Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 03-05-2016, 02:57 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Space: 1999 Eagle Transporter Build Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCI-FI View Post
Wait... A Visitors logo...?

You got a problem with that???

Old 03-05-2016, 05:15 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Papillon glasses?
Prop looks spot-on.
If it fires a blue laser with a "qshhht!" sound effect, it's perfect.
Old 03-05-2016, 05:29 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Papillon knockoffs, nine bucks on eBay. I wasn't expecting much in the way of quality but they are really well-made. I'm thinking about getting at least one more pair and modding them so they have less tint to them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271548154613...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

There is a V fan club in Connecticut that makes incredibly good uniforms. I'm in the list for one - best estimate is December or January before it happens.
Old 03-10-2016, 04:43 PM
It's gonna get real now.

Eagle-12 walkaround.

I've been working on the winch and its pod. Pod is done except for more piping on the bottom, and the winch is getting its greeblies now.

Also, the Eagle received metal bells. I had vowed NOT to get them...but if you have been around modeling for any length of time then you know that things don't always remain in production forever and can get quite expensive... and this would be a regret if not purchased now.

At least, that's the excuse I gave myself.

HOO BOY do they ever look amazing in person! Yeah, the kit parts could be painted with Alclads and would look identical....but wow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160310_102703.jpg (75.3 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg 20160310_102725.jpg (112.6 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 20160310_102832.jpg (98.8 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 20160310_104735-1.jpg (77.2 KB, 36 views)
Old 03-10-2016, 05:55 PM
It's gonna get real now.

More Eagle goodies!

Looook at that metal!!!!!

I drilled small holes in the main thrusters and attached them to the cage/walkway assemblies with screws.

All the bells fit with no modification of the kit parts. The ID of the front of the main bells is ever so slightly larger than the kit parts. The kit bells are a press-fit deal onto the engines - but the metals aren't. That's okay because the kit baffles still are, and they hold the metal bells in place nicely.

The freighter brought in some goodies!

Two moon buggies and two sets of cargo crates from Shapeways. I'm building and painting a buggy for Todd Morton. I started on the buggies - I found a good pic of a wheelless Amphicat and printed it out to scale with the model's undercarriage. It made a good template for drilling holes for the axles. I'll show more on it soon.

Also, there's a set of stickers (Yeah, actually STICKERS, Rob!) from Canada for the 22" Eagle. They are a neat add-on for the kit decals, but not a replacement. I'll play around with them and see how they act.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160304_183244.jpg (93.4 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg 20160304_193817-1.jpg (117.1 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg 20160305_133145.jpg (71.9 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 20160305_142532.jpg (132.7 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 20160306_133034.jpg (74.9 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg 20160309_111446.jpg (116.0 KB, 36 views)

Last edited by The Cat; 03-10-2016 at 05:56 PM.
Old 03-10-2016, 07:38 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

It IS tempting......

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 03-10-2016, 07:49 PM
It's gonna get real now.

Between the time I ordered it and the time it got here, all I could think was "Should I have done that???""Can I cancel the order?!?""Maybe I can return them!""Don't need 'em""Maybe I can sell them or something"

Then I put them on.

"Then I saw [that shine]...NOW I'M A BELIEVERRRRR!!!"

Seriously. Eye magnets.
Old 03-10-2016, 08:18 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 03-10-2016, 08:30 PM
It's gonna get real now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neb View Post

No shit. When I'm at home, that Eagle never leaves my line of sight. Sometimes if I'm gonna be in the office all day I take it to work with me, it has its own section of bookshelf cleared out.
Old 03-11-2016, 02:06 PM

tsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to behold

"Eye magnets"

gotta remember that one.
Old 03-20-2016, 10:53 AM
It's gonna get real now.

I got Eagle-12 primed and the base coat of white added. Yayy! It's a custom mix - I don't have any access to Diamond White so I approximated. End result was one bottle of Model Master Classic White with one fat drop of Model Master Sandgelb. It looks white on its own but when placed next to something else that's pure white the difference is slightly noticeable. I found the pantone code for Diamond White online somewhere and compared it to pure white in paint shop - I was able to get about the same amount of difference with the paint.

As always it is two steps forward and one back.

The thruster boxes in the first release of the kit are too tall and need to be shortened by ~1mm in order to look right. (Look at the end of the SKU number on your box - A1 = the first release, A2 = second and corrected release). I wasn't 100% happy with my work. Also, I'm altering the nozzle mounts a little - I don't like the way they look just glued to the pegs so I dished the mounts out a little to give them some more visual interest. I messed up and got a couple of them misaligned and they looked like crap so I made new thruster boxes. I found some pieces of styrene strip that added up to the right sizes so I laminated them and cut them. They match pretty well, so I did my dishing IN THE RIGHT PLACES THIS TIME. They are primed and painted now.

Lastly, I went through my decal boxes and found some interesting striping and other goodies to use whenever I get to marking the ship
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160319_171117.jpg (101.5 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 20160319_125427.jpg (89.7 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg 20160317_155728.jpg (106.6 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 20160317_162907.jpg (177.6 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg 20160319_224547.jpg (88.2 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg 20160319_144405.jpg (188.7 KB, 32 views)
Old 04-02-2016, 09:12 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The cargo pod is practically complete and painted. It was a fun scratchbuild project..one of the more enjoyable ones yet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160402_185154.jpg (83.8 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 20160402_185206.jpg (92.9 KB, 18 views)
Old 04-03-2016, 01:09 AM
suki5150

suki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of All

Very nice work Dave.

Coming along great. Everyone is painting their beaks with a stark contrast of grey. Looking at the original stuff, its just another darker shade of white. Some of the builds out there look too much to me. You on the other hand have nailed it !

Old 04-26-2016, 02:02 AM

spongebob is a splendid one to beholdspongebob is a splendid one to beholdspongebob is a splendid one to beholdspongebob is a splendid one to beholdspongebob is a splendid one to beholdspongebob is a splendid one to beholdspongebob is a splendid one to beholdspongebob is a splendid one to beholdspongebob is a splendid one to beholdspongebob is a splendid one to beholdspongebob is a splendid one to behold

Interior passenger pod for the 22" Eagle kit.
This kit will have 2 figures with it as well.
Note : not the figure you see in the picture.