on eBay but as far as I know none of our regular online stores have them yet. I was opposed to them at first - figuring why spend the $$$ when Alclad would look just as good - but as we know things like this aren't produced forever and I'd hate to be looking at my Eagle ten years from now wishing I had bought the good bells.
Old 01-30-2016, 09:41 AM
It's gonna get real now.

Here's a walkaround of my Eagle as it sits right now:

Remember me continually mentioning how well the kit is engineered?

Here's why I say that. Here it is field-stripped:

Landing gear parts are fastened to the shoulder pods with small Philips screws. Command pod is held onto the front walkway with magnets. Passenger pod floor is held on with a couple Philips screws. The rest of it - outer cage bars, greeblie shelves, engines and balls, passenger pod feet - all snap into place and are easily removed. All this will make painting a lot easier and the model will be upgradeable in the future.

There will be a couple LEDs in the command pod, and I'll work out a way to attach the pod to its back wall and still be removable.

I'm also taking this opportunity to field-test Blap! Models' new sanding blocks.

Last edited by The Cat; 01-30-2016 at 09:42 AM.
Old 01-30-2016, 01:02 PM
Pissin 'em off since :1999

Eagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati God

Ok, I'm subscribed now.
Old 01-30-2016, 01:55 PM
It's gonna get real now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle-1 View Post
Ok, I'm subscribed now.
Good! Get to posting.
Old 02-01-2016, 09:27 AM
It's gonna get real now.

Hey - does anyone have an ETA on when the metal bells will be released?
Old 02-01-2016, 04:02 PM

zysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati God

According to their blog: "The metal accessory parts are at least a month behind. The factory is making sure that they weed out and metal bells with visible flaws. At the price the sets will be going for, we want them to be flawless."
Old 02-01-2016, 07:01 PM
It's gonna get real now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zysurge View Post
According to their blog: "The metal accessory parts are at least a month behind. The factory is making sure that they weed out and metal bells with visible flaws. At the price the sets will be going for, we want them to be flawless."

Yeah....they'd BETTER be flawless at that price

I figured out another reason to get them - it'll be nice having the kit bells on hand if I get the opportunity to scratcbuild any other pods or the spine booster pack.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:07 AM

Wow, you aren't kidding!

The main engine bell kit: $149 list, $119 retail:
http://www.houseofhobbies.com/amtmpcmkeade.html

The RCS thrusters: $30 list, $24 retail:
http://www.houseofhobbies.com/mpcamkeasmme.html
Old 02-02-2016, 07:10 AM
It's gonna get real now.

OH GOOD - they're doing the RCS thrusters!!!! YAY!!! That solves a big problem.
Old 02-03-2016, 05:31 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper Aviator View Post

Please post descriptions and photos of your builds either stock out of the box or modified.
Especially the modified ones---- when I get mine I'll need options.

You guys know me----- I can't leave nothing alone.....

Great idea Cal!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!

Last edited by Neb; 02-03-2016 at 05:51 PM.
Old 02-04-2016, 06:12 AM
Dweeb in residence

rpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant future

I'm game for anything that gets me off my ass and into the shop for a change.