Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Figures

Figures Figure WIPs

Old 12-09-2020, 04:12 PM

srspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant future
Default Sculpted mid-century hourse statue

First time posting in this section.
Wanted to get some feedback/opinion on this sculpt. I'm creating this as a Christmas gift for my wife, so don't say anything!! She has been collecting mid-century furniture & items before it became popular and caused pricing to go through the roof. Anyway, she was was watching the program where they purchased the Brady Bunch exterior filming house and moded it to look like the sets on the inside. The big item she wanted was the iconic 2ft. tall horse statue seen in the living room. They found the original in storage and restored it. I tried to find one last year, even a smaller one, but they don't exist, or are different versions and expensive. $$$$
Soooooo, I sculpted one 6" tall, easy-peasy. ( yeah right ) Anyway, the original has all kinds of pitting & porosity on the surface, its part of the design to make it look Ancient Greek-like. I will be painting it the off-white with brown accents as the original. Right now the sculpt is clean.
Should I keep it clean or add all the porostiy? Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EEIMpOBUUAEQ6_z.jpg-large.jpg (146.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg HGTV_Brady_Bunch_Horse_3D_Scan_Truck_smalla.jpg (39.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg HGTV_Brady_Bunch_Horse_3D_Scan_Truck_smallc.jpg (38.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1481.JPG (181.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1479.JPG (158.8 KB, 7 views)
Old 12-10-2020, 04:19 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Sculpted mid-century hourse statue

Just personally speaking, I for one would try to make it look like it does on the show.
It does seem to have a fair amount of patina/aging etc on it so that would be my take.

Bloody outstanding gift idea no matter what you decide to do though
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?

Last edited by Raytheon; 12-10-2020 at 04:20 AM.
Old 12-10-2020, 04:23 AM

srspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant future

Thanks Ian!
Old 12-10-2020, 08:57 PM

I decided to make it look like the original statue, as I intended. I just needed a little push, so thanks Ian!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1493.JPG (196.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1496.JPG (167.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1499.JPG (192.1 KB, 5 views)
Old 12-16-2020, 01:48 AM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God

brilliant idea and also think to keep it like the show as much as possible.
Old 12-17-2020, 02:53 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

You're welcome Scott and that's really starting to look the part, carry on sir!
Does that count?
Old 12-19-2020, 06:12 AM

Thanks All!
I know its not a SciFi subject but the Clubhouse forum has a dedicated sculptor's section, and the whole site is in the process of moving, but I needed some feedback. I will have a build page AFTER Christmas. I used Tamiya paints and Stynylrez paints for the washes. Here is the finished horse;
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1554.JPG (149.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1556.JPG (134.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1557.JPG (147.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1563.JPG (145.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg EEIMpOBUUAEQ6_z.jpg-large copy.jpg (50.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6678-350x570 copy.jpg (51.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1566.JPG (139.3 KB, 3 views)
Old 12-21-2020, 03:11 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Nailed it Scott. Subtle work that brings out the detail in just the right way, crisply done work sir!
Does that count?
Old 12-22-2020, 08:55 AM

Thanks Ian.!
Old 12-26-2020, 08:55 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Agreed with making it look like the one in the show -- if that's the one she adores, copy that one.

Results are bang-on, great work.

-SF
Old 12-27-2020, 06:55 PM

TY!