Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Resin Illuminati > Board Rules and Guidelines

Board Rules and Guidelines Look here for all things related to posting and the rules thereof

Old 11-11-2016, 10:38 AM
More dangerous than I look!

zysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati God
Default Tapatalk

Can I get responses from anyone who uses Tapatalk on a mobile device for accessing RI?

Just found out that in January, Apple will require all apps to communicate using encrypted SSL only. That means new builds of Tapatalk will require forums to have SSL support, which RI does not.

We can look into adding SSL support, but it's likely to cost $100+ per year. Need to weigh the cost/benefit ratio.

I am personally a Tapatalk user, and would hate to lose it.
Old 11-11-2016, 01:09 PM

Goose64666 New face in the crowd
Default Re: Tapatalk

Still using tapatalk on android

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk
Old 11-11-2016, 02:44 PM
The Kiwi

Location: Out there. Thataway. New Zealand actually. The country Universal Studios left off their globe...
Jim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to behold

I get Tapatalk notifications for RI but I don't actually use it to check or send posts.
Old 11-11-2016, 11:51 PM

Rondie is on a distinguished road

I use tapatalk as well. SSL can cost, but if you look into letsencrypt you'll find they can deliver free SSL certificates.
Old 11-12-2016, 12:19 PM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

I have been unable to figure out how to use tapatalk on my iPhone. I mainly post via my laptop and will occasionally view posts from my phone.
Old 11-14-2016, 08:15 AM

zysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondie View Post
I use tapatalk as well. SSL can cost, but if you look into letsencrypt you'll find they can deliver free SSL certificates.
I had previously looked into letsencrypt. They are different in that they issue short term certificates, and then you install an automated bot that renews it periodically.

However, their platform support is limited, primarily for Linux. I did find a beta app for IIS on Windows, but RI runs on Apache on Windows. I'm not sure if that can be made to work.

If anyone knows more, please let me know.

Assuming we find a solution, I'll be glad to help you get it working, AdmiralBuck.
Old 11-14-2016, 01:55 PM

Ok, googled around a bunch and found a guy that wrote a script for letsencrypt. After several hours of futzing, I got it to request and install a certificate. I've converted the TapaTalk settings to use SSL, so we'll be good when Apple makes their change.

I'll also look into having the web site redirect to SSL, since it's more secure and safer.

The only thing I'm not sure of is if the certificate will auto-renew in January like it's supposed to, or if I'll have to futz with it again. We'll wait and see.
Old 11-14-2016, 03:52 PM
Loose canon with a loose screw

MHaz1701 New face in the crowd

This reminds me, I need to check into Vagabond's certificates. If there are any issues come January, let me know and I'll see if I can add an extra SSL certificate for RI.
Old 02-03-2017, 01:11 PM

Well, it came time for renewal, and it didn't work. After a shitload of research, it appears that the renew functionality in letsencrypt-win-simple version 1.9 is broken. It works in version 1.8, but 1.8 doesn't support SANs, meaning I cant put both resinilluminati.com and www.resinilluminati.com on the same certificate with that version.

So, I just used 1.9 to request a completely new cert rather than a renewal. This just means that every 90 days or so, I have to remember to go do that, since it's not automated.

No big deal. Really just posting for the couple of guys who seemed interested and might be using LetsEncrypt somewhere else.