Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > Product Reviews

Product Reviews Got a new kit, aftermarket accessory, or anything else modeling-related? Give us a review of it in this section. We need to hear the good and the bad. Please back up what you're saying with with photos (in cases of poor quality) or references (in cases of inaccuracies).

Old 05-10-2014, 06:36 PM
A threat to all you hold dear

Location: Directly above the center of the Earth. ( Leander, TX.)
Dr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond repute
Default !/72 SSC Vega Scout Ship

In wholesome 1/72 scale!

( Apologies for the double thread post - not sure how I did that. This is the active thread. )

Monkeyworks will be bringing a new Strategic Space Command kit to Wonderfest
this year - the Vega Scout ship.

Ed was kind enough to send me an early pull - here's some images.

All Parts

Rear Deck detail

Cockpit Components

Basic appearance

I like big radiators and I cannot lie

There you have it. early impressions - Its a beauty. This kit finally does justice to one of Matt Jeffries most elegent designs. The cockpit is a little spare, but
should be fairly easy to spruce up. There are some obvious mold seams, as can be seen, but I found them really easy to clean up. The metal landing gear is
from work by Nyrath in the SSC thread "retconning the accursed club-footed scoutship. One puzzler is the cockpit cover. I may be wrong, but I think the production version will have a clear shell, which will be fairly easy to mask.

One other thing -even if the SSC is not your thing, I feel I should point out the
echos of the early Klingon Cruiser in this design.

EDIT: Took a little looking, but here's the thread referenced above:

Retcon the accursed club footed scout!
Old 05-12-2014, 10:23 AM

Joseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to all
Default Re: !/72 SSC Vega Scout Ship

I built up the first issue kit before Wonderfest 2010 - I've got a Flicker album for it here:

http://tinyurl.com/lbnkp2s

It's a nice kit; yes, I helped create it, so I'm prejudiced as all get-out.

The Club foot link requires a sign-in at SSM; Winchell Chung (Nyrath) has the SSC data up on his site at the SSC Scout 3 section here:
http://tinyurl.com/n2aktfv
Old 05-12-2014, 11:00 AM
A threat to all you hold dear

Location: Directly above the center of the Earth. ( Leander, TX.)
Dr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the assist on the link, Joe.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:34 AM

Joseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to all

"Always a nice day somewhere, sir!"