Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Anime

Anime Anime WIPs

Old 02-01-2009, 07:44 AM

JohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant future
Default Re: EDF Intercepor upgrade WIP

Tiberious and All: A correction. That website is not my work.
It is a website that passed to me from a fellow modeler
from a now defunked modeleing site.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:46 AM

79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God

I agree CanisD i think the second season was a better one the fleet battles were done really good.

Anyway sorry to get off topic so any updates on the EDF Intercepor.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:30 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

It's UPDATE DAY, I'm so happy!
So - I started getting color on the 'old girl.'

I think I did alright, though there was some 'pebbling' with the blue. I may have sprayed on too much too fast or it had an adverse effect with the undercoat.

Anyway...

P.S. Thanks for the tip Mech!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Interceptor306.jpg (99.2 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg Interceptor303.jpg (120.0 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Interceptor304a.jpg (137.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Interceptor305.jpg (109.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Interceptor307.jpg (113.2 KB, 47 views)
Old 02-14-2009, 12:49 AM

79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God

Looking GOOD!! Can't wait to see the next update.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:43 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future
Default Re: EDF Intercepor upgrade

Next update!!
I had some trouble with the aforementioned 'pebbling.' It happened again when I tried a white trim. I'm going to practice some more with thinner/paint ratios!!

It was a good opportunity though to go to all flat paints and a darker blue. Also new railings, as the old ones didn't survive the strip-down to bare plastic. But, back on course again!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Interceptorredu4.jpg (65.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Interceptorredu3.jpg (96.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Interceptorredu2.jpg (116.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Interceptorredu.jpg (100.8 KB, 34 views)
Old 03-02-2009, 06:39 PM

Nother update!

Almost dun! Just a few touch-ups, some decals and POOF, finished!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF9537.jpg (90.3 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9538.jpg (138.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9540.jpg (67.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9541.jpg (66.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9542.jpg (63.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9543.jpg (65.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9544.jpg (73.8 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9545.jpg (83.8 KB, 26 views)
Old 03-03-2009, 10:18 AM

COOL!!! That looks outstanding!!
Old 12-30-2010, 09:05 AM

Scratchawan Learner is a jewel in the roughScratchawan Learner is a jewel in the roughScratchawan Learner is a jewel in the roughScratchawan Learner is a jewel in the roughScratchawan Learner is a jewel in the roughScratchawan Learner is a jewel in the rough

Nicely done. I think that the inclusion of the rails, to reinforce scale perception, as done on "regular" ocean ship models, was a masterstroke. Railings definitely add something extra, to a ship model's believability. (no matter what the subject is) What a gorgeous build! As a Starblazers fan, I'm biased...but your build quality is fantastic. You've detailed her well, and the substitution of the "Blackbird" exhaust, was inspired genius. Fit of that exhaust is so good, I never realized that it wasn't an original kit part. Again, I LOVE the base you've chosen for this build...just like the base you used for your VF-00. Don't know where you got them at...but I'd love to have a few, for projects of my own.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:23 PM

Thank you very much!
The base is part of a cheap transforming toy I bought at Big Lots a couple of years ago. Haven't seen them since. Best guess is it was a Transformer knock-off.

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/