Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Military

Military Military WIPs

Old 11-17-2008, 10:41 AM
Banned

talon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of All
Default Re: 1/350 USS North Carolina - a happy mistake

that sucks. from what I've seen PE is not cheap
Old 11-17-2008, 12:45 PM
Eats Roots,Shoots and Leaves

Wombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati God

Dude,sorry ta hear that.
That really does suck like the others have mentioned.
Do ya best ta bring her back mate,i'm sure ya can get her scrubbed up again.
It's more a time thing thats the bummer from how i look at it,ya can replace the PE (some expense) but the time and work you'll have ta go through again!
Lets not try and even up that score though!!
Old 11-17-2008, 01:47 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Thankya, Wombat.

Damage report:

Mainmast: Destroyed
Foremast: Destroyed
Turrets 1 and 3: Heavily damaged
Forward Mk37 5" director: Damaged - radar destroyed
Aft Mk37 Director: MIA
Forward Superstructure: Moderate damage in Citadel area
Aft Superstructure: Light Damage - railings destroyed
Hull: Moderate damage. Cracks along deck line and chip knocked out of stem. Several bilge drain pipes bent and need replacing.
Aircraft Crane and one Boat Crane Destroyed*

* 5" batteries and center superstructure were not on ship at the time of Melvinic Air Force attack.

* A very damn good friend of mine, upon finding out that I had ordered the GMM brass set as a supplement to the Eduard, insinuated that:

1. My parents were not legally married at the time of my birth
2. One or more of my parents may not have been entirely human
3. My maternal parental unit** supplements her income by copulating for cash
4. My - and by extension my parents' - diets consist largely of fermented camel dung
5. I have continued and frequent intercourse with not just one but both my parents as well as animals that no self-respecting farmer would allow in his barn
6. That, morally speaking, Yours Truly ranks among the lowest of all Earth's inhabitants, past, present, and future

** At no time during this discourse did my friend ever accuse my maternal parent of being human.

To this I say:

PTOOIE!

The good thing is that the destroyed cranes, the Mk37's radar, and much of the railing can be replaced by the GMM set I have incoming.

Problem is, I don't think there are any good replacement mast platforms in that set............
Old 11-17-2008, 01:55 PM
Banned

talon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of All

Shields at 13% and falling, damage on decks 4-9, 12-14, hull breeches on decks 5, 6, 8, 13. Phasers disabled, forward torpedo launchers destroyed, aft launchers disabled. Warp core breech in 45 seconds, ejecting core...
Old 11-17-2008, 02:04 PM
Model Psycho

Damien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of All

Aww man!!
Sorry to hear that Cat
That really sucks dude
Glad to hear she is salvageable though.............But man
Old 11-17-2008, 04:41 PM
Chef in Training

Talen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond repute

damn...that floor had some big guns
Old 11-17-2008, 05:22 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

Cat,
You are my friend.
Words fail me at this time of loss.

I have faith that you WILL PERSEVERE.

I take back none of those things I said about you before but offer them as basis as to why this too shall not break you!
Call me if there is actually anything I can do to somehow help?
Old 11-17-2008, 06:09 PM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God
Unhappy Re: 1/350 USS North Carolina - a happy mistake

Shit Cat, sorry to hear this.... Hope you keep the thread going, it's a great build!
Old 11-17-2008, 06:35 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 View Post
Shit Cat, sorry to hear this.... Hope you keep the thread going, it's a great build!
Don't forget Trip, cats have nine lives!
He may be down for a bit but that fat lady has not sung!
Old 11-17-2008, 06:54 PM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God
Wink Re: 1/350 USS North Carolina - a happy mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDuck View Post
but that fat lady has not sung!
Hopefully the fat bitch isn't even out of bed!
Old 11-18-2008, 04:09 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

SitRep:

Hull structure repaired, cracks patched, sanded and repainted. Deformed bilge pipes removed.

O-1 level deck: Repaired.

Main and O-1 decks: received wash job to accentuate deck planking.

Anchor chain replaced with more accurate, Duck-recommended chain.

Informed house flooring that the next time it damaged one of my warships, its wooden ass was going to be made into MULCH.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:53 AM
Eats Roots,Shoots and Leaves

Wombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati God

Ok,thats more like it!
Thats some betta news dude,good ta hear she's on the mend again there!
It wont be long at this rate and she'll be back ta where she already was and sitting there on display for ya and Mrs Cat to enjoy!!

I think the floor will be thinking twice about after the mulch threat!!!

Good stuff buddy,carry on!!
Old 11-19-2008, 05:52 AM
FOUNDING FATHER

I think 'mulch' was actually more humane than threatening to make the whole floor into your scratching post? Endless agony versus a quick total death?

I do not think the floor will fuck with you again!

Way to go Kitty-San!
Old 11-19-2008, 06:59 AM

Peagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of All

Glad to hear it cat!

~Pete~
Old 11-25-2008, 12:55 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Foremast.

This was the area that took the brunt of the impact and was destroyed. The only salvageable part was the platform, and I replaced the rest.

I think I may keep this part in my SAFE until I get the rest of the ship completed!!!

Also, please note the brand of masking tape I use.......