Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Figures

Figures Figure WIPs

Old 02-09-2017, 11:21 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God
Default Kit Kongs Mansion Armour Annie WWII pin-up 1/8th

Here's a brand new one to me, saw her on the Clubhouse and did the dosh deal on his eBay store.
10 piece bit of resin cast fun and liked the subject matter so why the hell not.

Site WIP page 1.
http://www.ianlawrencemodels.com/wiparmourannie.html

Parts pics.

Crisp on the cast and detail.

And with permission from the man, one of the pics posted to the clubhouse by the producer so you can see what she looks like when she pulls herself together.

Not bad eh?
More to come!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Imag7480.jpg (86.4 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Raytheon; Today at 11:31 AM.
Old 08-11-2017, 08:56 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Kit Kongs Mansion Armour Annie WWII pin-up 1/8th

Right then, update time finally and making a start with this lass. Not a huge amount done so far but well on the way.

Page 2, Display Base Construction And Detailing.
http://www.ianlawrencemodels.com/wiparmourannie2.html

Thread pics or the edited highlights so to speak...

The base as is.

And with some styrene and brass added.

The hatch handles and periscope guards in 1.5mm brass rod with a bit of soldering required.

The gun barrel was a solid cast piece.

With the help of a couple of things...

It wasn't solid anymore.

Long story short, brass tube glued inside to strengthen against droop, sort of rifling scribed in to the muzzle, assembled with the mantlet and side plates.

Welding marks on the driver/co-driver hatch hasps, a goodly lick of primer and done as done as needs be thus far.

So onward with the main event but that's for next time.
Go easy out there gang!
Old 08-11-2017, 10:20 AM
More dangerous than I look!

zysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raytheon View Post
Long story short, brass tube glued inside to strengthen against droop, sort of rifling scribed in to the muzzle, assembled with the mantlet and side plates.
How in the world did you do that?!? It looks awesome.
Old 08-11-2017, 11:42 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

It does look the part. Thing that had me going is that it was pretty much a one shot deal, if I screwed it up then fill in and leave smooth which was a problem I could do without so teeth gritting time and then some. The deal went as follows: pencil marked the muzzle with 24 roughly equally divided marks. Trust me that these days, roughly in the right place is the best I can do but anyway.

Next was an old wooden mitre block to help hold the barrel still and keep it close to the bench surface, scriber in hand and able to rest that on the bench then got to it.

Thankfully the bore was big enough to get a scriber down the barrel so scratching thing lined up on one mark, slide inside the barrel, hold firm and pull back, repeat, rotate barrel to next mark and continue until done.

Ream out muzzle with same drill bit used to make the bore in the first place, thankfully I had a rotary grindstone bit that was a snug fit down the muzzle so that got a few runs down it at low revs, a good brush out to get shot of resin dust and it was a done thingy.

It gives a half decent impression of rifling and I'm happy with it so calling that bugger a win and moving on with the rest of it

Last edited by Raytheon; 08-11-2017 at 11:43 PM.
Old 08-12-2017, 08:25 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

And the afternoon display base paintwork went better than expected...which makes a change.

I do believe I'm actually getting somewhere, there's a concept.
Later all!
Old 08-12-2017, 10:10 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

The fact that you hollowed out that barrel with a hand drill has me gobsmacked!!!!

Outstanding!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 08-13-2017, 04:40 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Thanks George. To be honest mate, sometimes I prefer doing that kinda thing by hand. I could have slapped it in the lathe and done it that way but you can't get the 'feel' for what's happening as the bit is working it's way through the resin.

Well that and I didn't want to fuck about filling and sanding the jaw piece dents that would have happened as well so call it a chicken out to some degree but it worked in the end so all good
Old 08-13-2017, 06:17 AM

zysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati God

Thanks for the detailed description of the process! Looks even better with paint on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-13-2017, 10:56 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Not a problem my friend!
Right update time but not much more than you have already seen.

Page 3, Display Base Finishing, Figure Start And Modifications.
http://www.ianlawrencemodels.com/wiparmourannie3.html

Figure modified ever so slightly. Trigger on the Thompson was relief cast so the bits in front and behind the trigger got removed.

Goggles hollowed out and material on the shirt cut back slightly so it's not meeting the skin at 90 degrees.

Seam lines dealt with then all parts given a goodly scrub, air dried and primer applied.

So left to do:
Brass pins to all the joints for some extra insurance,
Paint flesh tones and likewise larking about,
Assembly,
Paint clothing,
Add clear styrene to the goggles,
Paint the hair,
Add sling to the Thompson,
Decide whether or not to give the gal a set of dog tags,
Finish!

Any and all of the above subject to change

Later all!

Last edited by Raytheon; 08-13-2017 at 11:03 AM.
Old 08-14-2017, 05:34 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of light

Looks fantastic; and "yes" to dog tags. Maybe photoetch?
Old 08-16-2017, 02:50 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Thanks SCI-FI and noted on the dig tags. I have some 5thou" steel that will most likely get a dip in the etching tank so we'll see what happens.
On the paint front, failing eyesight and fine motor skills didn't help but after 2 hours, her face is done...

Now onward to the rest lords save us all
Old Today, 11:31 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

OK, update proper time!
Page 4, Figure Flesh Tones And Detail Painting.
http://www.ianlawrencemodels.com/wiparmourannie4.html

Pics as usual...

Arm with Thompson shaded and MG painted with added sling swivels.

Arms attached.

Helmet painted and clear styrene lenses added.

One more update to the finish methinks!
Old Today, 12:45 PM

Very nice! Is she going to get a manicure, or natural nails?
Old Today, 04:20 PM
The Kiwi

Location: Out there. Thataway. New Zealand actually. The country Universal Studios left off their globe...
Jim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to behold

Oh baby...!