Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 08-17-2018, 05:00 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future
Default Re: 1/350 USS Endurance - TMP era expedition cruiser

Although I too like the aesthetics of a split hangar, one broad one would serve better.
Nice comparison shot. Endurance is a beast!

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 08-20-2018, 11:29 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

With the overall hull shape in finalization, the detail work begins with a mock up showing potential window port placement and fleet markings. The lower secondary hull recess was modeled but I'm not happy with it. I have a better idea that I'll comp later.

Old 08-20-2018, 12:38 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Settling in for a big build.
This looks gorgeous.

What does the grey stripe mean again? Since Endurance has it, I'm assuming it's associated with Tycho, but... I'm not sure that makes sense. Endurance is a looooooong range ship, right?
Old 08-20-2018, 02:50 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Glad the nacelles haven't changed. I love those. You have all our confidence, Admiral!

Old 08-20-2018, 03:33 PM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCI-FI View Post

Settling in for a big build.
This looks gorgeous.

What does the grey stripe mean again? Since Endurance has it, I'm assuming it's associated with Tycho, but... I'm not sure that makes sense. Endurance is a looooooong range ship, right?
Thank you! Originally, the stripes denoted the border patrol duties of the Sentinel class ships. But, itís become a sort of tradition at Tycho to launch their ships with these diagonal ďcommissioning pennantsĒ. I wasnít able to put them on the Repulse but the Javelin has a small subtle version of them on her pylons. Iím not sure these will make it to the Endurance but it depends on making a plausible excuse between now and then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
Glad the nacelles haven't changed. I love those. You have all our confidence, Admiral!
Me too! I really havenít done a second draft of the nacelles. I kinda threw these together as placeholders but damn if I canít find anything to change about them. There are a couple tweaks to try but otherwise Iím glad you like them too!
Old 08-21-2018, 08:05 PM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of

Going to be epic Admiral!!!
Old 09-06-2018, 10:08 AM
All ahead full

Fine tuning continues on the 3D concept model with a set of orthos and close-ups.

Old 09-06-2018, 10:24 AM
Shipwright

Lord_Schtupp New face in the crowd

Small refinements and tuning resulted in definite improvements to the overall look, very nice

Lord Schtupp @ Deviant Art
Old 09-06-2018, 11:21 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

*applauds loudly like Orson Wells in Citizen Kane*

This looks fantastic. The "double neck" makes me think she would tender some colony-related cargo in that niche... some massive supplies or rack of construction gear...

And Essex-class?
Wasn't Essex one of the original TOS Constitution class? (Captain Ron Tracy, Yangs and Kohms?)

Last edited by SCI-FI; 09-06-2018 at 11:23 AM.
Old 09-06-2018, 11:35 AM
Shipwright

Lord_Schtupp New face in the crowd

Quote:

And Essex-class?
Wasn't Essex one of the original TOS Constitution class? (Captain Ron Tracy, Yangs and Kohms?)
It was the USS Exeter NCC-1672 - I had to look it up to confirm

Lord Schtupp @ Deviant Art
Old 09-06-2018, 12:19 PM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Schtupp View Post
Small refinements and tuning resulted in definite improvements to the overall look, very nice
Thank you!

Quote:

This looks fantastic. The "double neck" makes me think she would tender some colony-related cargo in that niche... some massive supplies or rack of construction gear...

And Essex-class?
I haven't planned any cargo modules to nest within the exterior design. But if serious customizers want to mod their rides, it'll void my warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Schtupp View Post
It was the USS Exeter NCC-1672 - I had to look it up to confirm
That's correct, Exeter was Ron Tracy's ship (Omega Glory). But in Vol 1, MasterCom's Ships of the Star Fleet, there is an Constitution-class Essex listed. Tycho was very quick to rename a new class once that Essex was decommissioned.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 09-06-2018 at 12:20 PM.
Old 09-06-2018, 05:07 PM

Loving the look of her!

Old 09-06-2018, 06:24 PM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of

Excellent.
Old 10-01-2018, 06:08 AM
All ahead full

Design Update 01OCT18 - work continues on many of the detail aspects of Endurance and establishing the proper scale for interior modules and window spacing. I am still unsure what parts will be printed, scratched or vacu-formed. Here are a few recent renders:

I also mocked up an armature design in 3D to make sure it fits within the hull:

Lots of brass purchased:

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 10-01-2018 at 06:09 AM.
Old 10-01-2018, 07:33 AM
Humble Aspirant

*starts having chest-pains*
I can't take the excitement...
I gotta take a knee.

This is just so cool...

I imagine that rear shuttlebay is going to grow (lengthwise) into some of that open space, up to the brass framework...