Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 04-10-2013, 09:27 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: 1:350 Fantastic Plastic Botany Bay

Sadly, I didn't go to soldering school.

You should see the soldering job on my 1/350 TOS "E". It's hilarious!

I am getting better though....

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 04-10-2013, 10:30 AM

tsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by R L Bleecker View Post
Crap, dude! I had to scuff the brass, brush on flux and let it.... flow! I'm just glad I went to solder school, LOL!

you need to get your hands on this stuff. i have used it on every model boat i have built since 1983, and i will never ever use anything else.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXFS75&P=FR

i have used it for all manner of structural soldering, brass to brass, brass to piano wire, piano wire to piano wire. It has to be the flux, its amazing stuff.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:55 AM

clancampbell has a spectacular aura aboutclancampbell has a spectacular aura aboutclancampbell has a spectacular aura aboutclancampbell has a spectacular aura about

Great work, Bob!

I'm with neb, i never went to solder school.....some of my electrical work is, frankly, horrific!

Rich
Old 04-15-2013, 05:25 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

My first solder school was 11th grade Vo-Tech electronics - I gpt in trouble for smashing old tubes (valves) and the instructor made me write a 14 page report on how to solder.

On the plus side, tube (valve) guts made wonderful greeblies for models...

On the minus side, HOW THE HELL DO YOU WRITE 14 PAGES ON SOLDERING? WITHOUT duplication....and without contrasting good ole rosin-core solder with similarly-shaped materials....like licorice, for instance?!? Short answer... YOU CAN'T!
Old 04-15-2013, 09:17 AM
Goldmember

R L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati God

Oh good lord, Dave... I don't see how either! Updates... the ship is almost ready for paint. I actually had to make 5 screens and not four, because the first was too large. There's still some sanding to do here and there. Most of the filling is done and the requested detail pieces that weren't on the kit have been added, namely some plumbing and the cargo pod clamps ( not too visible in these pictures ) on top of the visible cargo pods. Should be painting by tomorrow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0395.JPG (1.91 MB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0398.JPG (3.30 MB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0399.JPG (1.57 MB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0403.JPG (3.40 MB, 15 views)
Old 04-15-2013, 09:18 AM
Goldmember

R L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati God

Tsenecal... thanks for the link and info! Will definitely look into this!
Old 04-15-2013, 09:39 AM
the many faces one

Moorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond repute

so...yer getting a classic car huh....what is it?
displaying member of http://www.avenuewestgallery.org/
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 04-15-2013, 09:42 AM
Goldmember

I was looking at a 64 Falcon coupe, but I think I might hold off for another year before going in on an old car. Still will look at it, but haven't made a final decision.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:56 PM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

Damn, a Falcon coupe is a VERY desirable car here and not easy to find. As a Ford nut, I'd jump at the chance to own one. White with the red interior thanks, nice little Windsor small block up front and I'd be happy for life.

http://www.motoring.com.au/advice/20...xm-coupe-35495

Mike

Last edited by LastBattlestar; 04-15-2013 at 04:58 PM.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:36 PM
Goldmember

Ok... got it in primer. Major construction is done. Some additional details were added like the six thrust nozzles seen on the CG model, but absent from the original filming miniature. My client and I agreed to a 'hybrid' Botany Bay combining aspects of both.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0405.JPG (3.50 MB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0413.JPG (3.19 MB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0415.JPG (3.05 MB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0417.JPG (3.08 MB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0418.JPG (3.52 MB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0419.JPG (3.06 MB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0420.JPG (3.35 MB, 13 views)
Old 04-22-2013, 08:21 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

That is looking sharp, Bob.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:28 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

What Dave said! Those screens look fabulous!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
Old 04-23-2013, 09:03 AM
Goldmember

Much appreciated! Today the display stand was finished. It's made of multiple pieces of wood and is heavy for its size. Later on today, I'll get to the actual painting of the BB.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0421.JPG (5.55 MB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0424.JPG (6.38 MB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0425.JPG (3.12 MB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0426.JPG (3.34 MB, 4 views)
Old 04-23-2013, 01:29 PM
Goldmember

Initial paint.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0427.JPG (2.72 MB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0428.JPG (3.13 MB, 11 views)
Old 04-23-2013, 03:36 PM
My ass is itchy...

Excellent work Goldmember Bleeker.