Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 01-18-2013, 07:41 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Randy Cooper Star Destroyer commission for Dao2 by dtssyst

It's one of my goals to someday have a good SD kit, and when I get one, I plan to use this thread as a guide.

Thanks for sharing!!!
Old 01-18-2013, 08:30 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Damn cool!

And she looks heavy....

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 01-18-2013, 09:58 PM

79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God

Awesome work!! I've always want to get one of RC SD kits.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:18 AM

dtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud of

Thanks guys.

It is an awesome kit. I am happy to say that I was able to get one for myself. Not sure when I will build mine as I keep getting request to build star destroyers for others.

Neb, That's what she said... lol
About 8 pounds of resin so it is a heavy kit just out of the box.

To whomever does get the kit, make sure that all the parts are there. I was missing the garbage area part thingy and crane for the hanger bay and for Dao's kit I was missing the crane. Sent RC an email and RC had the missing parts to me in less than a week.

Special shout out about RC...
I have read a few not so positive things about the SD that he offers and all I can say is that they are unjust. His turnaround time was extraordinary. My kit was received about two weeks after payment was sent. He has been very helpful and responsive to all emails. The two SD kits that I have seen in person (my kit and Dao's kit) are cast very well. I thank him for a job well done.

Last edited by dtssyst; 01-19-2013 at 07:38 AM.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:50 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

That's good to know about RC----over the years I have seen him get knocked about a little. I always remind myself that most of the time it's the inadequacies of that particular modeler that leads to the complaint...

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 01-19-2013, 03:53 PM

dtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud of

I ran a lot of fibers today on the upper hull and decided to take a break from that and work on the guns.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dao 18.jpg (1.51 MB, 66 views)

Last edited by dtssyst; 01-19-2013 at 05:31 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:42 PM

Just a little bit to do. I hope to start painting in a few days.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dao 19.jpg (1.06 MB, 65 views)
Old 02-16-2013, 06:46 AM

79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God

Looking GOOD!!!!
Old 02-18-2013, 08:52 AM

cosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud of

yes, looking very good!
Old 02-18-2013, 11:17 AM

Hackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond repute

Wow very nice! Reminds me of the time as i built mine.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:16 AM

Almost done, Just a lot of panels to paint, fibers to trim and then glue on the antenna (don't want it to break).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dao 20.jpg (1.08 MB, 56 views)
Old 02-27-2013, 11:32 AM

That looks GREAT!!!!
Old 03-14-2013, 09:08 AM

It is finished.
I will take more and better photos when I can and before I hand it over to Dao2.

There are some things that could be better but as any builder, I see every flaw no matter the size.
It was a great build and I even learned a few things from it. Someday, I will build my kit. However, I think I am going to go a different route as I am getting burnt out on star destroyers and resin.

I am thinking about putting all current builds on hold (such as the SS x-wing, SS tie fighter, Jupiter 2) and do some wood work.

HMS Victory anyone? I have always wanted to build something like it. It will be a HUGE challenge not to mention a huge kit (about 4' long). The ship will be for my personal collection and I want to do it in about a year. It will be painted to replicate the full version and also have a copper tiled hull. I will have a build thread on another forum. I can put one on this site if anyone is interested.

I would like to thank everyone for watching this Cooper build. I know I did not post many photos or videos. I can tell you that I took a lot of photos to document the build to use as reference on my personal kit. I may do one last video before I hand the replica over to Dao2.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dao 22.jpg (1.77 MB, 40 views)

Last edited by dtssyst; 03-14-2013 at 09:40 AM.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:32 AM

Finished photos have been posted in the Finished Models Thread.

Thanks for watching.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dao2 Finished8.JPG (835.7 KB, 39 views)
Old 03-26-2013, 01:54 AM

Hackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond repute

LOL She looks camouflaged compared to the wall behind.

Very nice!!