Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 10-23-2017, 06:19 AM
Lurker

Trekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant future
Default Dual Galaxy builds

After the success of my Triple Nebula build and because I have a lot of Duck Egg Blue left over I have started a dual build of the Galaxy Class. One will be built as the Enterprise D and one will Be the Triple nacelled Galaxy X Class USS Trident. For both builds I am using the AMT clear Enterprise D kit. For the Trident I am also using the Starcraft All Good Things conversion kit with clear cast parts.

Enterprise saucer lighting

Enterprise saucer lighting

Dorsal lighting. I am using the Tetyron Models more accurate part for the dorsal

Dorsal side view

The completely wired saucer. I am using the DLM saucer forward windows, Ten Forward windows, and bridge. on this build. I am also using an Ngineering Universal strobe chip to strobe the Navigational beacons
Attached Images
File Type: jpg galaxy-1-encounteratfarpoint-s.jpg (18.3 KB, 6 views)
Old 10-23-2017, 02:22 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future
Default Re: Dual Galaxy builds

The lighting looks great. The second picture makes me think of the space-jelly fish from the premier Farpoint episode.

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 10-23-2017, 04:58 PM
The Kiwi

Location: Out there. Thataway. New Zealand actually. The country Universal Studios left off their globe...
Jim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekmanscott, M,Ed. View Post
and because I have a lot of Duck Egg Blue left over
That's gotta be the Best. Reason. Ever. that I've heard for starting a build

Look forward to seeing your work on these Scott.
Old 10-24-2017, 09:56 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Can't wait to watch this progress...
Old 10-24-2017, 09:19 PM

aptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant future

Mebbe do one as a Dominion War Galaxy, one of the dark-necked ones with the extra phasers atop the engines?

Bob
Old 10-25-2017, 12:55 AM

Bridger is on a distinguished road

I wish i could get the Tetyron parts neck neck, looking forward to the finished models.
Old 10-25-2017, 07:05 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by aptivaboy View Post
Mebbe do one as a Dominion War Galaxy, one of the dark-necked ones with the extra phasers atop the engines?

Bob
"Dark neck"? I don't remember that, and can't find a pic (Google-Fu is weak on my iGizmo), but that sounds like a cool mod...

Last edited by SCI-FI; 10-25-2017 at 07:06 AM.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:35 AM
More dangerous than I look!

zysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati God

Look here:

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/ar...ip_classes.htm

Scroll down to "Number of Galaxy-class ships" and there's an image. Almost looks like a shadow, but there are two with the exact same pattern even though they are at different angles, so it's not a shadow.

Old 10-26-2017, 08:03 AM
Lurker

Trekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant future

I always thought that was a shadow. Anyway my build is the Enterprise so it doesn't have a dark neck

Last edited by Trekmanscott, M,Ed.; 10-26-2017 at 08:05 AM.
Old 10-26-2017, 09:00 AM
Humble Aspirant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zysurge View Post
Look here:

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/ar...ip_classes.htm

Scroll down to "Number of Galaxy-class ships" and there's an image. Almost looks like a shadow, but there are two with the exact same pattern even though they are at different angles, so it's not a shadow.
[...]
Awesome, thanks for posting that.
Old 11-03-2017, 07:50 PM

Holt35 New face in the crowd

It's not a shadow that model is actually an AMT kit, in fact all the models in that picture are AMT model kits. If you look close enough at the Galaxy class ships you can see the raised aztek pattern in the picture. I don't know what's up with the paint job but it's the only time we ever saw it and even in the next episode which that fleet was in there were no Galaxy's with that paint job.
Old 01-19-2018, 07:56 AM
Lurker

Now that the Ivarix is compete, My focus is now back onto the Galaxies. I competed the wiring for each model.

I'm using the Tetryon Models correction piece for the neck on the Enterprise D

Then I glued the engines, secondary hull, and saucer sections together. With the subassemblies finished I added photo etch from Green Strawberry.

Old 01-19-2018, 08:40 AM

kellyj New face in the crowd

This is going to look great. Never knew they made this kit in clear. Almost like its begging for nothing more than a lite wash to make a cloaked version from the Pegasus episode.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:59 AM
Lurker

These builds have not died. They were placed on the back burner when I saw I would not meet my WF 18 deadline. New pics as the builds progress
Old 09-18-2018, 02:57 PM
Humble Aspirant

Woo-hoo!

On to WF'19...