Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > CGI, Costumes, Props, Artwork, Action Figures > Costumes and Props

Costumes and Props Costumes, Prosthetics, Props, and Makeup

Old 12-18-2007, 10:21 AM

superjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant future
Default Recently completed Boba Fett helmet

Hey all,
Apart from sci-fi spacecraft, my other "passion" is Boba Fett. Some of you are probably familiar with a forum called The Dented Helmet, which is dedicated to bounty hunter costuming. I've gotten some great info over the past several years, and it has enabled me to put together a Boba Fett outfit of my own. It's nearly complete, and I've never actually worn it out anywhere yet, but it's been fun researching and painting the different components.
One of the vendors over there, a guy called FettPride, recently came out with a very nice fiberglass helmet kit and I picked one up to "upgrade" my prior helmet. I painted this one in the ESB paint scheme. This is the 5th or 6th ESB helmet I've painted. I've done commissioned paint jobs for other Dented Helmet members before. Goes a long way to fund my hobbies!
I posted a long in-progress thread over on TDH, but here are a few shots of my nearly complete helmet. (I'm waiting on an aluminum range finder stalk.)

First, a couple angles from before I installed the visor.

Now, with the visor. It was raining the day I took these, so they're in my living room. Once I get the new stalk, I'll take some more completed pics outside on my balcony to get better lighting.

The helmet was painted with Testors and Floquil/Polly Scale colors, using the most widely "accepted" color guide (based on research by another TDH member who spent a loooong time trying to nail down the color info.)
If you're into SW costuming, check out The Dented Helmet!! It's a great site with a wealth of knowledge. Here's a link to my in-progress thread over there for anyone who'd like to check it out: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/forum...ad.php?t=22530
Thanks for looking!
Eric
Old 12-18-2007, 10:32 AM
Banned

REL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati God

Damn! That looks fantastic. It would look even better with a Studio Scale Slave I displayed next to it.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:41 AM
Olive Drab is Sexy

Gunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati God

Wicked COOL! More pics please!

Jim Lewis
GunTruck Studios
Museum Associate Curator - Supervisory, Military Vehicle Technology Foundation (MVTF), Portola Valley, California

... Cry Havoc and let slip the Pastels of War! ...
Old 12-18-2007, 10:47 AM

superjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant future

Oh REL. . . how right you are!! Thank you for the kind offer of a free Slave I!!! I will display it proudly.

Gunnie, check out the link to my thread on The Dented Helmet for a whole slew of pics.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:13 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

ERIC!!!

DUUUUUUUUUUUDE!!!

That looks FANTASTIC!!!

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 12-19-2007, 04:22 AM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God
Thumbs up

Looks like Boba really has been around the block a few times - excellent work!
Old 01-02-2008, 05:01 PM
Kneel Hoomans! Mwaahaa!

Apophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati God

im also a member of the TDH, the people there have some excellent stuff.
Yours is also excellent!
Old 01-07-2008, 11:16 AM

Location: Corellia, just south of Mandalor, north of Tatooine, east of Coruscant and west of Gotham City.
Boxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant future

I seen a lot of 1/1 helmets painted out there but I have to say your's one of the very best I seen so far.

B
Old 01-07-2008, 11:39 AM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

BEN!!!! You are here!

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 01-07-2008, 11:41 AM

Location: Corellia, just south of Mandalor, north of Tatooine, east of Coruscant and west of Gotham City.
Boxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant future

Hey my man Kurt! Yeah, thought I come in here and play already. Heh!

B
Old 01-09-2008, 11:31 AM

ave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud of

that's an awesome helmet. Very accurate. I can't remember all the nicks and dents in the helmet off the top of my head. But at first glance I always look for the silver spot in the center of the forehead - and look at how that is weathered. It should be silver in the middle and then be grey around the edges... just like you have. Very nice indeed.

Now go out and get an aluminum stalk.. with a rangefinder with working lights.. and a little motor from hyperdyne so it can move up and down by remote! heh heh. =P

~Thomas
Old 01-10-2008, 01:03 AM

Hey thanks guys! I've really become kind of a detail hound when it comes to Boba Fett. TDH has made me a Boba fiend.
Forgot I hadn't posted my final pics over here. Here are a couple more shots with the aluminum stalk/rangefinder in place.

And just because it's late and I'm a bit loopy, here is a totally gratuitous picture of my Yorkie, Falula.

So there!! Nyaaaaahhh!!!!
Old 01-10-2008, 07:41 AM

Ooooh man, simply beautiful!!! Can't say enough of your painting on this one! Someday, I hope to have this one in my collection. I don't care if its to be stuff into my cupboard or storeroom but gotta have this one. I love it and that is one very accurate copy of a Yorshire too? 1/1 scale? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA, sorry man, can't help it! Nice doggie!

B
Old 01-11-2008, 01:04 PM

Peagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of All

If you dont mind my askin how much does the helmet go for?

~Pete~
Old 01-11-2008, 02:44 PM

ave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud of

OH you had the aluminum stalk already.. hah! that's awesome.
Congrats my friend.. it's a great helmet.

Peagis: Helmets like this are rare. As far as I can tell this is something called a "Mystery Helmet" (a helmet that was supposedly cast off the original) there aren't that many of these circulating. Compared to helmets like the standard Don Post - it is wider - and more accurate.

MR recently came out with one. It's pretty accurate. See the pic I've attached. At the moment I forget what the "PP3" helmet is.. but whatever it is.. it's pretty accurate as well.

To briefly answer your question - a mystery helmet will run anywhere from almost $500 (unfinished) to $1000+ depending on the quality of the paint job, and accessories that you could get for it. The price fluctuates slightly because of the fact that they're rare, and the fact that MR just released their helmet.

You can get an MR helmet for slightly over $500. You can't go really wrong with the MR helmet. It looks very nice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6377752-lg.jpg (336.3 KB, 13 views)