Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 02-28-2009, 06:06 PM
Eats Roots,Shoots and Leaves

Wombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati God
Default We Move Anywhere

Well heres something a little different for myself in that i normally buy kit's to build not steal bit's from.
This is hopefully going to look like Colonial Movers when i'm done,and i did say hopefully!!

The reason for doing this i blame on my friend Tom.He was already talking of building one for himself and asked if i could get some pic's of Mike's CM next time i seen him.Well,after looking at Mikes and seeing what is used to build one i had this idea that i also might be up to building one as well.
So that became two of us going ta build a SS CM.
Then Mike introduced us to Dave who is already building one so now there is three of us doing it although Dave is well down the track with his and Tom and myself are just starting out.

Well with this build it's like just about every other BSG/SW build in that it requires the Airfix Saturn V.Infact it requires five of them kits to get the cone part that make up the ends of the modules.
This lead me to getting a casted set of these as buying five of these kit's just ain't in the budget.I had some great news today saying they were ready to be posted.So soon i'll really be able to start assembling it.

I'd like to thank my fellow CM builders,we make a good team between us?

I'd like to thank also a few people just for getting me heading down the right track.Mike and Sean for there bit's of assistance with me pestering about parts,measurments and stuff.
Dave,who is doing some castings for me as he does them for his build.He's been a great help already and i plan on returning the favour.
Finally theres our friend Mark Dickson,who has been an incredible help not only with the parts ID but also his generosity of some parts required for the build and not just for myself,but for our whole CM group.
Mark has pointed out some things with the CM that i'd never noticed or knew before and thanks to that info i should hopefully have a CM looking how it was when Apogee built her.

Anyway,after all that heres where i'm at.The armature is just 20mm steel pipe with cut down rod joiners for the four mount points.This is my second one,i always like doing things twice.
Three Exterior Post Vans are done and i have two more on there way.The Reefer Van is done and i have my plastruct pipe and have been accumilating a shit load of kit's required for the build.

So with the news today of the Saturn V cone parts heading down here soon,it should be some slow but steady progress in the near future.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2009_0804CM0008.JPG (522.2 KB, 80 views)

Last edited by Wombat; 08-05-2009 at 05:49 AM.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:53 PM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation
Default Re: We Move Anywhere

Sweet! Looks like you're off to a great start, Phil!

BTW, nice lookin' dog! What's his/her name and breed?

Itís advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you donít know!
Old 02-28-2009, 09:05 PM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

Looking good so far Phil. Keep pestering us. It's cool to see the info and experience being handed down from one Movers generation to the next. The models get better and better too, so you're in luck!

My favourite part was weathering the containers. All those pretty colours and TONS of grease, grime, laser burns, rust, dents and scratches. Just lovely!

Griff, his name is Russ and he's an Australian Red Heeler. The red model of the Mad Max mutt, basically. Don't try and steal stuff from Phil's house.

Mike, Oz
Old 02-28-2009, 10:55 PM

Wombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati God

^
Thanks Guy's,my glueing sure ain't the greatest as ya can see but i guess i'm lucky that the CM is one worn,dirty looking ship.It's sure gonna help hide my crappy work.
This won't be a 100% accurate build,but i hope ta have it looking as close as possible without blowing a fortune and then of course my eye for detail and correctness ain't the best either.

Well Mike,as long as ya don't mind dude,i'm sure i got more pestering left?
The weathering will be fun and ya did a great job on yours there mate.

OK,heres what i've been playing with today,it's the main part of the sensor that hangs off the side of the Command Module section.I have the Arado piece for the front and am awaiting the bit that goes between the both.
The antenna part is still a little confusing to me though.Mark mentioned it is different now to what it originally was in the show and finding any good reference on it has turned up very little.So this part i might have to use a bit of artistic license as they say.

2009_0301BSG0006.JPG 2009_0301BSG0007.JPG 2009_0301BSG0011.JPG
Old 03-01-2009, 01:05 AM
El Guapo

dbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of All

Phil,

Don't sell yourself short. This is going to be a fantastic piece when you get it done. I'm sure you're having a blast. I look forward to seeing more....

-Doug
Old 03-01-2009, 01:31 AM
suki5150

suki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of All

Fantastic job Phil. I'd love to do one of these too. Moving along nice there. What's your lovely dogs name. Thought, at a glance he looked like "Mad Max's" dog but a different colour.

Cheers,
Chris.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:46 AM

fluke is a splendid one to beholdfluke is a splendid one to beholdfluke is a splendid one to beholdfluke is a splendid one to beholdfluke is a splendid one to beholdfluke is a splendid one to beholdfluke is a splendid one to beholdfluke is a splendid one to beholdfluke is a splendid one to beholdfluke is a splendid one to beholdfluke is a splendid one to behold

Hey M8T! Thats looking rather cool! Good idea.

I like the Dog in the pic...what breed is he or she?
Old 03-01-2009, 04:06 AM
Model Psycho

Damien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of All

Hey good start there Phil!!
Looking good!
Shit man you have a head start on me already
Casting/mold making is going to slow me down a bit
I still just can't bring myself to cut up a vintage/hard to find kit
I guess it is the collector side in me
Now the other kits that are easy to obtain I'll have no problems!!

Tom
Old 03-01-2009, 04:50 AM

Thanks for the encouraging words there gang!

Doug,i've got me fingers crossed that it'll turn out alright mate.This is something totally new ta me.I normally just glue someone elses hard work together.

Chirs and fluke,the dog is an Australian Cattle Dog,also called Heelers,his name is Russ and he just turned 8 a couple of weeks ago.They come in Red or Blue hence the name Red Heeler or Blue Heeler.
Good eye also Chris,the dog in Mad Max was a Blue Heeler!

Thanks Tom,mate i'm not that far in front of ya,yet!!!
Don't worry bud,you'll be casting pretty soon and then there will be no stopping ya.
But then if ya didn't have that collector part in ya,you'd be building already!
What can i say,hurry the fuck up will ya?????

Last edited by Wombat; 03-01-2009 at 04:56 AM.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:19 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien9479 View Post
I still just can't bring myself to cut up a vintage/hard to find kit
I guess it is the collector side in me
Cut 'em up Tom, it's only plastic!

Studio scale builders: we are the Anti-Collectors! We make grown men cry over little old model kits!

Mike, Oz
Old 03-01-2009, 07:38 AM
Groovy tunes.

Sci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati God

Cool build! I'll be following this one, Phil!
Old 03-01-2009, 05:02 PM

79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God

Great start Phil. I really look forward to seeing your progress on this project.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:22 PM
Model Psycho

Damien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of All

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastBattlestar View Post
Cut 'em up Tom, it's only plastic!

Studio scale builders: we are the Anti-Collectors! We make grown men cry over little old model kits!

Mike, Oz
Shit Mike I wish I could!!
I have had the razor saw out half a dozen times and I just can't do it
I guess I am a poor excuse for a studio scale builder!!....LOL!!

Tom
Old 03-02-2009, 12:31 AM

Thanks again guys,i hope i don't disappoint ya's all with it?

But i gotta admit,i'm having a shit load of fun with it.
When ya actually break it all down into whats what it's not super complicated,even for me!
Hell,if i can pull this off anyone can!

Hey Tom,i'll give ya $5 for that razor saw,you'll never need it!!
Thats OK that ya can't sacrifice them kit's,just means a lil more work doing the moulds and castings.Oneday someone will be thankful that you didn't destroy em as well.Hell that someone might even be me?
Old 03-02-2009, 04:02 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien9479 View Post
Shit Mike I wish I could!!
I have had the razor saw out half a dozen times and I just can't do it
I guess I am a poor excuse for a studio scale builder!!....LOL!!

Tom
You will learn, young Padawan learner. Hey, I don't recall cutting up anything rare for the Movers?

My most liberating moments in the hobby were taking the razor saw to a brand new $125 1/25 Centurion hull and RARE Otaki D51 train kit for my Galactica. Try it- it's HELLA COOL!

The single most defining moment I've seen are the fricken ORIGINAL SeaLab parts on Jim Creveling's new Galactica project. Oh, man o man!

Mike, Oz