Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 08-27-2018, 07:03 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future
Default Re: Zvezda Star Destroyer - a new detailing project

I think doing all those pipes would drive me insane. I'm okay with wiring a 1/48 radial, but all those pipes... dammm...

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 08-29-2018, 07:30 AM
Shipwright

Lord_Schtupp New face in the crowd

Wonderful detailing sir!

Lord Schtupp @ Deviant Art
Old 09-03-2018, 07:11 PM

Madhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to behold

thanks bro

Time for an update

I've started the bridge and have pretty much finished the face. I may yet go back and add a couple more bits on for good measure.

I have most of the holes drilled ready for fibers to go in.

I've also made a start on the roof section. It's a little bland for my taste so I've started adding details there to. Again, all made up stuff - no references. It just makes it look more interesting

The back end is also now painted and ready to go on. I still have to install the lights but that won't take long. I'll take some lit shots when it's all done

Well, that's it for now. I'll update again once I've done something worth showing with the bridge

Thanks for stopping in and having a look

Si
Old 09-04-2018, 07:06 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Yowza! Just beautiful detailing.
Old 09-04-2018, 07:58 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Gorgeous-- I love the subtle shades of grey in the rear panels...
Old 09-05-2018, 09:06 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Now THAT is top class work MH, benchmark stuff for high end detailing sah!
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?

Last edited by Raytheon; 09-05-2018 at 09:07 AM.
Old 09-09-2018, 12:34 AM

Madhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to behold

hi all

Work continues with the completion of the roof. I'll have the big X thingy standing up I think. I need to start detailing that part and then add it to the roof. The shield generators have been added since these pictures but I need to fix up a few things before I can show you.

That's it for now. Thanks for looking

Si
Old 09-09-2018, 05:39 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Thanks for building! It looks fantastic. A 'little' greabling certainly goes a loooong way!

Old 09-10-2018, 06:32 AM

cheers Thom!

I made a start on the bottom half of the bridge section last night and opened up 3 ports to which i have run some more piping out from. Granted it's not exactly movie accurate, but its equally as interesting I think
Old 09-10-2018, 04:34 PM

Well, most people aren't going to see the filming 'models' anyway, just their representations on screen. Not seeing the filming 'model' then whose to know that all that extra detail is not there?

Plus, no ship is ever made as exact as the one that came before. There are different ship building yards and upgrades with each iteration. Yours can be just a later Mk in the series of ships.

Old 09-10-2018, 07:26 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
Well, most people aren't going to see the filming 'models' anyway, just their representations on screen. Not seeing the filming 'model' then whose to know that all that extra detail is not there?

Plus, no ship is ever made as exact as the one that came before. There are different ship building yards and upgrades with each iteration. Yours can be just a later Mk in the series of ships.
This, +1.

People who saw a fleet of Zvezdas and then saw this one at the end would say "Well, clearly this a new and improved version."

Old 09-18-2018, 06:57 AM

Thanks guys

Thought I would show you where I am up to on this before I go on a well deserved holiday for a few weeks.

I've only really just started but it's not a race. I probably won't take any more pics now until the bridge is finished

Hopefully the cutting board will help some of you convey a sense of scale as well

The first set of pics are the walls for the bays underneath which are present on the filming models. I thought that was a cool feature so I did the same, except I opened up another one that wasn't there. All for my own personal tastes

Well, that's me done, but if you have any questions or comments or critique, I am always open to it

As always, thanks for looking in

Si