Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Military

Military Military WIPs

Old 10-02-2017, 12:13 PM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of
Default Re: 1/350 HMS Warspite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCI-FI View Post
Wow, that's fantastic. I love the look of ocean staining on the foreword deck.
Thanks! A little oil wash goes a long way.

Detail work continues with brass railing and some embellishment of the ship's cranes. I used bits of styrene, watch parts and even some leftover Refit cargo pod PE. Gotta get Trek in there somewhere. I also used black fly tying thread on the crane cable.

Old 10-03-2017, 08:50 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of light

Just gorgeous work.
All of this insane attention to detail makes me hope you do a cutaway starship, with lights and figures. Effectively a David Kimble cutaway in 3D.

-SF
Old 10-24-2017, 07:11 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Warspite update as fitting out continues with rigging and other small deck details.

Rigging with fly tying thread.

Makeshift stair rails from brass wire. Super ugly.

Anchors and metal chains installed.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 10-24-2017 at 11:26 AM.
Old 10-24-2017, 06:50 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

The colors and weathering on that are looking great.

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 10-25-2017, 01:22 PM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
The colors and weathering on that are looking great.
Thanks a bunch Tiberious! I think we're on the final stretch.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:00 PM

Vidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really nice

You’ve done an exquisite job pushing paint m8,

Tracy
Old 10-26-2017, 09:12 AM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidar710 View Post
You’ve done an exquisite job pushing paint m8,

Tracy
Thanks! I am a pusher of paint.
Old 11-13-2017, 11:05 AM
All ahead full

More weekend progress of W brings her to 95% completed with the addition of PE railings and rigging. Everything is now glued down permanently with the exception of her 40mm AA guns. An acrylic case is being custom made, a plaque and the usual base work. The temporary brass stands are being replaced and will have magnets mounted to correspond to the ones inside the hull.

Old 11-13-2017, 02:30 PM
The Kiwi

Location: Out there. Thataway. New Zealand actually. The country Universal Studios left off their globe...
Jim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to behold

That's exquisite work Bill. I love the weathering.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:21 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of light

*Applause*

That's gorgeous!
Old 11-13-2017, 08:30 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Absolutely! Great work. Now get that cast STAT before something bad happens.

Old 11-14-2017, 08:07 AM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim NCC1701A View Post
That's exquisite work Bill. I love the weathering.
Thanks Jim, it's my favorite thing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCI-FI View Post
*Applause*

That's gorgeous!
Thank you very much SCI!

Quote:
Absolutely! Great work. Now get that cast STAT before something bad happens.
Thanks! Hah! I don't think I'll be casting this.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:17 AM

Sorry, mis-type... should have been case, not cast...

Old 11-14-2017, 10:23 AM
All ahead full

Quote:
Sorry, mis-type... should have been case, not cast...
Ah! I should have caught that. Absolutely! It bothers me that I don't already have a safe place to keep it.
Old 11-15-2017, 06:28 AM
All ahead full

Inspection team has arrived from Tycho. The Admiral is excited about this full scale re-creation of the famous vessel.