Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > CGI, Costumes, Props, Artwork, Action Figures > Costumes and Props

Costumes and Props Costumes, Prosthetics, Props, and Makeup

Old 01-08-2008, 11:23 PM

Location: Corellia, just south of Mandalor, north of Tatooine, east of Coruscant and west of Gotham City.
Boxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant future
Default Lightsabers

Who here are into lightsabers?

Be it the MR LE, SE, even FX Lightsabers or custom made ones, commissioned ones.

Care to post your collections here?

Thanks!

B
Old 01-09-2008, 11:42 AM

ave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud of

I might as well post before people swarm in with their massive and more impressive collections.

Very Small Collection of FX sabers. I love lightsabers! I like the FX sabers because they light up, just like I aways wanted when I was a kid. The MR SE and LE sabers are great too for their accuracy (but they don't light up.. awww). They're two different worlds for two different types of collectors. Personally I like the way the colors to light up my basement a little. I never got into collecting the MR SE, or LE sabers because I like getting the "entire" set of things.. and if I started, I know I wouldn't be able to stop myself......and then that's when I start filling out the chapter 11 bankruptcy forms...

My Darth Vader and ROTJ Luke were modified to have an ultra bright LED in the hilt instead of LED's in the blade.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:20 PM

Franz Bolo is a glorious beacon of lightFranz Bolo is a glorious beacon of lightFranz Bolo is a glorious beacon of lightFranz Bolo is a glorious beacon of lightFranz Bolo is a glorious beacon of lightFranz Bolo is a glorious beacon of lightFranz Bolo is a glorious beacon of lightFranz Bolo is a glorious beacon of lightFranz Bolo is a glorious beacon of lightFranz Bolo is a glorious beacon of lightFranz Bolo is a glorious beacon of light

Here's a link to a video of the saber I made:

http://www.j6studios.com/things/RPF/stunt/stunt.mov

Here's a few parts put together for an Obiwan ANH Saber

FB
Old 01-10-2008, 12:57 AM

superjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant future

Cool! I do like sabers, although as far as SW goes, I'm more into blasters.
Here are the 3 I have in my collection.
The first 2 are Obi Wan ANH sabers. They were built from Roman's Empire parts. Here's the weathered version:

The grenade portion was done with an acrylic "rust" kit, and the grenade's windvane was chemically weathered with a solution called Blacken-It. The booster section was purchased already weathered (I think Roman used to do these with Aluminum Black), the repro Graflex clamp was weathered with a Bic lighter and a scrubby pad, and the pommel was just placed in a big ziploc bag with some gravel and shaken around some, then dragged on my concrete balcony!

And the "as first built by" version:

These parts are nice and shiny! Roman used to do great work, but he stopped manufacturing saber parts a while back to concentrate on his family and new baby.

This is my Luke ROTJ saber. Fan made machined aluminum made by a 501st guy from Italy. Very nice work.

I also have several of the MR mini-sabers. They're nicely detailed for their size!
Old 01-10-2008, 07:35 AM

Location: Corellia, just south of Mandalor, north of Tatooine, east of Coruscant and west of Gotham City.
Boxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant future

Hello Ave, wow, very nicely hanged FX there! Can see right away those are modified with luxeum! Those are Corbin blades or from Alex?

I have to agreed with you regarding the dummy hilts. I only like them noisy and bright, the louder and the brighter, the better. I am on my way to the rest of the FX. I hope to have some Parks and stuff CF cards inside with Lux 5 someday, ah someday!

FB, that is one obscene Graflex Obiwan! Beautiful! Obiwan's my absolute favourite hilt ever.

Superjedi, whhhheeewwwwww man o man! I hope RomanEmpire will make a come back one of these days. I only hear good things of his work and those you attached are simply too obscene! Fantastic indeed! I like all 3 of them shown, no, more like love it!

Thanks for sharing guys, those are amazing collections and there gotta be more guys with their lightsabers tuck somewhere. Come on guys, don't be shy!

B
Old 01-10-2008, 07:48 AM

Franz Bolo is a glorious beacon of lightFranz Bolo is a glorious beacon of lightFranz Bolo is a glorious beacon of lightFranz Bolo is a glorious beacon of lightFranz Bolo is a glorious beacon of lightFranz Bolo is a glorious beacon of lightFranz Bolo is a glorious beacon of lightFranz Bolo is a glorious beacon of lightFranz Bolo is a glorious beacon of lightFranz Bolo is a glorious beacon of lightFranz Bolo is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster View Post
FB, that is one obscene Graflex Obiwan! Beautiful! Obiwan's my absolute favourite hilt ever.
Thanks! The pommel is Stainless Steel as is the grenade and booster. The emitter is a real Rolls Royce part. I wanted a real shiny one!

FB
Old 01-10-2008, 07:56 AM

Darn, rub it in why don't ya! LOLOL, sheehs, I am so jealous! If I ever get my hands on this or similar, I like it shiny too! I saw some weathered Obiwans out there. Tho it looks nice but sometimes, people get over zealous and kinda make it looks like its been buried in mud for the last 30 years.

Superjedi's weathered Obiwan is very nicely done. Not under or over weathered too! I like that one a lot too!

If any of you guys get sick of those and want to throw it away, please throw it in my direction, LOLOL! Sorry man, can't help it! One can dream huh? But seriously, I like to have those someday. After my FX collection is complete.

Btw, FB, that is not MHS is it? You said put it together..?

B
Old 01-10-2008, 10:18 AM

Superjedi, you said blasters!!! If you got time, please share those. I am slowly and reluctantly getting into those as well. Heh heh

B
Old 01-10-2008, 10:30 AM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

I TOO love light sabers! Let me see what I can dig up in photos?

Ben... those saber battle videos you PM'd me ROCK!!

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 01-10-2008, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Btw, FB, that is not MHS is it? You said put it together..?
B
Are you talking about the video? It's a stunt saber I made and I did all the effects in Photoshop frame by frame. The original blade is just PVC.

FB
Old 01-10-2008, 10:47 AM

FB, this is embarrassing. I totally missed out the video part. LOL I am loading it now!

Kurt, please do! There are quite a lot of very good FX fights in Youtube. I try to link them up as I can find them.

B
Old 01-10-2008, 10:53 AM

Pssst, FB, got another link? Can't open up the file in my damn computer. Thanks!

B
Old 01-10-2008, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Pssst, FB, got another link? Can't open up the file in my damn computer. Thanks!

B
It's a quicktime video so you need that to view it. I need to make an FLV out of them.

The other parts for the shiny saber are a Chen Grenade and a Chen Pommel and a Serafino Booster.

FB
Old 01-11-2008, 07:54 AM

FB,

Where can I get my hands on these parts?

EDITED: Sonovergun! Those are original parts??? LOL, replicas will do me fine tho! But I think I can get the RR part if I have the model number.

As said, Obiwan's my absolute fave hilt ever! Thanks in advance!

B

Last edited by Boxster; 01-11-2008 at 07:58 AM.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:51 AM

Quote:
FB,
Where can I get my hands on these parts?
EDITED: Sonovergun! Those are original parts??? LOL, replicas will do me fine tho! But I think I can get the RR part if I have the model number.
B
The clamp and emitter are original. I have a couple real boosters and a real pommel but they aren't in that picture. Chen made the other parts. They are replicas. The original pommel was plastic.

Good Luck on the emitter. You need a WW2 RR Derwent Jet Engine first!! If you can get one, there are 9 emitters and a few IG88 heads. You'd be rich!!

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=1359

And the Booster:
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=1449

Pommel:
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=1216

Good Luck on your quest!

FB