Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > CGI, Costumes, Props, Artwork, Action Figures > Costumes and Props

Costumes and Props Costumes, Prosthetics, Props, and Makeup

Old 08-20-2008, 12:38 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God
Default JTK Crapazoid Phaser II build

Had to clean this up - I lost a lot of my pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 101_1412.jpg (40.1 KB, 36 views)

Last edited by The Cat; 07-24-2009 at 01:21 PM.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:39 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: JTK Crapazoid Phaser II build

Here's Part 2....and is quite current.

I've been working on its seams. I added in a bit more filler... you were wanting the faux P1 rails painted rather than represented by the vinyl strips - so I'm smoothing the sides more than I normally would. (The strips cover lots of sins! LOL)
Anyways, here ya have it... I'm eager to get this one finished
Dave
Old 08-20-2008, 12:49 PM
It's gonna get real now.

I think I can eventually hook a monkey up!
Old 08-20-2008, 02:15 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

Oooh, that looks like fun! Can't wait to see it all dolled up!

BTW: I think I've read that baking soda and CA is a toxic mixture? I've never done it that way but if so- please take care around that suff? Don't want the Cat to start fliiping out like that time someone lit the catnip on fire and you "accidently" inhaled too much.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:06 PM
Not to scale

robn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of All

CA and BS (that's baking soda) is an old modelers' trick. It sets it up
fast and makes it sand easy. I've never heard it was toxic.

Nice to see you doin' props again Dave, you're a phaser master

Old 08-20-2008, 03:11 PM
It's gonna get real now.

Thank you, Robn I really 'preciate that.

Feels good being back in the saddle again!
Old 07-07-2009, 10:50 AM
It's gonna get real now.

It's been a while. I have FINALLY got all my prop stuff back in one place and a studio set up!

About. Damn. TIME.!

I've almost got it where I want it: ready for Primer.

The deal is, you have to match up the 'lips' where parts join if you can even hope to get a smooth sandable surface.

The instructions would have you just slap the thing together and paint it as roughly as possible. That'd make it more realistic as regards to the filming prop but I can't do Redshirt that way! He'd come down to TN and whup me!

Here are some pics:

Old 07-10-2009, 09:57 AM

KUROK is a name known to allKUROK is a name known to allKUROK is a name known to allKUROK is a name known to allKUROK is a name known to allKUROK is a name known to allKUROK is a name known to allKUROK is a name known to allKUROK is a name known to allKUROK is a name known to allKUROK is a name known to all

Nice, Dave!

This Fall I should have some more time to work on props.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:43 PM
It's gonna get real now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUROK View Post
Nice, Dave!

This Fall I should have some more time to work on props.

Good!

You taught me everything I know - I'm wanting to see what ya build!
Old 07-10-2009, 05:10 PM

KUROK is a name known to allKUROK is a name known to allKUROK is a name known to allKUROK is a name known to allKUROK is a name known to allKUROK is a name known to allKUROK is a name known to allKUROK is a name known to allKUROK is a name known to allKUROK is a name known to allKUROK is a name known to all

Dave you are too kind. Your work has been an inspiration to me for some time now!
Actually, I'm working on a model plane for a veteran. It's a busy summer but I can't stay away from the bench too long....
Old 07-22-2009, 06:17 AM
It's gonna get real now.

Preliminary painting completed.

The Shadow Gray needs another coat, after that it'll be silver detail time:

Old 07-22-2009, 10:39 AM

Jagdson has a reputation beyond reputeJagdson has a reputation beyond reputeJagdson has a reputation beyond reputeJagdson has a reputation beyond reputeJagdson has a reputation beyond reputeJagdson has a reputation beyond reputeJagdson has a reputation beyond reputeJagdson has a reputation beyond reputeJagdson has a reputation beyond reputeJagdson has a reputation beyond reputeJagdson has a reputation beyond repute

Are you going to add the little dilithium crystal indentations just behind the collimator ring?
Old 07-22-2009, 10:46 AM
It's gonna get real now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagdson View Post
Are you going to add the little dilithium crystal indentations just behind the collimator ring?
I'm not. The 'crapazoids', or stunt props, didn't have them - they were just represented by a circle of silver paint.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:57 PM

Nice!!!!

I gotta build mine now!
The only trouble is mine has a bad trim job on one half around the handle.
I'll have to sand that and hope I have enough material...
Old 07-22-2009, 01:06 PM
It's gonna get real now.

Pictures, Vince! Pictures!