Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > Product Reviews

Product Reviews Got a new kit, aftermarket accessory, or anything else modeling-related? Give us a review of it in this section. We need to hear the good and the bad. Please back up what you're saying with with photos (in cases of poor quality) or references (in cases of inaccuracies).

Old 01-06-2012, 10:37 AM

clactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to behold
Default WARP: STIII Self Destruct Enterprise Conversion

This conversion kit consists of a damaged saucer section, photon torpedo launchers in clear red and some battle damage decals. Although I got this kit some time ago it had remained unopened until this January as I had developed an idea for a lighted version of the self destruct Enterprise.
I opened the box to find two pieces of resin, some decals and instructions. The instructions were rudimentary, as were the decals. The photon launcher piece was quite good, which brings us on to the main component, the saucer. Instead of inserts for the 22" AMT/Ertl refit, the blown up saucer is cast in one piece, badly!
The details of the damaged sections are simple but effective but the rest of the saucer is a recast of the 22" saucer section. It even contains all those lovely lines added to the molds after the original "smoothie" version.
The resin used has the consistency of toffee, sticky, yet exceptionally brittle.( If anyone has any ideas as to how to deal with resin like this please let me know.)
All in all I cannot recommend this kit although, to it's credit, it has put me completely off buying the new WARP 27" bird of prey, so may have saved me a more expensive mistake

Clactonite
Old 01-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Sol Lucet Omnibus

Prometheus is a name known to allPrometheus is a name known to allPrometheus is a name known to allPrometheus is a name known to allPrometheus is a name known to allPrometheus is a name known to allPrometheus is a name known to allPrometheus is a name known to allPrometheus is a name known to allPrometheus is a name known to allPrometheus is a name known to all
Default Re: WARP: STIII Self Destruct Enterprise Conversion

Uh oh.... I just bought the Warp Jem Hadar Fighter..... Hopefully the resin is a bit better..... How was the casting? Any Bubbles?
Old 01-08-2012, 11:05 AM

clactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to behold

Prometheus,
hope that your Jem Haddar is a better purchase, please put a review up of it when you recieve it. As to the casting, there are no bubbles but the thickness of the saucer is very uneven (it is thin enough for light to clearly shine through in one area) and the mold was obviously old as there were blobs of resin where pieces of the mold were missing. Hopefully Warp's quality control has improved lately but please let us know what your kit is like as I feel that I have squandered 40 on this piece of junk,

Clactonite
Old 01-08-2012, 11:50 AM
Sol Lucet Omnibus

Prometheus is a name known to allPrometheus is a name known to allPrometheus is a name known to allPrometheus is a name known to allPrometheus is a name known to allPrometheus is a name known to allPrometheus is a name known to allPrometheus is a name known to allPrometheus is a name known to allPrometheus is a name known to allPrometheus is a name known to all

Will do..... Hopefully I get lucky !