Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > CGI, Costumes, Props, Artwork, Action Figures > Costumes and Props

Costumes and Props Costumes, Prosthetics, Props, and Makeup

Old 11-25-2007, 12:03 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God
Default PARK Sabers

I remember talking with this guy about 10 years ago.

His designs have REALLY improved since his beginning years!

http://www.parksabers.com/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Double Helix.jpg (65.8 KB, 64 views)

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 11-26-2007, 10:02 AM

Sherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to all

These are really.....Frickin.... beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll have to get me one of these....(when I have an extra 400.00 or so).

Gil
Old 11-29-2007, 08:47 AM
Blockhead

Jades Dark Heart is just really niceJades Dark Heart is just really niceJades Dark Heart is just really niceJades Dark Heart is just really niceJades Dark Heart is just really niceJades Dark Heart is just really niceJades Dark Heart is just really nice

Kurt you really know how to pick the controversial topics. You really should read this thread about Jeff Parks on the RPF.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php...hlight=boycott

He is not very popular due to some really crappy ethics.

G
Old 11-29-2007, 12:17 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jades Dark Heart View Post
Kurt you really know how to pick the controversial topics. You really should read this thread about Jeff Parks on the RPF.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php...hlight=boycott

He is not very popular due to some really crappy ethics.

G

LOLOLOLOLOL... good thing I didn't post it there... I almost did! LOLOLOLOL

I had no idea that Parks too was under scrutiny. LOLOLOLOL, I imagine LFL itself falls under scrutiny from folks that have done work for them and been wronged as well at some point. There will always be difference in opinion... especially in the ethical realm. This is why I ask for the provable answers,.. not the emotional ones.

The funny thing is that whole Parks subject (or so as much as I read) dealt with one poor artists personal account of what happened. Don't get me wrong. Parks did something wrong if what was stated is factual and not enhanced in any way. I never abide by any dishonesty in business or of personal nature. As a matter of fact, (unknown to many) I have been involved in shutting down businesses for such unethical practice. However, once again, what was stated in that thread (without admittedly reading ALL the pages) isn't enough to bring to court and challenge validity. THAT is what MUST be done to shut the unethical down. If all folks can do it 'bitch' on the boards when they have a problem, then they will find their words will fall flat and the unethical will still prevail. And yet that is what happens. Peoples anger often gets in the way of the progress they wish to do. And they don't see that becasue they are angry. They continue to believe that their angry statements are all the proof that is needed.

What is really needed is the proof that would be looked at seriously in a court of law. That would ensure the unethical get shut down. This is what I was attempting to tell JJ on the RPF, but his anger didn't allow him to see what was obviously needed.

What REALLY gets me about these 'questionable' businesses is how much they offer OUTSIDE of what is questionable. It is that which I get VERY curious about.

Thanks for the "heads up" my friend! I will try to be more cautious!

Old 01-07-2008, 11:42 AM

Location: Corellia, just south of Mandalor, north of Tatooine, east of Coruscant and west of Gotham City.
Boxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant future

Does he screws with customers? I don't know about him at all but I am freaking interested in his Obiwan and the graflex replicas.

B
Old 01-07-2008, 04:36 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster View Post
Does he screws with customers? I don't know about him at all but I am freaking interested in his Obiwan and the graflex replicas.

B
I am not certain about the man, but I agree that his designs are ultra kewl!

Old 01-07-2008, 08:12 PM
Banned

MustangGT is just really niceMustangGT is just really niceMustangGT is just really niceMustangGT is just really niceMustangGT is just really niceMustangGT is just really niceMustangGT is just really niceMustangGT is just really nice
Wink

Well I do know Jeff, last con we all went out to dinner. He really is a very good guy. When he started making the sabers, he sent one of the real tubes ( guessing the one from the RPF) to China to have reproduced. They made them right down to the last letter. He even had a show special of a saber for 30.00 at the last show. He was also speaking to David Prouse about buying some of his sabers while I stood there.
What is funny about this is this, he dont collect, just sells. He is not into the collecting, to him it's a job.

As to the sabers, they are some of the best I have ever gotten a look at, even tho am not into SW that much. As to the missing parts, I have no clue, but he dont seem the kind to just rip somebody off, or at least to me..Kev
Old 01-08-2008, 03:08 AM

Location: Corellia, just south of Mandalor, north of Tatooine, east of Coruscant and west of Gotham City.
Boxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant future

In another forum, Park is pretty respectable producer and I only hear of the quality of his works but nothing else.

The only thing people talk about him is that he only offer EL instead of luxeum and the prices he command. Maybe those are china made as Mustang explained. Hmmm, I thought his products are made in the US.

I am not taking sides here but if he can delivers the goods. He will get business from me in time to come.

B
Old 01-08-2008, 12:33 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

There is so much flying around these days about wrong doings. We must always remember to reserve judgments to our own dealings. That is when we know what truth is. Or at least the truth within our own experience with each other.

I love Park Saber designs!

Old 01-08-2008, 09:08 PM
Banned

MustangGT is just really niceMustangGT is just really niceMustangGT is just really niceMustangGT is just really niceMustangGT is just really niceMustangGT is just really niceMustangGT is just really niceMustangGT is just really nice
Smile

Some are made in China, or at least the parts. He dose not do any of the machine work, but buys it and puts it togeather. I think some of the stuff for the custom sabers is U.S. but the Grafix ( not sure of spelling) is from a China company..Kev
Old 01-08-2008, 10:33 PM

That is true, Kurt!

GT, I hope its just the small parts being made in China because I am not confident at all on China made stuff.

Still, I will order some of his hilts later on.

B
Old 01-09-2008, 06:00 AM
Banned

Am wanting one of the sabers that light up, they are very cool..Kev
Old 01-09-2008, 07:18 AM

FX Lightsabers? Yes, they are! LOL, I am going to get every piece MR produced.

B
Old 02-10-2008, 07:32 AM

robiwon is a splendid one to beholdrobiwon is a splendid one to beholdrobiwon is a splendid one to beholdrobiwon is a splendid one to beholdrobiwon is a splendid one to beholdrobiwon is a splendid one to beholdrobiwon is a splendid one to beholdrobiwon is a splendid one to beholdrobiwon is a splendid one to beholdrobiwon is a splendid one to beholdrobiwon is a splendid one to behold

I happen to have two sabers made by Parks. The first one is a Graflex. The Graflex that Jeff sells is indeed made in China. Jeff is only one of several that buy Graflex's from this manufacturer. I have addded electronics to mine such as a 5w Luxeon and an UltraSound sound board from UltraSabers. Here are a few pics.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...s/IMG_0473.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...s/IMG_0475.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...s/IMG_1735.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...s/IMG_1742.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...s/IMG_1745.jpg

The next saber is an older Parks Obi TPM saber that Jeff made about 7 years ago. I picked this up from the 'Bay for about half the price they typicaly go for. Here is a pic.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ass/9fb9_1.jpg
Old 02-10-2008, 10:53 AM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

That's a pretty nice piece robiwon!

I have always loved the Ep1 Obiwon design as well! I didn't know Parks sold sabers that are so close to the originals. I thought he only sold he own designs. Interesting option!

Thank you for posting the photos!