Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > General Science Fiction Discussion

General Science Fiction Discussion For all Sci-Fi Series, Books, Movies, and TV

Old 01-10-2009, 10:59 AM
Count Baltar

birdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of All
Default Just got the book Famous spaceships of fact and fantasy. Got a question.

Just got the book Famous spaceships of fact and fantasy.

Love the book. Can anyone tell me whats in the updated Famaus spaceships of fact and fantasy. What ships dose the updated book cover.

Mark
Old 01-10-2009, 12:41 PM
Not to scale

robn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of All
Default Re: Just got the book Famous spaceships of fact and fantasy. Got a question.

The first book was great. The second one featured newer ships, the TMP Enterprise,
Millennium Falcon etc. Most of the book is reprints of Finescale Modeler articles, both
being from Kalmach Publishing. OOT pictured the cover in a recent post in one of his
build threads, can't remember which.

The TMP Enterprise was a pretty sloppy build. It had visible seems, paint bleed under
the masking, and the secondary hull top piece where the nacelles attach is loose and
sticking out from the hull! I was surprised to see this in the mag, and I was absolutely
dumbfounded to see in on the cover of the book. I passed on the book, since I had
most of it in the mag already. But I guess collectors would find it worthwhile.