Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Military Models

Military Models Finished Military Models

Old 02-05-2008, 01:59 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God
Default 1/32 A-4F Skyhawk build

Allrighty then - time to start a new thread. (I HATE looong threads but this time I had no choice! Grab a cup of coffee.....

*** This and the Delta SSBN are pretty much going to be the only models I do for the first half of '08... I have a TON of phasers to finish

The A-4 has been my favorite jet ever since I 'won' a Frog/Hasegawa 1/72 kit way the hell back in elementary school. I built several models of them... pretty much any and all I could get. (I ended up throwing rocks at the Fujimi one that Testors made for Top Gun and using the decals on a Monogram but that's a different story).

Speaking of Top Gun, I think they showcased just what a mean-assed little bird the Skyhawk (or Mongoose, as the folks at Miramar would have said) was.

Any old ways, I'm starting this thread for one slightly-odd reason......

I really really like RI. It 'works'.... not all forums do - but this one does. It's informal but professional all at the same time - to me it's kind of like a modelling clubhouse. Maybe some of us are shooting the breeze, drinking coffee or watching a dirty YouTube vid... some of us are painting/sculpting/sanding, whatever.

That's the way I want this thread and build to be... I want your input. I want your ideas.

With that in mind, here's what I have so far.... I want to build a Fleet scooter. Everybody (including me x3) likes to build Lady Jessie. I'm doing it a little different....

Cockpit: Black Box makes a great one. The stock cockpit is the one area in which this kit really shows its age.

Armament: This Tinkertoy's looking for trouble, so I'm hanging a couple Shrikes on it plus some Snake Eyes for good measure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A-4-1.jpg (184.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg camr32020.jpg (17.2 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg camr32026.jpg (14.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg CS32026.jpg (26.4 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg SSD320216.jpg (27.3 KB, 14 views)
Old 02-05-2008, 04:44 PM

JohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant future

Hello Cat:
You might want to check out cybermodeler.com.
They have some nice ref. photos. I like nthe scooter too. And RI.
-JohnLogan
Old 02-05-2008, 05:09 PM

3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold

One of my favorite top 3 fighters!! Looking forward to the progression of this little bird!

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-06-2008, 03:26 PM
Banned

modman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati God

Looks like a great kit. Damn i must be getting old, I loaded bombs onto those way back. ( MK-82 retarded snake eyes)
Old 02-06-2008, 06:11 PM
Goldmember

R L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by modman06 View Post
Looks like a great kit. Damn i must be getting old, I loaded bombs onto those way back. ( MK-82 retarded snake eyes)
Geez, I guess! Either you've been in the NAV for a loooong time or you were in a RAG outfit still flying these or both....
Old 02-06-2008, 07:29 PM
Banned

modman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati God

it was a training squadron, they still flew a couple A-4s back in the late 80s. but is seems like ive been in forever. 20 years next march.

AL
Old 02-06-2008, 07:41 PM
Chef in Training

Talen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond repute

love the A-4, though personally I like the models with out the electronic "hump"

Who makes the model you're building, just curious
Old 02-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Goldmember

R L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by modman06 View Post
it was a training squadron, they still flew a couple A-4s back in the late 80s. but is seems like ive been in forever. 20 years next march.

AL
I would have had 20 years this May. We wuz contemporaries. So you're gettin' short, eh?
Old 02-07-2008, 06:16 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

JohnLogan, thanks for the link! I went there and made out like a bandit reference-wise. Lots of HTF info there.

Modman, I'm going to be loading Snakes on this aircraft - I'll definitely need your input on that

Talen, this is the Hasegawa kit. You can find them on the Bay at a reasonable price - this one was $31 shipped. I like the non-hump version too - one of these days I might tear into a Blue Angels build that'll be humpless. Plus it'll give me an excuse to get a set of those resin SuperFox intakes I've been reading about lately.

Speaking of Intakes:

Latest pic. I've opened up the intakes... I'm going to have to scratch the ducting and the front of the engine now. I also opened up the cockpit a bit........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A4pitandintakes.jpg (170.6 KB, 18 views)
Old 02-07-2008, 07:55 AM
It's gonna get real now.

One more pic - it's been divested of its control surfaces...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg noflippers.jpg (569.5 KB, 17 views)
Old 02-07-2008, 03:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
Modman, I'm going to be loading Snakes on this aircraft - I'll definitely need your input on that
No problem i got lots of pics stashed away here somewhere.

OOT. getting very short now, have'nt decided if i want out yet, the bonus for re enlisting is out of this world for me if i stay in.

AL
Old 02-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Goldmember

^ I'd hope you'd be up for a shore rotation if you re-up... There has to be some shore billets available for ya... damn Detailers....LOL!
Old 02-08-2008, 12:05 PM
It's gonna get real now.

I was going to be a candy ass and not drop the flaps........

Then I thought better of it!

I found some VERY good reference pics - here are a couple. I never knew what that middle 'flap' was for - but it's an access panel with a little pouch that holds the RBF tags and a couple screwdrivers. Now I have to find some aftermarket resin 1/32 scale screwdrivers 8) Also, that's a mean-looking compensator on the cannon... might be hard to duplicate.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flaps.jpg (169.9 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 01OHKC48.jpg (41.3 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 01WHEN53.jpg (40.7 KB, 22 views)
Old 02-14-2008, 07:46 AM
It's gonna get real now.

Hey ModMan,

How many Snakes would you generally load on the centerline pylon?
Old 02-14-2008, 04:13 PM
Banned

Default ordnance

I never loaded anything on the center pylon, that was usually kept for an external fuel tank. check out this website its got tons of reference photos.

www.skyhawk.org look under pre flight walk arond for some great pics.

hope that helps a bit

AL