Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 03-19-2008, 05:05 PM
Goldmember

R L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati God

Oooh. This one has me excite-a-pated!
Old 03-21-2008, 06:35 PM

NemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=Vos;30157]

As I am trying to bash this out relatively quickly I fear it may not be up to standard and will have certain things that could be improved upon, things that will bug people.

I wouldn't worry about what might bug people, you're doing a fantastic job. Your detailing is very good and I'd say you're hitting the mark dead on. Keep up the great work. The only thing I can see that you could do to improve on your model is to mechanize the wings. Any chance of that? Otherwise awesome job!

-NemVia-
Old 03-26-2008, 03:22 PM

Vos is a glorious beacon of lightVos is a glorious beacon of lightVos is a glorious beacon of lightVos is a glorious beacon of lightVos is a glorious beacon of lightVos is a glorious beacon of lightVos is a glorious beacon of lightVos is a glorious beacon of lightVos is a glorious beacon of lightVos is a glorious beacon of lightVos is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks guys. I made some good progress today.

Here is the main body inner structure under construction:

Test fitted with the wings:

And in flight mode:

I can see a handful of things that will need to be improved upon in v2. I am going to have to seriously rethink the main body if it is going to be made specifically for reproduction in resin. What I have done is fine for a one-off.

I won't be mechanising the wings on this model. I just don't have the time.

Cheers

Neil
Old 03-26-2008, 03:55 PM
Banned

REL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati God

This is one of the nicest things I've seen in a long time.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:40 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

Neil!!!

THIS is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vos View Post

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 03-26-2008, 09:03 PM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God
Thumbs up

very cool. Where is it being built?
Old 03-27-2008, 08:33 AM
I'm my own Grandpa.

starwarsdoc is a name known to allstarwarsdoc is a name known to allstarwarsdoc is a name known to allstarwarsdoc is a name known to allstarwarsdoc is a name known to allstarwarsdoc is a name known to allstarwarsdoc is a name known to allstarwarsdoc is a name known to allstarwarsdoc is a name known to allstarwarsdoc is a name known to allstarwarsdoc is a name known to all

Awesome work. I sure hope you find the time to kit this wonderful piece after your show. How big will it be with the wings down? Thanks so much!
Old 03-27-2008, 08:44 AM

Location: Corellia, just south of Mandalor, north of Tatooine, east of Coruscant and west of Gotham City.
Boxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant future

That is freaking sweet work I say! Damn nice!

There are other sort of models/people in the background of the photos...

B
Old 03-27-2008, 09:04 AM

Peagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of All

Awesome!
Old 03-27-2008, 02:33 PM

Vos is a glorious beacon of lightVos is a glorious beacon of lightVos is a glorious beacon of lightVos is a glorious beacon of lightVos is a glorious beacon of lightVos is a glorious beacon of lightVos is a glorious beacon of lightVos is a glorious beacon of lightVos is a glorious beacon of lightVos is a glorious beacon of lightVos is a glorious beacon of light

At a university just outside London. (University of Hertfordshire)

Starwarsdoc,
It is around 26" tall in flight mode.

Boxter,
They are other students working on their projects. Its empty in the studio at the moment because of the Easter break. Only the hardcore are in working.

Tiny update:

Cheers

Neil
Old 03-27-2008, 05:05 PM
Banned

REL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati God

Wonderful, I don't know what else to say LOL. Are you going to make landing gear and bays?
Old 03-28-2008, 02:53 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

If that's what you can build at uni for a project, I'm gonna go back to school!

That shuttle is just beautiful. Now for the hard part: the command section. You'll do just fine!

Mike, Oz
Old 03-30-2008, 02:22 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

Niel... this is wonderful!

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 03-30-2008, 06:18 PM

manjp is infamous around these partsmanjp is infamous around these partsmanjp is infamous around these partsmanjp is infamous around these partsmanjp is infamous around these partsmanjp is infamous around these partsmanjp is infamous around these partsmanjp is infamous around these partsmanjp is infamous around these partsmanjp is infamous around these partsmanjp is infamous around these parts

This is really crafsmanship like Richard isn't it?I took a lot of pictures of this studio model.
If you need please let me know the area you wish to see.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:25 AM

Peagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of All

Very nice!!